Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 05:18 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ok, everybody by now knows about the Killing of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman
Who?

Old 03-20-2012, 05:26 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I suspect that NFL linebackers weigh more than 250 pounds and could run down a 150 pound teenager as well. What does him being fat and having a gun and firing at a kid at point blank range have to do with anything?
Yea well too bad he isn't an NFL linebacker, eh???

This is the ONLY thing I will infer out of the whole case.....here you go, get ready...

1 - Being that Trayvon gave away 100 pounds, and Zimmerman is an out of shape, chunky dude (who was reported to be drunk....not sure how valid those claims are)... I'm going to conclude that he did not chase him down on foot...

2 - He was shot point blank, means he had to be *ta da* CLOSE.....Like right up to him...

3 - They were talking, in close enough range to be pushed, as reported by the girlfriend. She also reported she heard the phone fall to the ground... Not sure how you can hear a push...but whatever..

Him being fat and Tryvon an athlete...point blank range is significant. It means Tryvon stopped to talk and engage...And he did by his girlfriends account.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:28 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Yea well too bad he isn't an NFL linebacker, eh???

This is the ONLY thing I will infer out of the whole case.....here you go, get ready...

1 - Being that Trayvon gave away 100 pounds, and Zimmerman is an out of shape, chunky dude (who was reported to be drunk....not sure how valid those claims are)... I'm going to conclude that he did not chase him down on foot...

2 - He was shot point blank, means he had to be *ta da* CLOSE.....Like right up to him...

3 - They were talking, in close enough range to be pushed, as reported by the girlfriend. She also reported she heard the phone fall to the ground... Not sure how you can hear a push...but whatever..

Him being fat and Tryvon an athlete...point blank range is significant. It means Tryvon stopped to talk and engage...And he did by his girlfriends account.
And the meathead could see the kid was unarmed, and yet he shot him anyhow.

A bottle/can of Arizona tea is pretty large, and holding a cell phone in his other hand. You can hear if someone is pushed over a cell phone, if you're pushed in the chest you're going to expel air from your mouth and your clothing will rustle, plus the kid could have said "don't push me!". The girlfriend told him to run but the kid told his girlfriend he wasn't going to run from him, he wasn't in run mode until it was too late.

I listened to the interview of the family's attorney on the radio this afternoon.

He said it was pretty clear what happened thanks to the phone call.

Quote:
"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run, but he said he was not going to run."

Eventually, he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin.

"Trayvon said, 'What are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again, and he didn't answer the phone."
Trayvon Martin's Last Phone Call Triggers Demand for Arrest 'Right Now'

Old 03-20-2012, 05:35 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Florida is such a low life state. Casey Anthony now this

Old 03-20-2012, 05:37 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That is so true about FL's soft gun laws. They were very recently considering even doing away with CCW and letting people carry out in the open.
So what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That would be nice, sitting in a restaurant or shopping at Target and seeing people walking around with guns strapped to them.
Oh.... You're one of those "guns are scary" people. Got it.

Nevada doesn't restrict open carry, and it's no big deal. I don't see it often, but occasionally I see someone carrying, and guess what? Nobody cares. The only people that have a problem with it are those with irrational fears.

Whether I'm carrying concealed, open or not at all, I'm not a threat to you, as long as you're not trying to hurt anyone.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:39 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
One statement...and based out of complete sound logic

Find me one person who disagrees, even yourself, that a 250 lb, overweight and out of shape man can chase down a 150 pound high school athlete...

And I still closed my statement inconclusively....
It is quite easy if that fat man is following the high schooler in a car.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:59 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
It is quite easy if that fat man is following the high schooler in a car.
did he run him over? At some point it would have resulted in a footchase....but it's clear now, if the girlfriends statement holds water, that they engaged...They were exchanging words within arms reach.

To say that insults and trash talk were not thrown back and forth...resulting in blows being thrown....wrestling..etc.etc. Followed by Zimmerman getting his tail whipped and either..

1 - reaching for his gun out of anger

OR

2 - genuine fear for his life

Is not unfathomable.....I personally feel that he followed him then antagonized....there was a confrontation and trash talk. Zimmerman was probably getting taken to task by a teenager and out of rage..pulled the gun and killed him.

That's what I think happened. And it's unfortunate that the boy is dead.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:03 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Florida is such a low life state. Casey Anthony now this
I lived in that area...close to Palm Beach and Miami. IT REALLY IS LOW LIFE. I was stopped by a HW Patrolman....I told him my Sunshine parkway receipt (interstate with a toll) blew out my window. This jerk made me park my car at Toll booth...and took my keys. I didn't know what to do...called my Dad, told him how rotten the cop acted. Dad, said wait till they go out of the booth...run in and get your keys, and move on. I did, and THE LORD was with me. On the way back to West Palm, where I lived...on the radio, BREAKING NEWS - HW Patrolman shoots and kills a guy he pulled over on routine stop...no apparent reason for shooting the driver. - Gave name of patrolman....exact same one who an hour earlier had treated me like dirt...for NO justifiable reason.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:05 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,637,059 times
Chasing and then killing somebody who you had no reason to chase to begin with, especially a much younger and smaller person, especially when you are told by authorities to not chase them and after all saying it was self defense doesn't make sense. It looks like Zimmerman was looking for trouble. He seems like a wannabe cop, power hungry, gun happy punk. This fat boy needs to get a needle.
I don't know what's all the arguing about on here, seems clear as of now.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:08 PM

14 posts, read 32,041 times
Not to reply to anyone in particular, but Zimmerman is indeed a 'HISPANIC", from my assumptions I would say that the Hispanics is making this a more racy issue that it is by saying and distinguishing that he is not hispanic. (Not wanting to turn this into a black vs hispanic thing).... but I would be the first to say, "hispanics think they are more white just to migrate into white america"! I don't want to get off the topic that justice should be served. So I don't care to make this a topic of discussion.

my sources

Feds To Investigate Killing of Black Teen by Florida Latino | Fox News Latino
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies