Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 06:44 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Look - he is already wearing orange - he will go to prison and wear that color for the rest of his life.

Zimmerman vs. Trayvon is just a precursor of the real coming race war: Hispanics vs. Blacks.

http://newsone.com/files/2012/03/George-Zimmerman2.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-20-2012, 06:46 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
The real racist mainstream media is still calling him white and making this out like a white old man killing a young black kid.

The man is not white and I wish they would stop this crap.
How are they making it out be a white old man? Every story I have seen has stated Zimmerman's age.

They have also shown his picture all over the place.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:48 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
White people outnumber black people by a very large margin in this country and black people still shoot each other way more often than white people shoot black people. That young black man (is he a man now... in order to pull at the heart strings you guys have been making him out to be a helpless baby but now all of a sudden he's a man?) stands a much higher chance of getting shot by another black man than any evil fat, whitish guy.
NONE of it is acceptable.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:51 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
So what?

Oh.... You're one of those "guns are scary" people. Got it.

Nevada doesn't restrict open carry, and it's no big deal. I don't see it often, but occasionally I see someone carrying, and guess what? Nobody cares. The only people that have a problem with it are those with irrational fears.

Whether I'm carrying concealed, open or not at all, I'm not a threat to you, as long as you're not trying to hurt anyone.

How odd, considering that this entire thread is about a young man who wasn't trying to hurt anyone, yet ended up dead. Anyone who crossed the path of George Zimmerman and didn't pass his "this one's okay" test had every reason to have "irrational fears." And there are hundreds of thousands just like him...bullies with guns. It's no secret that bullies are cowards. It's tragic that this thread had to deteriorate into a debate on what a "Hispanic" is, when it simply means that, no matter where one was born, their cultural language is Spanish. I'm surprised to see that a Hispanic woman identifies as "Latino," when "Latina" would be the appropriate designation. Since ovcatto began his original thread, I've followed closely...as a mother, I've wept. As the mother of a son, I've wept. Reading some flippant and insensitive posts, I've wept. People type without thinking or feeling; every holiday, there will be an empty chair where Trayvon should be sitting. His parents won't see him graduate from high school, from college, get married or have children. Dead is forever.
No matter his ethnicity, Zimmerman has had a free pass to kill a young man. Having to live in fear has no place in America: not for blacks, for whites, for Hispanics, for Jews, for women, for Native Americans and all of the mixtures we produce. The best answer is for everyone to pack a gun?
That's just pathetic.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:51 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
The real racist mainstream media is still calling him white and making this out like a white old man killing a young black kid.

The man is not white and I wish they would stop this crap.
People are stupid and that includes journalists. They read "Zimmerman" and they see someone of German descent - meaning lily white.

But frankly what difference does it make?

Old 03-20-2012, 06:53 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
We rarely agree, but on this count, agreed 100%.

Also agree with the OP. Apparently Florida cannot wipe it's own behind revising the justice system to enable criminals. Wonder when Floridians are going to get disgusted enough with their states mgmt to rid themselves of rabid right. Perhaps when the sanctimonious authoritarian retirees kick their collective bucket? Nah. Too many medicaid fraud & military industrial complex weasels will prop them up forever no matter how long they're dead.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:56 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Of course none of it is acceptable, so why is the "black community" all up in arms about this story when 17 year old black kids die from gunshot wounds every day around this country at the hands of other black people and you never hear about it...

When was the last time you saw a drive by shooting on the evening national news? When did the FBI and DOJ get involved?

Old 03-20-2012, 06:58 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
About a year ago in Lakeland, FL outside of Tampa an elderly retired man(who was black) shot and killed his 40 something year old neighor in front of the man's 8yr old daughter.

Why? Because a teenage boy(who was related to neither one of them) was horror of horrors was skateboarding on a basketball court in violation of the HOA rules.

The older man couldn't mind his own business and went outside and confronted the teen. He brought his gun with him.

The forty something year old neighbor tried to calm down the situation and ended up dead.

Now in this case the shooter was black and the victim was white.

What happened this time was the shooter was white and the victim black.

Both never should have happened.

FL has a lot of people who never owned guns before, move to FL and all of sudden because FL has the "Stand Your Ground Law" and make it very easy to get a gun, think it is OK to shoot anyone who they feel threatens them.

Up north if two neigbhors get into an arguement in might end up in a fistfight with the cops being called, in FL many times it ends up with a dead body.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
How odd, considering that this entire thread is about a young man who wasn't trying to hurt anyone, yet ended up dead.
Willful ignorance rules them. How these police would interpret stalking behavior inflicted upon an unarmed teen carrying groceries home as hostile posturing justifying the evocation of self defense clause is beyond all reason. Clearly the FBI needs to be there. Clearly this police department, and it's DA, needs to be removed for malfeasance.

Maybe the real mein kampf solution for these deluded individuals is to reserve a state in the union for the lily white political party but prohibit them from voting on federal anything. If white males are all that and a bag of chips, let them worship themselves without women, children, blacks, hispanics, or anyone else around to interfere with their one true love in the mirror.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
About a year ago in Lakeland, FL outside of Tampa an elderly retired man(who was black) shot and killed his 40 something year old neighor in front of the man's 8yr old daughter.

Why? Because a teenage boy(who was related to neither one of them) was horror of horrors was skateboarding on a basketball court in violation of the HOA rules.

The older man couldn't mind his own business and went outside and confronted the teen. He brought his gun with him.

The forty something year old neighbor tried to calm down the situation and ended up dead.

Now in this case the shooter was black and the victim was white.

What happened this time was the shooter was white and the victim black.

Both never should have happened.
This shooter was hispanic. Most of the gang related violence in cali is not happening between blacks and whites, but between blacks and hispanics.

Present tense Indiana is trying to make it legal for citizens to shoot at the police if they believe a cop doesn't have a warrant. It appears red states & NRA are giving license to loonies to go on shooting sprees. There's a reason I carry but refuse to support the NRA. Their ethics are sickened pandering to rabid right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies