Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 06:11 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
Chasing and then killing somebody who you had no reason to chase to begin with, especially a much younger and smaller person, especially when you are told by authorities to not chase them and after all saying it was self defense doesn't make sense. It looks like Zimmerman was looking for trouble. He seems like a wannabe cop, power hungry, gun happy punk. This fat boy needs to get a needle.
I don't know what's all the arguing about on here, seems clear as of now.
You're NO fool...and are exactly right, I believe. Did you see the close up pic of the Low life who killed this young, helpless kid??

Mean as hell looking.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:14 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Absolutely, 100% wrong. It's amazing how wrong you got it. Unless you think gunning down an innocent teen is par for the course. I would outraged if this was a white teen. My demand for justice draws no racial lines.
Exactly. This is about a teen getting shot for no reason. Imagine you have someone following you, what would you do? Unless it's someone in a police car and in a police uniform anyone who has their wits about them is going to run.

Which is what this kid did.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:17 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Was there a second shot? I didn't realize this (if it's true). Do you have a link? Don't know how I missed this.
I may have to retract this. There are reports of two shots being fired but now they are being disputed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
With all the race baiting I'm not sure it anyone has mentioned that the victim was on the phone with his girlfriend and she is saying Zimmerman was stalking the kid and he wanted to run out of fear. She advised him not to. She said as he walked quickly back to his dad's place she heard what sounded like him being thrown onto the ground. No conversation, just Zimmerman tackling him.... This was part of a CNN report 30 minutes ago.
There are eyewitnesses who say the kid was face DOWN in the ground when the pile of **** was standing over him. How does a dead man end up face down unless he is shot from behind?

Old 03-20-2012, 06:22 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,637,059 times
It's good that enough noise was made though. Now that it reached the media, of course the Feds are gonna get involved for PR and damage control purposes. Hopefully, they'll open a separate probe in regards to police misconduct.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:32 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I've been following this Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman case that happened in Florida.
The dad of the shooter said his son is a Latino.

So IMO don't look for Obama to come out the same way he did to go after a cop he said acted stupidly. He wants Latino votes and will avoid this like fire.

What happened is a tragedy.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:34 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The dad of the shooter said his son is a Latino.

So IMO don't look for Obama to come out the same way he did to go after a cop he said acted stupidly. He wants Latino votes and will avoid this like fire.

What happened is a tragedy.

The real racist mainstream media is still calling him white and making this out like a white old man killing a young black kid.

The man is not white and I wish they would stop this crap.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:35 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Have they arrested the Latino shooter yet?

Old 03-20-2012, 06:36 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
did he run him over? At some point it would have resulted in a footchase....but it's clear now, if the girlfriends statement holds water, that they engaged...They were exchanging words within arms reach.

To say that insults and trash talk were not thrown back and forth...resulting in blows being thrown....wrestling..etc.etc. Followed by Zimmerman getting his tail whipped and either..

1 - reaching for his gun out of anger

OR

2 - genuine fear for his life

Is not unfathomable.....I personally feel that he followed him then antagonized....there was a confrontation and trash talk. Zimmerman was probably getting taken to task by a teenager and out of rage..pulled the gun and killed him.

That's what I think happened. And it's unfortunate that the boy is dead.

So let's just paraphrase your position...

No matter what the circumstances, you are most likely on the side of the scruffy, fat low life Zimmerman (or at the very least will give him the greatest benefit of the doubt).

And because even though this is America, young Black men should not dare walk down a street if he is not personally known to every White (or Whitish) person in the vicinity, or if he does not have his "negro slave pass" from good ole massa that would allow him to leave the plantation. Otherwise, the young Black man is subject to being shot by any good, upstanding White (or Whitish) citizen.

We get your position Hot Handz. No doubt about it.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:39 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
The real racist mainstream media is still calling him white and making this out like a white old man killing a young black kid.

The man is not white and I wish they would stop this crap.
That's got to be an Evil Agenda at work....as is this whole stinkin' inept way this has been swept under the proverbial 'rug.'

Old 03-20-2012, 06:42 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And because even though this is America, young Black men should not dare walk down a street if he is not personally known to every White (or Whitish) person in the vicinity, or if he does not have his "negro slave pass" from good ole massa that would allow him to leave the plantation. Otherwise, the young Black man is subject to being shot by any good, upstanding White (or Whitish) citizen.
White people outnumber black people by a very large margin in this country and black people still shoot each other way more often than white people shoot black people. That young black man (is he a man now... in order to pull at the heart strings you guys have been making him out to be a helpless baby but now all of a sudden he's a man?) stands a much higher chance of getting shot by another black man than any evil fat, whitish guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies