Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 03:58 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,611,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
What are you talking about?
I'm talking about the 911 tape where some say they hear Zimmerman saying "f****** coon". But it's very hard to hear.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:59 PM

7,188 posts, read 4,776,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you're claiming he only looked guilty post mortem?
where did i claim i was OK with that?

and where did i even mention how trayvon appeared?

what is up with these made-up names, anyway? trayvon? really?
how often do black kids christened bill or john end up badly? i never hear about them.
Please disregard my comment. It appears to have gone over your head.

The name thing is totally OT.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:01 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,214,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I'm talking about the 911 tape where some say they hear Zimmerman saying "f****** coon". But it's very hard to hear.
Yeah, I don't think he said coon. Sounded more like "punk". But it does prove that he was irritated/frustrated leading up to the confrontation.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:04 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,209,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The "media" was glacial when it came to picking up this story. The first thread on this was at the very least 2-3 days before any of he national media picked up on the story and at least a day after the family's first public call for Zimmerman's arrest. Even the Orlando Sentinel (a Tribune owned paper) had little information on the shooting.
With all the race baiting I'm not sure it anyone has mentioned that the victim was on the phone with his girlfriend and she is saying Zimmerman was stalking the kid and he wanted to run out of fear. She advised him not to. She said as he walked quickly back to his dad's place she heard what sounded like him being thrown onto the ground. No conversation, just Zimmerman tackling him.... This was part of a CNN report 30 minutes ago.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:06 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,214,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
With all the race baiting I'm not sure it anyone has mentioned that the victim was on the phone with his girlfriend and she is saying Zimmerman was stalking the kid and he wanted to run out of fear. She advised him not to. She said as he walked quickly back to his dad's place she heard what sounded like him being thrown onto the ground. No conversation, just Zimmerman tackling him.... This was part of a CNN report 30 minutes ago.
That's a bit different from what I've read.

I've read that the girlfriend told him to run, but said he declined (probably out of pride; I can imagine my nephew doing this).

And then when Z caught up to him, Trayvon asked "Why are you following me?"

So there was dialogue before the physical altercation.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:08 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,392,969 times
Quote:
I've heard the tapes constantly since this happened and I never heard that...those who did must have super ears

Old 03-20-2012, 04:09 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,094,734 times
Quote:
With all the race baiting I'm not sure it anyone has mentioned that the victim was on the phone with his girlfriend and she is saying Zimmerman was stalking the kid and he wanted to run out of fear.
Yes it was pointed out earlier and just as quickly ignored in preference for the aforementioned race baiting.

Quote:
This was part of a CNN report 30 minutes ago.
I'll check it out.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:09 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,919,450 times
Quote:
This is why now it has taken a turn to stoking the flames....

In no way....NO WAY....should that girls account made rounds like it has..Considering the fact that the lawyer felt compelled to throw this bone.

How the HELL can she discern who was being thrown to the ground..????

Another thing... IF Martin said something to the effect "OK...Im not gonna run...Im gonna duck to the side and sneak him when he comes past this tree"

Is she REALLY going to say this????

Old 03-20-2012, 04:15 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,472,384 times
Quote:
He said "F-ing Punk"

Old 03-20-2012, 04:16 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,094,734 times
More no evidence!

Caller: "Male."

Dispatcher: "So, when you heard screaming, it was a male screaming?"

Caller: "Yes. And the guy on top had a white t-shirt."

Dispatcher: "What do you mean guy on top? Did you see a fight?"

Caller: "I don't know, I just looked out my window, and there was a guy on top wearing a white t-shirt."

Zimmerman: "A dark hoodie, grey hoodie, jeans or sweatpants or white shoes. He's walking around staring at the houses. Now he's just staring at me."

Caller:" I know. I can't believe somebody's killed. He was saying help. Why didn't someone come out and help him?"

Last edited by ovcatto; 03-20-2012 at 04:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies