Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 07:08 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Of course none of it is acceptable, so why is the "black community" all up in arms about this story when 17 year old black kids die from gunshot wounds every day around this country at the hands of other black people and you never hear about it...

When was the last time you saw a drive by shooting on the evening national news? When did the FBI and DOJ get involved?
You're trying to change the subject and it's not working.

Why is selective enforcement of the law acceptable to you?

Old 03-20-2012, 07:12 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Of course none of it is acceptable, so why is the "black community" all up in arms about this story when 17 year old black kids die from gunshot wounds every day around this country at the hands of other black people and you never hear about it...

When was the last time you saw a drive by shooting on the evening national news? When did the FBI and DOJ get involved?
I think you should have used the backspace key before you submitted this post.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Willful ignorance rules them. How these police would interpret stalking behavior inflicted upon an unarmed teen carrying groceries home as hostile posturing justifying the evocation of self defense clause is beyond all reason. Clearly the FBI needs to be there. Clearly this police department, and it's DA, needs to be removed for malfeasance.

Maybe the real mein kampf solution for these deluded individuals is to reserve a state in the union for the lily white political party but prohibit them from voting on federal anything. If white males are all that and a bag of chips, let them worship themselves without women, children, blacks, hispanics, or anyone else around to interfere with their one true love in the mirror.
Some folks lose sight of reality, and only see an opportunity for mental gymnastics in a thread. And I believe there should be exemptions for white men who call out inequality when they see it. There are posters here who would gladly offer up their states for such a "sovereign nation."

Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Look - he is already wearing orange - he will go to prison and wear that color for the rest of his life.

Zimmerman vs. Trayvon is just a precursor of the real coming race war: Hispanics vs. Blacks.
Thanks for posting that pic, Harrier. Nice, gentle, kind lookin fellow, isn't he? >>NOT<<

This brutal killing has much deeper underlying factors, it appears.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:20 PM

165 posts, read 323,167 times
So in Florida, you can be a registered or licensed gun owner, provoke a situation with an innocent person because of your own paranoia, and when that person defends him/herself against YOUR attacking them first, you can shoot and kill them without being prosecuted?

WHAT HAS AMERICA COME TO????

Old 03-20-2012, 07:22 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBound09 View Post
So in Florida, you can be a registered or licensed gun owner, provoke a situation with an innocent person because of your own paranoia, and when that person defends him/herself against YOUR attacking them first, you can shoot and kill them without being prosecuted?

WHAT HAS AMERICA COME TO????
Oh, just a suberb of HELL!!! And getting WORSE.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:22 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I've noticed black people have taken a particular interest in this incident. A few of my black friends on Facebook have repeatedly posted "Trayvon" related points. Is there a particular reason this story is attractive to black people?

I prefer that due diligance via the justice system be carried out. What else could we ask for here?

Ovcatto...aren't you a lawyer? Does "beyond a reasonable doubt" ring a bell?
One doesn't have to be a HS graduate to grasp that if due diligence was working that Zimmerman would have been arrested and questioned. After evidence review then he would have been charged.

The first day this news broke I was full of questions on why Zimmerman was not arrested. I understand more now with news on the FL 'stand your ground law', but as more news has been released, (the 911 calls; the fact that the stupid Sandord PD didn't even try to ID this child; the testimony of witnesses who said Sanford PD told them they story was wrong;the fact that his cell phone was on him and they didn't ID him for two day! or even check cell phone records; and now the release of the girlfriend's statement that she was on the phone with him and it was Trayvon who was scared).

It has taken the voice and outrage of citizens all across America of every ethnicity to get this murder the attention it deserves. One doesn't have to have a high IQ to realize that until outrage of citizens in the social media regarding the pursuit and killing (sure looks like cold blooded murder) of this innocent kid there had been ZERO due diligence.

Thank for reminding me why I rarely post on here anymore.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:23 PM

What angers me more is, while I am a propenent of the 2nd Amendment, I am wholeheartedly against trigger happy, wannabe law enforcement officials taking the law into their own hands and somehow in their minds, thinking they are a superhero

Old 03-20-2012, 07:23 PM

14 posts, read 32,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
This shooter was hispanic. Most of the gang related violence in cali is not happening between blacks and whites, but between blacks and hispanics.

Present tense Indiana is trying to make it legal for citizens to shoot at the police if they believe a cop doesn't have a warrant. It appears red states & NRA are giving license to loonies to go on shooting sprees. There's a reason I carry but refuse to support the NRA. Their ethics are sickened pandering to rabid right.

You are right... Zimmerman wanting to keep whites and his kind leading white America since they know damn well that whites will never let that happen. "if you can't beat em, join em. Zimmerman alerting 911 to discribe the allege threat. Dispatcher "what race is he, black or hispanic?" Zimmerman, "black." Neighbors report that Zimmerman was going around knocking on the door to be on the look out for young black males. Why? could it be to join the team? when Obama won presidency 70% of his votes were Hispanic votes. why didn't they vote for the more hispanic appealing one. b/c they wanted to know how much power they have with their population.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
One doesn't have to be a HS graduate to grasp that if due diligence was working that Zimmerman would have been arrested and questioned. After evidence review then he would have been charged.

The first day this news broke I was full of questions on why Zimmerman was not arrested. I understand more now with news on the FL 'stand your ground law', but as more news has been released, (the 911 calls; the fact that the stupid Sandord PD didn't even try to ID this child; the testimony of witnesses who said Sanford PD told them they story was wrong;the fact that his cell phone was on him and they didn't ID him for two day! or even check cell phone records; and now the release of the girlfriend's statement that she was on the phone with him and it was Trayvon who was scared).

It has taken the voice and outrage of citizens all across America of every ethnicity to get this murder the attention it deserves. One doesn't have to have a high IQ to realize that until outrage of citizens in the social media regarding the pursuit and killing (sure looks like cold blooded murder) of this innocent kid there had been ZERO due diligence.

Thank for reminding me why I rarely post on here anymore.
Awesome post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies