Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 09:52 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Listen to the 911 call, what do you hear the dispatcher tell him?

"Are you following him?... O.K. we don't need you to do that."

Zimmerman 911 call
They just played it AGAIN on 10:00 News - NO DOUBT about it, LG. The killer was out for Trayvon Martin's Blood. May justice truly be done?!!

Why have things bcome so corrupt...that the victimizer is protected, and the poor victim is not??

Old 03-20-2012, 10:09 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Of course none of it is acceptable, so why is the "black community" all up in arms about this story when 17 year old black kids die from gunshot wounds every day around this country at the hands of other black people and you never hear about it...

When was the last time you saw a drive by shooting on the evening national news? When did the FBI and DOJ get involved?
When's the last time you had someone admit to shooting someone in a drive-by?'

It should be common sense that stories with angles get more media attention. Missing kids get more attention then missing women but missing women get more attention then missing men.
Domestic abuse gets more attention when it's a man beating a woman then a woman beating a man. Even more attention when the man or woman is a public figure.

The world is not fair; we all know that but that doesn't mean we shouldn't care about this case because it's getting more media attention then others.

Quote:
Actually I saw video and photos of the demonstrations, there weren't that many people there and they were 100% black. The whitest skin in the place belonged to Ben Jealous.
I saw a local demonstration and there were people of all races, mostly UCF/Valencia & SSC students. Of course, I'm sure you're going to ask me to post a picture, which I don't feel like looking for but next time I drive downtown I'll make sure to pull over and take one just for you.

Question for you: why do you feel the need to make it appear that only black people are concerned about this?

Several of my non-black coworkers were talking about this at work today, not to mention many of the parents at my son's little league practice, where we are the ONLY black participants. I guess when a minor gets shot right in your county, you worry a little less about what race and worry more about safety.

Last edited by nat_at772; 03-20-2012 at 10:21 PM..

Old 03-20-2012, 10:42 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Trayvon Martin Killing: 911 Tape Reveals Possible Racial Slur by Neighborhood Watchman - Yahoo! well maybe old zimmerman is racist

Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
You mean YOUNG Zimmerman - George is 27 years of age.

Last edited by Harrier; 03-20-2012 at 10:56 PM..

Old 03-20-2012, 10:52 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You mean YOUNG Zimmerman - George is 27 years of gae.
Young zimmerman doesn't have a ring to it though

Old 03-20-2012, 10:53 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,140,204 times
You all know where this is going to end up don't you? Not good. Not good for anybody involved in it and not good for Florida. Some people are like really not happy if you listen to talk radio. They want blood for blood. Glad I don't live there. We already had our "teachable moment" with Rodney King. And he was nothing but a habitual drunk adult. This is worse.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:05 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
You all know where this is going to end up don't you? Not good. Not good for anybody involved in it and not good for Florida. Some people are like really not happy if you listen to talk radio. They want blood for blood. Glad I don't live there. We already had our "teachable moment" with Rodney King. And he was nothing but a habitual drunk adult. This is worse.
Well, let's hope truth and justice prevails.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:05 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Question for you: why do you feel the need to make it appear that only black people are concerned about this?

Several of my non-black coworkers were talking about this at work today, not to mention many of the parents at my son's little league practice, where we are the ONLY black participants. I guess when a minor gets shot right in your county, you worry a little less about what race and worry more about safety.
I never said or meant anything like that, I feel that people of all races and backgrounds are concerned about this story. I'm white and I'm concerned about this story because it appears that an innocent 17 year old was shot and killed by a man who was legally carrying a concealed handgun. As a legal handgun owner and carrier I think this really drives home the responsibility that carrying a self defense weapon brings along with it.

I do feel that many black people are doing what they can to make this situation about race which in my opinion it is not, people of other races care but they aren't trying to exploit this death for political reasons like many prominent black people seem to be doing. I truly believe that a 17 year old Caucasian or Latino would have ended up dead just like Trayvon did.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:07 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times
Quote:
I listened to the call, the dispatcher didn't tell him to stay in his vehicle or to not get out of his car like many people have said over and over again. He made a recommendation of "we don't need you to do that" which Zimmerman didn't take like he should have but he did not order him to stay in his vehicle.
You're unbelievable.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:11 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
There's really nothing a court or jury could do to Zimmerman that would satisfy the masses at this point shy of a public hanging on the steps out front and even that wouldn't be enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies