Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 05:23 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElyseB View Post
Not to reply to anyone in particular, but Zimmerman is indeed a 'HISPANIC", from my assumptions I would say that the Hispanics is making this a more racy issue that it is by saying and distinguishing that he is not hispanic. (Not wanting to turn this into a black vs hispanic thing).... but I would be the first to say, "hispanics think they are more white just to migrate into white america"! I don't want to get off the topic that justice should be served. So I don't care to make this a topic of discussion.

my sources

Feds To Investigate Killing of Black Teen by Florida Latino | Fox News Latino
When it first came out and he was identified as white many of the posters you could predict jumped right in defending him. They blamed the victim etc. Once he was identified as Hispanic most (I would say 90%)disappeared and have not came back to this thread. Funny aint it.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The dad of the shooter said his son is a Latino.

So IMO don't look for Obama to come out the same way he did to go after a cop he said acted stupidly. He wants Latino votes and will avoid this like fire.

What happened is a tragedy.
Way to use this to attack Obama. I bet romney thinks the black kid deserved it. The same thing many conservatives have been putting on boards all across the net.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:42 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Zimmerman should be taken off the streets.

He sounds like a real animal.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So let's just paraphrase your position...

No matter what the circumstances, you are most likely on the side of the scruffy, fat low life Zimmerman (or at the very least will give him the greatest benefit of the doubt).

And because even though this is America, young Black men should not dare walk down a street if he is not personally known to every White (or Whitish) person in the vicinity, or if he does not have his "negro slave pass" from good ole massa that would allow him to leave the plantation. Otherwise, the young Black man is subject to being shot by any good, upstanding White (or Whitish) citizen.

We get your position Hot Handz. No doubt about it.
Until we get ourselves together and are able to do what they do and that is apply the laws however you want depending on the race of the people involved,this will continue to happen. Many on boards across the net are just like HH. You will never be able to ask for it to stop. A bully will always mistreat and beat down someone weaker. We are weak politically and socially as a people. Therefore this type of thing will continue to happen to our children. If Trayvons dads wants justice he is going to have to get it on his own. These good Ole boy cops in Florida could care less about his kid being gunned down.

The incident would have been a loss for Trayvon no matter what would have happened. If he would have beat zimmerman to death he would be in jail and the DA would be seeking the death penalty. Why? No power equals no justice.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:51 AM

165 posts, read 323,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I listened to the call, the dispatcher didn't tell him to stay in his vehicle or to not get out of his car like many people have said over and over again. He made a recommendation of "we don't need you to do that" which Zimmerman didn't take like he should have but he did not order him to stay in his vehicle.
Are you serious?

He was instructed by law enforcement to not follow him. Don't play the semantics game on here.

"We don't need you to do that" = Stay your ass in the car

Zimmerman was not part of ANY law enforcement team, although, in his mind he was and thought he was above the law.

Neighborhood Watch was the "closest" he could get to "law enforcement" and he figured owning a gun made him an officer of the law---but he was not.

Additionally, the Neighbor Watch for his neighborhood was not even registered, so he appointed himself as "Captain" and decided to take the law in his own hands.

He was a ticking time bomb and does not need to be around any type of gun or other deadly weapon.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
White people outnumber black people by a very large margin in this country and black people still shoot each other way more often than white people shoot black people. That young black man (is he a man now... in order to pull at the heart strings you guys have been making him out to be a helpless baby but now all of a sudden he's a man?) stands a much higher chance of getting shot by another black man than any evil fat, whitish guy.
Did a black man kill him? No. So you have no point.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:54 AM

165 posts, read 323,167 times
Quote:
I never said or meant anything like that, I feel that people of all races and backgrounds are concerned about this story. I'm white and I'm concerned about this story because it appears that an innocent 17 year old was shot and killed by a man who was legally carrying a concealed handgun. As a legal handgun owner and carrier I think this really drives home the responsibility that carrying a self defense weapon brings along with it.

I do feel that many black people are doing what they can to make this situation about race which in my opinion it is not, people of other races care but they aren't trying to exploit this death for political reasons like many prominent black people seem to be doing. I truly believe that a 17 year old Caucasian or Latino would have ended up dead just like Trayvon did.
Wrong. It would have been business as usual b/c his targets were AA males. If it were Timmy or Jose, we wouldn't be having this discussion b/c somehow they belong in he neighborhood more than the Trayvons of the world.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBound09 View Post
So in Florida, you can be a registered or licensed gun owner, provoke a situation with an innocent person because of your own paranoia, and when that person defends him/herself against YOUR attacking them first, you can shoot and kill them without being prosecuted?

WHAT HAS AMERICA COME TO????
Thats exactly how it was applied this time. Don't try that if you are black. It will not go that way for you. In fact you have two choices. Be killed or go to prison for murder.

No power=you lose no matter what happens.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:03 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
It is forgotten. Trayvons family needs to find zimmerman.
I think they WILL find him...in civil court FIRST if they are smart...then let it cool down awhile and find him elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Zimmerman should be taken off the streets.

He sounds like a real animal.
I agree...he's your typical cop wannabe....according to what I am reading he was your average neighborhood watch dumb arse...SEVERAL cry wolf calls...after that many "type" calls,he should have been told by a Deputy face to face "the next time you call for BS and I have to come out here,YOU are going back with me".

Old 03-21-2012, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
When was the last time the police had a dead body, a black shooter in custody, and they told the shooter to go home, because his story sounded ok to them?
I can answer never and never will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies