Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 03:48 PM

75 posts, read 120,802 times

Advertisements

I’m outraged, as all Americans should be, and share the grief felt by Trayvon’s family and friends. Is the South rising again?

According to national reports the circumstances of his death, a self-appointed vigilante, George Zimmerman, called 911 to report that Trayvon was behaving “suspiciously” so he pursued him until we heard Trayvon screaming for help followed by the sound of a gunshot, all clearly in the background as another 911 caller requested police and ambulance be dispatched to the scene. Trayvon’s killer was patrolling on neighborhood watch in his “gated community.” His job was to observe and report, not engage, which the 911 operator also advised against him doing. He defended his attack on the victim by saying that he “felt threatened,” which apparently makes it legal to kill someone in Florida. The Florida law makes no sense and the killer’s claim of feeling threatened makes no sense because he was chasing the victim, not vice versa.

After hearing Trayvon’s screams for help, his murder sounded cold-blooded. We need to get his vigilante killer, gun-toting police wannabe off the street and appropriately charged.

31,384 posts, read 37,150,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I would rather NOT see this thread buried. Injustices should NEVER be buried.
Then both of you PLEASE CHILL or at least ignore each other because I am tired of rebuilding this thread (I think this is my second or third attempt).

4,520 posts, read 4,219,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
No, I have been trying to nail you on the fact that you BUY into the very same construct that has, allegedly, held you or somebody you know...or somebody you are likened to down..

lol you're using it to try and pigeonhole Zimmerman....maybe not right now or anymore... but you definitely stuck your foot in to test those waters.
It would take a smarter man than you to nail me about anything.

It's obvious that you are in this thread to simply detract from the discussion. No matter how many threads are opened and closed, you enter them just to stir up turmoil.

I'm not interested in engaging with you about this "Latino isn't white" angle anymore. Try your local library; I'm done trying to educate you.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:49 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,927,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The "media" was glacial when it came to picking up this story. The first thread on this was at the very least 2-3 days before any of he national media picked up on the story and at least a day after the family's first public call for Zimmerman's arrest. Even the Orlando Sentinel (a Tribune owned paper) had little information on the shooting.
I thought newspapers went the way of the tooth fairy??

This is social engineering at it's finest...

Old 03-20-2012, 03:51 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,219,590 times
Quote:
Then both of you PLEASE CHILL or at least ignore each other because I am tired of rebuilding this thread (I think this is my second or third attempt).
See Post #433 (written as you wrote the above)

I'm done dealing with him about the Latino angle. If he wants to discuss the merits of the case, that's different. Otherwise, I'm not engaging.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I thought newspapers went the way of the tooth fairy??
The paper part perhaps.

Quote:
This is social engineering at it's finest...
I don't have the slightest ideas as to what you are referring to.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
It would take a smarter man than you to nail me about anything.

It's obvious that you are in this thread to simply detract from the discussion. No matter how many threads are opened and closed, you enter them just to stir up turmoil.

I'm not interested in engaging with you about this "Latino isn't white" angle anymore. Try your local library; I'm done trying to educate you.
You think I'm trolling and you have yet to abstain....

Intelligence comment disregarded....

Old 03-20-2012, 03:55 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,627,018 times
Quote:
It doesn't...at all....

But that won't dissuade people from feasting on this steak the media threw us...

Meanwhile some other kid in a much less sensitized circumstance was murdered as I type this......and probably a handful at that.
I don't think it would be admissable in court. But then he'd have to get ARRESTED and sent to TRIAL first.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I don't think it would be admissable in court. But then he'd have to get ARRESTED and sent to TRIAL first.
What are you talking about?

Old 03-20-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
The paper part perhaps.

I don't have the slightest ideas as to what you are referring to.
Right, Social Engineering and the Racial Construct....

nothing to do with each other...

How silly of me to think such a thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.