Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 12:33 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,466,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Lots of unarmed white kids being shot these days without the cops bothering to investigate the perp, who walks free?
Ditto for Blacks. Is the land littered with Trayvons? Oh they did investigate they declined to charge.

Do you people realize the police are not the final arbiters of determining whether it is correct to charge someone? I mean a couple episodes of Law & Order should tell you that much at least.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:34 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,926,025 times
Quote:
Plenty of white Dominicans? According to their own government, the country is only 15% white, and Dominicans tend to "overwhiten" their own self-identification. So maybe around 9 of every 10 Dominicans are black or mixed black-white or black-white-Indian (and, of course, a few Asians). That leaves a bit more than 10% of Dominicans being white.
if you are speaking about Caucasians living in DR, then OK...??

But what constitutes "white"? How is the data gathered? I can't go by some arbitrary numbers.... My point is I know a plenty of Dominicans with very light skin....Even relatively.....

Old 03-20-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
As long as this guy Zimmerman is arrested, tried and convicted, I'll gladly move on.
Oh so if a jury comes back not guilty there is a problem. Interesting to read how easily some are willing to pervert the justice system when it suits them. Very interesting.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:36 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,926,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Why in the hell does it matter if this man should be labeled White or Latino? Another child has lost his life due to ignorance and gun violence. My goodness people
Do you think this is the first black boy that has been murdered all year??? How about all month????

You tell me why it's getting so much attention......

Come on...this is checkers not chess....wth

Old 03-20-2012, 12:37 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,131,401 times
If Trayvon Martin was a White kid named Joe Smith nobody would be in an uproar, it would just be chalked up to "kid robbed and shot" and thrown into the cold case filing cabinet never to be thought about again. It wouldent even make the news outside of the local area.

The FBI and USDOJ wouldent even give two ****s. This is only being looked into because the victim is Black and the shooter was White.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I know that many Latinos, even those of African ancestry, do not want to identify with African Americans - some in my family who will say they are black still distinguish themselves from American blacks. But there are many Latinos who self-identify as Black Latinos. And you're not going to find many Dominicans who identify as white, because there are so few actual white Dominicans. I do know Cubans who expressly identify as white.
Not too many foreign Black people in America want to be associated with American Blacks if given the choice. I've heard similar sentiments expressed by Haitians, Jamaicans and definitely Dominicans.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:42 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,485,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
If Trayvon Martin was a White kid named Joe Smith nobody would be in an uproar, it would just be chalked up to "kid robbed and shot" and thrown into the cold case filing cabinet never to be thought about again. It wouldent even make the news outside of the local area.

The FBI and USDOJ wouldent even give two ****s. This is only being looked into because the victim is Black and the shooter was White.
Exactly the type of thing that our now racist DOJ loves taking on!

Old 03-20-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Do you think this is the first black boy that has been murdered all year??? How about all month????

You tell me why it's getting so much attention......

Come on...this is checkers not chess....wth
Heck how about this past hour?

Old 03-20-2012, 01:00 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,725,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Ditto for Blacks. Is the land littered with Trayvons? Oh they did investigate they declined to charge.
Study your history, Ed.
Quote:

Do you people realize the police are not the final arbiters of determining whether it is correct to charge someone? I mean a couple episodes of Law & Order should tell you that much at least.
Sure. I get all of my information from television dramas.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:01 PM

53,006 posts, read 34,824,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Did you not read your own stats. The first set that you have listed are the VICTIMS of child abuse by race, not the child abuser by race (which I have already posted)
where does it say those stats are for victim, not abuser?

Quote:
Denial runs so very deep.
it certainly does. it's mind-boggling that you don't drown in it.

once again, blacks are overrepresented. poppy loses again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies