Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 01:48 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,145,815 times

Advertisements

A google search yields many, many instances of Absentee Ballot Fraud on both sides of the political spectrum. I think, as wise citizens, we should DEMAND that it be made more difficult to obtain and file an absentee ballot. These ballots should be more difficult to obtain, and with the filing proof should be provided that the registered citizen voter to whom the ballot was assigned was actually the person who filled it out and sent it in.

Absentee voter fraud is an abomination and 1 instance, is 1 instance too many. Any effort to eliminate voter fraud MUST include absentee ballots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 04:23 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,288,628 times
The dead and acorn have been voting and it is a problem.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:11 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,143,565 times
Quote:
Absentee voter fraud is an abomination and 1 instance, is 1 instance too many. Any effort to eliminate voter fraud MUST include absentee ballots.
I concur.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:13 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,333,129 times
But the libs tell us that voter fraud is a non-issue and it never happens!

Old 03-20-2012, 05:43 PM

823 posts, read 2,216,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
A google search yields many, many instances of Absentee Ballot Fraud on both sides of the political spectrum. I think, as wise citizens, we should DEMAND that it be made more difficult to obtain and file an absentee ballot. These ballots should be more difficult to obtain, and with the filing proof should be provided that the registered citizen voter to whom the ballot was assigned was actually the person who filled it out and sent it in.

Have you ever voted absentee? You sign the ballot and then the board of elections compares the signature with what you submitted when you registered. Just like voting in person.

If anything we need to make voting easier. The only thing placing more obstacles to voting does is to discourage people from voting which is not something we should be in the business of doing.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:06 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,500,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post

The GOP in some parts of the country have led efforts to perpetrate absentee voter fraud, from what I understand.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Programmable electronic voting machines and absentee ballots... The establishments edge.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,938,718 times
I think voter fraud is real, however, I think election fraud is by far a greater issue. I think I have enough to show this in my GS election thread. Both involve corruption and there seems to be also plenty of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies