Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 06:51 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,022,474 times

Advertisements

Paul Ryan's budget: What real leaders do, Part 2 - chicagotribune.com

No, they don't like everything in it, but taking this type of political risk to attempt to address very real problems facing our country is indeed leadership, unlike what we've seen from the other side. Nice to see this in Obama's home town paper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 06:57 AM

603 posts, read 967,378 times
Well, if you want to kill medicare and slash all safty nets, while bolstering crony capitalism, I can't think of
a better budget to do just that. Of course, it's all useless posturing as he isn't compromising at all and knows
it has zero chance of passing, so ...more wasted tax dollars that I thought the Republicans were against.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceInTheCrowd View Post
Well, if you want to kill medicare and slash all safty nets, while bolstering crony capitalism, I can't think of
a better budget to do just that. Of course, it's all useless posturing as he isn't compromising at all and knows
it has zero chance of passing, so ...more wasted tax dollars that I thought the Republicans were against.
I'm no expert on the political process, but as I understand it, leaders make proposals. The proposals are then debated and eventually voted upon.

The Senate Democrats have not adopted a budget in over 1000 days. They last voted not to vote on Obama's budget proposal.

In other words, they wont even engage in the process on a budget. They didn't pass a budget when they controlled both houses.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:02 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceInTheCrowd View Post
Well, please tell what the dems have brought forward? Last time I checked, obamas plan was denied 97-0......

Old 03-22-2012, 07:02 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Paul Ryan's budget: What real leaders do, Part 2 - chicagotribune.com

No, they don't like everything in it, but taking this type of political risk to attempt to address very real problems facing our country is indeed leadership, unlike what we've seen from the other side. Nice to see this in Obama's home town paper.
Ryan is the scum of the earth and typical with what's wrong with today's GOP...the programs he cuts and saves equals the exact amount in tax breaks for the ones who need it least...read up before posting please.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Ryan is the scum of the earth and typical with what's wrong with today's GOP...the programs he cuts and saves equals the exact amount in tax breaks for the ones who need it least...read up before posting please.
Excuse me? Follow your own advice. Attack his proposal, not him personally. I know, not in the playbook.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, please tell what the dems have brought forward? Last time I checked, obamas plan was denied 97-0......
They voted 97-0 not to vote on it, as I recall. That's leadership.

Here is Axelrod squirming when asked about this on faux news:

Why Won’t the Democrats Adopt a Budget? | Power Line

I'm sure he was caught off guard because he's never been asked this rather important and basic question, until faux news.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:59 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,074,985 times
well it doesn't matter what his budget is, it will not pass in the senate much like obama's wouldn't pass in the house.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
well it doesn't matter what his budget is, it will not pass in the senate much like obama's wouldn't pass in the house.
Then maybe the Senate Democrats should make their own budget proposal? It's been over 1000 days.

And it was the democratically controlled Senate that voted 97-0 not to vote on Obama's budget.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:30 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
What does need have anything to do with giving some relief to those who pay the most....do people not understand we need to live within our means, and that taking money from one group to give to another is ridiculous....
Yes, lets cut more and make people who use services pay something for what they recieve....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies