Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:40 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,654,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
17 is not a child these days!
Especially when a 17-year-old has a rap sheet...

Trayvon Martin case: He was suspended three times and caught with 'burglary tool' | Mail Online

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
I just learned that Martin was 6' 3" and a football player. The way the media is portraying it he was a kid. I had the image in my mind that Zimmerman was bigger than him; the truth is quite the opposite.

Yahoo (yes, THAT Yahoo) actually has a good article about it. Trayvon Martin shooting: New details emerge from Twitter account, witness testimony | The Cutline - Yahoo! News
...and tomorrow you will hearing that Trayvon Martin was Mike Tyson's clone.

He was 17, he was unarmed, he had no drugs or alcohol in his system, he was visiting with his dad, he had no record of violence, he was being stalked by a guy with an unmarked vehicle not wearing a uniform or carrying a badge and carrying a deadly weapon with a prior record of violence.

What difference does it make what this 17 year old looked like? His killer did not bother to do anything to actually protect anybody. Zimmerman is a danger to society and if nothing else, this tragedy will keep the spotlight on him so that he is never able to "protect" anybody again.

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I was just reading the latest bombshell of info on this case on Drudge. You can actually hear this case deflating.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:41 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
These racists always trot out some black "friend".
Yeah, that MUST be it.

I guess when the FACTS don't align with the Left's belief, using the race card is the only recourse.

New details deepen Trayvon Martin controversy - CBS News

Quote:
Revelations surfaced that the teen's high school had suspended him three times for offenses including vandalism, truancy and tardiness, and, at the time of his death, he was in the midst a two-week suspension for a baggie containing marijuana residue found in his book bag.

Sanford police have confirmed that investigators believe Martin decked Zimmerman with a single punch and bashed his head against the sidewalk. Zimmerman then fired his nine millimeter.
The family is very upset the media attention has turned toward the kid's record. I guess pointing out that he was NOT the innocent, exemplary kid they claim messes up the media meme.

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are taking Zimmermans statement to the police as the truth. His statement is not an ABSOLUTE.

Do you agree with that?
His statements might not be absolute, but the defense doesn't need to be. The prosecution has to PROVE what he says is not the truth. Comprende? Let the law work it out.

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Ignoring the witnesses? Ever heard of corroboration?
What corroboration?

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I see you're another one who ignores facts. What does the police report say? Doesn't it say that Zimmerman started walking back to his car after he was told to stand down and THEN was attacked from behind? You don't believe this like the rest of the hip-shooters out there? Show some evidence that proves that false.
No--it looks like the police are the ones who ignored the facts, and that's why the investigation has been turned over to the state's attorney's office. The police report is based on what Zimmerman said, and he's the one being investigated.

What Everyone Should Know About Trayvon Martin (1995-2012) | ThinkProgress

32,113 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
I just learned that Martin was 6' 3" and a football player. The way the media is portraying it he was a kid. I had the image in my mind that Zimmerman was bigger than him; the truth is quite the opposite.

Yahoo (yes, THAT Yahoo) actually has a good article about it. Trayvon Martin shooting: New details emerge from Twitter account, witness testimony | The Cutline - Yahoo! News
The link you posted confirms that Zimmerman was 5'9, 200 pounds. Martin was 6'2, 140 pounds.

Anything else you'd like to obfuscate?

Old 03-27-2012, 08:42 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:

6'2 140lbs. Is that the hulking football player you pictured in your mind? He was tall and very thin. Zimmermern had 60 lbs on the kid.

That article is a opinion blog from Yahoo, not an article written by Yahoo News.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:44 AM

1,197 posts, read 2,279,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
He has every right to determine what looks suspicious. That is why the local PD's help start & train neighborhood watches. They even tell them what "Suspicious" is like (things they do or aren't doing, etc.). We have all jumped the gun on this just like we did on the LaCrosse team incident a few years back. We all need to step back and let more info pour in. The media has everyone thinking that Trayvon was a 12/13 year old boy (due to the pictures they have been showing on the initial break of the story). CNN is now reporting a little more precisely. Trayvon wasn't a child - he was 6 foot 3 as opposed to Zimmerman's 5 foot 7. Zimmerman may be guilty - but we've been suckered by the media to make a hasty judgement when wisdom says to slow down.
He is not a member of a neighborhood watch group. And I'm sure those that are trained are trained NOT TO FOLLOW anyone that looks suspicious. Zimmerman outweighed Martin by like 80 pounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies