Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 03:10 PM

812 posts, read 595,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
This has to be the silliest post I've ever read.
Good investigative reporting Sanrene. I nominate you for a Pulitzer.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:21 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Default Why Manipulate The Trayvon Shooting?

A better question would be, Why politicize it?

Old 03-27-2012, 03:24 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Good investigative reporting Sanrene. I nominate you for a Pulitzer.
You guys can marginilize this as much as you want. Does Zimmerman's political affiliation have anything to do with this incident? Hell no. But if he were a registered republican there are several posters on this board who would have been on it like stink on s#%t, and you know it.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:24 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yeah what she said. That's a pretty bad pic as far lighting and clarity. I can't tell and we know pics can be altered. I need a link to a facebook page or something reputable.
This picture is not of Trayvon.

Spoiler

Quote:
Over the weekend, a picture began circulating that claimed to show Martin in a less-than-flattering light: shirtless, sagging pants, and giving the finger to the camera.

The image quickly circulated across blogs and websites, with many claiming it as evidence that Martin was not as innocent as family and supporters claimed, as well as alleging media bias.

There is one problem to that claim: the picture is not Trayvon Martin.
10 News WTSP - ''Fake'' Trayvon Martin picture circulates on the web; image actually shows a different person

Old 03-27-2012, 03:27 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
You guys can marginilize this as much as you want. Does Zimmerman's political affiliation have anything to do with this incident? Hell no. But if he were a registered republican there are several posters on this board who would have been on it like stink on s#%t, and you know it.

What the hell does party affiliation have to do with the death of a child. Do you honestly believe these parents care?

Old 03-27-2012, 03:33 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Point is, he had a criminal history, while the victim did not.
You mean the tagging at High School, drug pipe and residue in the bag, the burglary tool, jewelry in his possession that wasn't his and 3 instances of suspension were not indicative of a criminal history or was all that an indication he going for class valedictorian?

Old 03-27-2012, 03:33 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
What the hell does party affiliation have to do with the death of a child. Do you honestly believe these parents care?
Holy crap, did you even read the post you responded to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post

Old 03-27-2012, 03:38 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Yeah.... errrr....wait.... if Zimmerman were a card carrying Tea party republican, you seriously don't think the democrats would not be making a huge deal out of this? He'd be called the Tea Party killer in the liberal rags and blogs, and Rachel Maddow would be having a cow on TV tonight

Old 03-27-2012, 03:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
No, I do agree that the Orlando Sentinel has had some pretty despicable coverage of the events. For example, they will write something like, "Martin was serving out a 10-day suspension at his father's fiancee's house in Orlando." I didn't know that kids "served out" suspensions these days. They're referring to a kid as if he's doing a bid in Attica or Riker's Island.
Thanks. You quoted me before I edited my post. I deleted the sentence that Trayvor Martin was clean & sober on Feb 26, because I can't remember where I read it. I'm not saying this has anything to do with the shooting, but I want to be fair and I don't know if that's from an official ME report.

Also, I didn't pick up on "serving out a 10-day suspension" which really does sound as if he was arrested and wearing an ankle bracelet. Good catch.

Lindsey Lohan and Winona Ryder must be feeling really lucky right now. Remember when Jasmine Bleeth was arrested for driving while under the influence with a bag of cocaine in her car? Think she got 100 days of "community service." People really love Charlie Sheen too because he pays prostitutes and uses drugs. I wonder how many people who are posting about the possibility that Trayvon tried pot or got into trouble in school like Two and a Half Men? Funny how that goes, isn't it?

Old 03-27-2012, 03:41 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Well, you were responding to a post stating that Zimmerman had a police record and Martin did not.

When you then respond that Martin had a record, that would mean you are referring to a police record unless you state otherwise.
OK school record of disciplinary action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies