Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:03 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Sorry. I'll go back and read the reports. It's never been my intention to mislead people or make false accusations.
You could be right. There's been so many calls played here I only remember a few.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:03 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
The difference is Flukes is alive, but a 17 year old kid is dead.

Not a minor distinction.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:05 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Read more: Trayvon Martin's Killer Claims Teen Punched Him, Slammed His Head Into Ground | Fox News

I was wrong, according to the report, Martin approached Zimmerman from behind, he didn't attack him from behind. My mistake, I have tried to be accurate on what I've quoted. Note to self, don't trust memory.
'The Sentinel said Monday that authorities had provided the paper with Zimmerman's account of events, in which he said he called police after spotting Martin, then lost sight of him and was returning to his SUV when the teen allegedly approached him from the left rear and they exchanged words.
Zimmerman said Martin punched him in the nose, then as he fell to the ground, got on top of him and slammed his head into the sidewalk, causing Zimmerman to yell for help.'

That makes more sense if Trayvon kinda hid from Zimmerman and when Zimmerman passed Tayvon confronted him and words were exchanged.

To bad there are no witnesses to this portion of the event. As such no arrest was necessary.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:06 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
The op is just like all the conservatives that have basicailly said its ok to kill blacks if they refuse to tell you why you are out walking. If this doesnt wake up black America to the threat our children and us face from the hate filled angry gun toting rw/tea party nothing will.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:07 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
The hospital was too far away. There was no medical team at the crime scene.
Police say Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a fat lip and confirm that the back of his head was cut. He received first aid at the scene but refused to go to the hospital and received medical treatment the following day, according to the Sentinel's sources.

Zimmerman told police he he'd lost sight of Martin and was heading back to his car when the youth suddenly stepped into his path. According to the Sentinel, Martin asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cellphone. Martin then said something like, "Well, you do now" and punched him, according to the Sentinel's sources.
Trayvon Martin case: Police release new details that help George Zimmerman's claim that he fired in self defense. - latimes.com

Old 03-26-2012, 04:09 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Since when doesn't the media put an extreme spin on the facts?
The Duke Lacross team comes to mind.
In this case a boy was killed. We don't know the facts but the usual idiots are out beating the bushes and fanning the flames. What I always wonder is when Sharpton and company are proven to be full of it why are they never held accountable????

Old 03-26-2012, 04:10 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
OP, If he were innocent, he would have gone straight to police hq voluntarily, that night, insisting on a full investigation. He chose to HIDE behind his lawyer.
I think he had to go to the hospital first. The kid assualted him, just like he did a school bus driver a few days before.
The first thing anybody should do is get a lawyer, especially with the lynch mob out and about.
You know, because the kid was black.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:11 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
No witnesses, in hiding for a month, how convenient.

Bring on the Grand Jury. Let them decide the next step.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:12 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
You could be right. There's been so many calls played here I only remember a few.
I wish I knew how to copy & paste the actual report. He called 911 to report a skinny Black kid, approximately 7-9 years old walking alone toward a school on an unpatrolled street. So I guess he was concerned for his well being. I admit when I'm wrong.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:12 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Except the part where Zimmerman calls Martin a "coon" on the 911 call...
Lynch mob is grasping at straws now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies