Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 08:31 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Why does everything have to boil down to liberal or conservative, black or white? What about if I am neither and just give a s**t about human beings not having to go through what I went through, which is worse today because of social networking creating a new "outlet" and the violence at schools escalating to knives and guns rather than just good old fashioned fisticuffs.

So many good intentions of those who actually care get filibustered by this partisan nonsense.
It's not nonsense it's reality. You think every kid should go and have an adult deal with all their problems just like the liberls think the government will deal with all their problems. In reality YOU deal with your OWN problems. It really is that simple. Or maybe liberals just never grew up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 08:40 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
No I don't but I do think it requires people stepping out of their box and doing the right thing.

Only people that take a stand will make a change.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:20 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It's not nonsense it's reality. You think every kid should go and have an adult deal with all their problems just like the liberls think the government will deal with all their problems. In reality YOU deal with your OWN problems. It really is that simple. Or maybe liberals just never grew up.
Hey, let's just send kids off to an island to raise themselves. If they aren't strong enough to make it through those years, oh well. They just would have ended up on welfare anyway, sucking the taxpayers dry of their hard earned money. Better that the herd thin itself out early, right? Right!

Quote:
Only if you allow it. How hard of a concept is it to grasp? Turn the gdam thing off.
Oh yes, simple as that. Just turn off the internets both for the bullied child and everyone at school that he comes into contact with. Done!!! Lives saved!!!!!

Old 04-03-2012, 03:31 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
And what exactly is the anti-bullying policy in schools?

Like what is something that one could get away with years ago that they cant now?

Does name calling count? or does only physical bullying count?

Whats the punishment for bullying noww?
Here are some links, including one to a warning letter sent by the Fed. Dept. of Education to all public schools across the country over a year ago, that describe the ridiculous over reaching impossible policy that serves to scare the heck out of and silence all kids and school staff and would undoubtedly deter any reasonable, sane teacher from entering or staying in the field and cause most sane parents, who have the means to seek out private or home schooling. Read 'em and weep.

"Harassing conduct may take many forms, including verbal acts and name‐calling; graphic and written statements, which may include use of cell phones or the Internet; or other conduct that may be physically threatening, harmful, or humiliating. Harassment does not have to include intent to harm, be directed at a specific target, or involve repeated incidents."

http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/lis...gue-201010.pdf

U.S. Dept. of Education Sends Anti-Bully Warning to Schools - Rochester, News, Weather, Sports, and Events - 13WHAM.com

Government warns schools that bullying can violate civil rights laws - CNN

Old 04-03-2012, 04:59 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Default Do you feel this anti-bullying policy is necessary?

Bullying builds character, if children do not learn how to handle a bully they wont be able to handle life as a adult, you can't shelter children from what life throws at them, they need to learn how to cope with it or they will grow up unable to cope with a boss or co-workers who may be a little aggressive.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Hey, let's just send kids off to an island to raise themselves. If they aren't strong enough to make it through those years, oh well. They just would have ended up on welfare anyway, sucking the taxpayers dry of their hard earned money. Better that the herd thin itself out early, right? Right!

Oh yes, simple as that. Just turn off the internets both for the bullied child and everyone at school that he comes into contact with. Done!!! Lives saved!!!!!

Like I said folks talk behind each others backs all the time. Are you gonna make that illegal?? LOL. Grow some gdam skin and stop crying about it. Let em learn for themselves instead of crying to mommy and daddy or the teacher that little johnny is being mean to me on the internet. Waaaaaaaaaaaa. Gimme a friggen break.

Now you want to send kids off to islands. What is wrong with you??? I hope you don't have children.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:49 PM

Arizona is trying to make this nonsense into a law............

PHOENIX - You may not have heard about House Bill 2549.
It quietly made its way through the state legislature and would make it a crime to terrify, intimidate or annoy someone while using an electronic device.

Don't annoy anybody or the gestapo will come calling led by the anti bullying lunatics.

Proposed Arizona bill aims to prevent online bullying, critics call it censorship

Old 04-03-2012, 07:50 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
I was severely bullied in school but it did not affect me negatively. One thing I learned early in life is that some people will like you, some people will dislike you and there is nothing you can do about that. However, how you deal with it IS under your control.

I have much thicker skin now and the funny thing is that the same folks who made fun of me have tried to "friend" me on social networkig sites. I look at them and think "losers!" lol

There will always be mean kids just as there will always be mean people. You cannot control them all the time. It's just not going to happen.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:03 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Like I said folks talk behind each others backs all the time. Are you gonna make that illegal?? LOL. Grow some gdam skin and stop crying about it. Let em learn for themselves instead of crying to mommy and daddy or the teacher that little johnny is being mean to me on the internet. Waaaaaaaaaaaa. Gimme a friggen break.
You do realize right that sometimes much of this online bullying is done anonymously? Kids set up fake websites, facebook pages, and personas just to torment the object of their animosity. You are projecting the traditional face-to-face bulling that was once the dominant way to bully. That isn't the case nowadays. Please educate yourself.

Quote:
Now you want to send kids off to islands. What is wrong with you??? I hope you don't have children.
You don't understand the concept of following a subtly illogical line of reasoning to the utmost degree of illogicalness in order to illustrate the absurdity of the original premise, do you? Well one would think that you would at least get the common invocation of The Lord of the Flies, but I guess not.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 PM

"You do realize right that sometimes much of this online bullying is done anonymously? Kids set up fake websites, facebook pages, and personas just to torment the object of their animosity. You are projecting the traditional face-to-face bulling that was once the dominant way to bully. That isn't the case nowadays. Please educate yourself."

Turn the gdam puter off!!!!!!!! What is wrong with you?? Why can't you understand that? Can you not survive if you aren't texting or tweeting or facebooking? Let em do it anonymously. If you don't know they are doing who who gives a sheet???

Lord of the Flies doesn't apply to turning off ones computer so now I don't get how shipping your children off to an island has anything to do with it. Is there wireless on this island? LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies