Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 03:22 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times

Advertisements

It's not a gaydar. It's your natural instincts telling you this person isn't the one or even part of the conglomerate that could be the one.

It's akin to seeing a frail anemic mate and being turned off by the fact they're more than likely going to fall over at any minute. It's the same as seeing someone with leprosy and saying I'll pass, they're not going to further our species.

The real question should be do some people have a lack of instinct that will further the species.

That answer would be a resounding yes.

You can come to your own conclusions about whether or not that affliction is a genetic flaw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm not quite getting the "And?" part.
I think that poster is saying and because do gays even matter in our society? Does it really make a difference if they remove themselves from the gene pool?

I say it does make a difference and natural selection would cheer them right off the cliff (no wheelchairs or nudges needed).

Old 04-03-2012, 03:33 PM

13,630 posts, read 10,036,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It's not a gaydar. It's your natural instincts telling you this person isn't the one or even part of the conglomerate that could be the one.

It's akin to seeing a frail anemic mate and being turned off by the fact they're more than likely going to fall over at any minute. It's the same as seeing someone with leprosy and saying I'll pass, they're not going to further our species.

The real question should be do some people have a lack of instinct that will further the species.

That answer would be a resounding yes.

You can come to your own conclusions about whether or not that affliction is a genetic flaw.
Thank you, yes, that could definitely be it.

You're bringing clarity to this.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:34 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
I’m told that this is controversial, so here it is.

I don't come here often, so please be nice.

Maybe we all have it, but don’t acknowledge it!

Is it something that gay or straight people can have, or are you of the opinion, that only gay people have it?

So, do you have it?

Are you straight, or are you gay?
Even a man who acts effeminate can be 100% straight.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:38 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,354,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I think that poster is saying and because do gays even matter in our society? Does it really make a difference if they remove themselves from the gene pool?

I say it does make a difference and natural selection would cheer them right off the cliff (no wheelchairs or nudges needed).
Who cares whether or not homosexuality is a gene? Evidently it's something some people want (I've never had any interest in it...from puberty when I was rejected by women, to college when I was rejected by women, till now when I am still regularly rejected by women). It's not increasing the human population of our already overpopulated earth. I say it's at minimum not a bad thing.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:40 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,889 times
I'm straight and yes, I believe I have pretty accurate gaydar when it comes to men. With women, not at all.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Who cares whether or not homosexuality is a gene? Evidently it's something some people want (I've never had any interest in it...from puberty when I was rejected by women, to college when I was rejected by women, till now when I am still regularly rejected by women). It's not increasing the human population of our already overpopulated earth. I say it's at minimum not a bad thing.
I'm all for stupid people jumping off a cliff if that's what they want for themselves.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:52 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
Quote:
I’m told that this is controversial, so here it is.

I don't come here often, so please be nice.

Maybe we all have it, but don’t acknowledge it!

Is it something that gay or straight people can have, or are you of the opinion, that only gay people have it?

So, do you have it?

Are you straight, or are you gay?
I've never known a straight person that had it, but doesn't prove a thing, does it? I've known someone that had it but not strongly, and yet I was convinced that he was straigth. Oh heck, he was a fox so I actually wanted to think he was straight, and he was closeted so I was so shocked when I found out he was indeed gay.

I believe the majority of folks that have gaydar are indeed gay. Seems it shows on gay guys more than on gay women. We make a big mistake if we think we can tell gay women simply by their styles of clothing and hair. I've thought so about a couple of gals, before and then hearing them talk it was clear that they were cougars, and nope....not what I had guessed.

One of the other foxiest gay guys I ever befriended had only one tad of gaydar and it was this thing he'd do with his hands. He was macho to the core in every other way. He is THE only friend that could get me to do sorta daredevil stuff in the seventies because if HE said I would be kept safe, I knew I would be, and was. I hardly noticed the hand thing but my sis did, and told me she knew he was gay.

Why is this subject controversial? It's news to me. Seems it's one of the few things about gays that wouldn't be.

LOL I always thought gaydar was a gay person having the obvious appearance OF being gay! LOL never mind....still dunno why it's controversial.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:59 PM

13,630 posts, read 10,036,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
I've never known a straight person that had it, but doesn't prove a thing, does it? I've known someone that had it but not strongly, and yet I was convinced that he was straigth. Oh heck, he was a fox so I actually wanted to think he was straight, and he was closeted so I was so shocked when I found out he was indeed gay.

I believe the majority of folks that have gaydar are indeed gay. Seems it shows on gay guys more than on gay women. We make a big mistake if we think we can tell gay women simply by their styles of clothing and hair. I've thought so about a couple of gals, before and then hearing them talk it was clear that they were cougars, and nope....not what I had guessed.

One of the other foxiest gay guys I ever befriended had only one tad of gaydar and it was this thing he'd do with his hands. He was macho to the core in every other way. He is THE only friend that could get me to do sorta daredevil stuff in the seventies because if HE said I would be kept safe, I knew I would be, and was. I hardly noticed the hand thing but my sis did, and told me she knew he was gay.

Why is this subject controversial? It's news to me. Seems it's one of the few things about gays that wouldn't be.

LOL I always thought gaydar was a gay person having the obvious appearance OF being gay! LOL never mind....still dunno why it's controversial.
You've got me going now, what's the hand thing.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:00 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I had to look up "gaydar"......didn't know what it was.

I have to say "yes", conditionally. I can spot some people who are gay. Have no idea how many I don't spot.

I'm straight.
I can spot just about all of them, even the ones who are not blatantly feminine (or Butch for the ladies). I can't explain it, they just look a little odd to me -you might even say a little que*r (pardon the pun). This is one of the biggest reasons why I believe that homosexuals are born that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies