Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 08:54 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
See Hammertime33's response. Marriage was being redefined by letting blacks marry whites, because before that marriage was defined as not marrying interracially. They changed the definition so blacks could marry whites.

Now, we're changing the definition of marriage again, and this is a good thing. It's called progress, the same reason why women can vote now.
And it has been changed many times before. The definition of marriage used to involve the legal subordination of the wife to the man. Her property? She didn't have any; he did, legally. Rape? No, he could just force himself upon her, even her will, because legally it wasn't rape, it was his marital right. Children? They were his. Divorce? Too bad, she's out of luck, he gets the kids, end of discussion.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:38 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
The topic on gay unions is hot. Being a controversial issue, many compare gay "marriage" to interracial marriage. Why is that?
It’s a failed attempt to gain the same sympathy and support from the public that people of color receive except the glaring discrepancy is that race is not a sexual preference.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Huh? Allowing interracial couples to marry certainly did redefine marriage - it redefined it to allow interracial marriage, something it previously did not include.
Yet still maintains the essential and only component for marriage being comprised of one man and one woman.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:43 PM

210 posts, read 251,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
To gain sympathy and support.
Amen. Gays are always comparing there struggles to Blacks struggles in an attempt to gain sympathy, support, and demonize anyone that opposes there views.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:49 PM

The real difference between the two is one is natural and one is not. Call me whatever, but that's just one of life's harsh realities. Taking it up the pooper is not natural, the pooper is made for exit only, it's designed to rid your body of waste, nothing more and nothing less. That's why gays are more likely to have STDs, that's why Aids started in the gay community, that's why most gay men have to have surgeries to repair there poopers if they are sexually active for an extended period of time, and that's why two men or two women can't have children together.

I'm not saying it's morally wrong, I have no right to judge and I have no problem with gay people. I'm just stating the obvious that gay sex is not natural and not how our bodies were made to engage in intercourse. Im just stating some of lifes harsh realities, there are cold hard facts here. Regardless of race the female body is made for man, if it wasn't females and males of different races couldn't have children together. With gay sex not being natural than it should be just obvious that gay marriage isn't either. When two men have the ability to create a child together WITHOUT the help of science, when babies come out the pooper and when hell freezes over gay marriage and sex will be comparable to interracial marriage. I'm not against gay marriage, but I don't support it, I'm pretty apathetic on the subject. I'm just taking both sides a trip down reality lane.

Last edited by Razorblade; 04-03-2012 at 10:59 PM..

Old 04-03-2012, 10:52 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
Amen. Gays are always comparing there struggles to Blacks struggles in an attempt to gain sympathy, support, and demonize anyone that opposes there views.
That's exactly what I said last year.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:59 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
The topic on gay unions is hot. Being a controversial issue, many compare gay "marriage" to interracial marriage. Why is that?

I've never heard that before.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:01 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Because the legal arguments are nearly identical.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
That's exactly what I said last year.
Congratulations. We both have the ability to see thru BS. I wish more people did.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:04 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
The real difference between the two is one is natural and one is not. Call me whatever, but that's just one of life's harsh realities. Taking it up the pooper is not natural, the pooper is made for exit only, it's designed to rid your body of waste, nothing more and nothing less. That's why gays are more likely to have STDs, that's why Aids started in the gay community, that's why most gay men have to have surgeries to repair there poopers if they are sexually active for an extended period of time, and that's why two men or two women can't have children together.

I'm not saying it's morally wrong, I have no right to judge and I have no problem with gay people. I'm just stating the obvious that gay sex is not natural and not how our bodies were made to engage in intercourse. Im just stating some of lifes harsh realities, there are cold hard facts here. Regardless of race the female body is made for man, if it wasn't females and males of different races couldn't have children together. With gay sex not being natural than it should be just obvious that gay marriage isn't either. When two men have the ability to create a child together WITHOUT the help of science, when babies come out the pooper and when hell freezes over gay marriage and sex will be comparable to interracial marriage. I'm not against gay marriage, but I don't support it, I'm pretty apathetic on the subject. I'm just taking both sides a trip down reality lane.
Another person who only associates gay marriage with anal sex.

Thou doth protest too much. It's obvious you spend a lot of time thinking about gay sex, more so than gays. That obviously says something about you.

And if homosexuality is not natural, why does every animal species on Earth engage in it, and why has it been shown to increase the survival of the species? Sounds pretty dang natural to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies