Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 11:13 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

Just so you know, I'm buying all my Diet Coke at Walmarts from now on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 11:19 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,955,418 times
This will backfire, since most poor people drink Coke or Pepsi and shop at Wal-Mart. The Dems are soooooooo out of touch with their voting sheeples!!

Old 04-07-2012, 11:20 AM

[quote=Interlude;23712896]The poor can't be bothered to vote as it is, you think they're going to take a day off from McDonald's to get a voting ID card? Even harder if they don't own a car, especially since the right keeps trying to destroy mass transit. Many also don't trust banks, so no, they won't just go open a bank account and set up direct deposit. Those 'government checks', to the extent that such a thing exists (food assistance comes on a debit card now), are getting cashed at check cashing places.

Any of that crap my problem?

Only adults are allowed to vote.

If you can't act like an adult, you don't need to vote.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:25 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,876,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Just so you know, I'm buying all my Diet Coke at Walmarts from now on.
I am sure you and your 5 friends will save ALEC. Maybe you could fund them?

Old 04-07-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Most don't know what poverty is really like, at least those who have experienced poverty and have to go back that way again in 20 yrs or so, because of illness, a death, job loss etc, they can handle it alot better than those who never experienced it, some of those who were once better off or bought a home they could not afford, they seen it coming and some turned to drugs to make them feel better, then they are hooked.

I've seen it, in the best of people.

Some think they are never going to be in that position to apply for welfare, think again.

OK, so now I'm hopelessly poor. I have no vehicle and I live in a box under an overpass. Since I have no marketable job skills, my entire income comes from bottles and cans I return for deposit and bits of metal and wire I find and sell for cash. On any given week I earn $80-100, most of which is spent on food and liqour.

Bus fare is $1.40.

What would prevent me from riding the bus to the DMV and registering to vote?

Old 04-07-2012, 03:35 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,094,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This will backfire, since most poor people drink Coke or Pepsi and shop at Wal-Mart. The Dems are soooooooo out of touch with their voting sheeples!!
It already worked:

Coke withdraws from group that backs Stand Your Ground law | Reuters

Old 04-07-2012, 04:35 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,955,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Yeah to bad Dem's don't think this way..........Coke withdraws from group that backs Stand Your Ground law | Reuters

Bruce Freed, president of the Center for Political Accountability in Washington, said he was not surprised that Pepsi and Coke were ahead of the pack in distancing themselves from ALEC, because they could be more vulnerable to a consumer boycott than other companies.
"Companies recognize that political spending poses a risk," said Freed, whose group is also pressing companies to rein in their spending.
ALEC, which describes its mission as to advance the principles of free markets, limited government, federalism, and individual liberty, said it would welcome back Coke if it ever had a change of heart.

To bad Dem's count on trying to get illegals and poor people to vote. As poor people usually don't know who to vote for, unless, their told who to vote for or they don't vote at all!!

Old 04-07-2012, 08:05 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,576,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
what do we expect from democrats, they do what they have always been doing. paying useful idiots to go out and vote!! these useful idiots don't care about anything unless it about getting them some Obama MONEY!

Old 04-07-2012, 09:17 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,633,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Voter fraud is not a big issue in this country and hasn't been for many decades. The movement is about disenfranchising the poor, who vote Democrat (when they bother to vote). As usual though, the conservative base has been duped into supporting something that's only good for the rich.
BS!

In the 2008 election, how many dead people rose from their graves to vote?

if it was even ONE it was ONE too many.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:51 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,450,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
BS!

In the 2008 election, how many dead people rose from their graves to vote?

if it was even ONE it was ONE too many.
Is it worth making a bunch of people ineligible to vote in order to keep a few dead people from voting? It's just simple bookkeeping until they demand something that YOU don't have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies