Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 12:20 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,333,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Many of us have been prepared to deliver justice to these idiots for a long time, let's hope they just burn their own neighborhoods down like they normally do.

I guess that you have waiting to get your hood and sheets out of mothballs for awhile now, I guess that you will have your chance

Old 04-09-2012, 12:20 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,080,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
...And the white supremist are going to be attacking blacks under the premise that they are protecting other whites. I wonder how many people aare going to claim stand your ground as a reason to kill people.
Hopefully the KKK and the New Black Panthers will get into a shoot out and eliminate each other.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,373,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
...And the white supremist are going to be attacking blacks under the premise that they are protecting other whites. I wonder how many people aare going to claim stand your ground as a reason to kill people.
Like I said, let the racists from both sides take each other out.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,953,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
If it has been covered you clearly aren't listening.

The Dispatcher never told Zimmerman not to follow Trayvon, his exact words were "we don't need you to do that". Zimmerman then replied "ok" to the dispatcher.

If you guys actually listened to the 911 tape and paid attention to what is actually said you might learn something.

So a 911 dispatcher suddenly realizes the caller is following a person he (Zimmerman) calls suspicious, probably on drugs, up to no good, has something in his waist like a weapon, and says "we don't need you to do that" and we're all supposed to sit back and think..."Oh, so that really means, "go ahead, follow the man, get into a confrontation, and shoot him if you get into a fight?" You can't pick apart the words unless you agree that Zimmerman left out "I'm carrying a loaded 9mm" from the conversation. He didn't even mention a gun. You can't pick apart a sentence like "we don't need you to do that" which to most people in the world would mean "don't follow him" but then forget other details. He kept saying the man was frightening, and that he probably was going to do something criminal, but he failed to mention he began chasing him on foot with a gun. Maybe then we'd hear "Under no circumstances should you use your weapon. Go back to your car immediately!" For weeks I've been saying this was not murder, not unless we can positively prove that the voice calling for help was the victim's. I just think Zimmerman is a man with a lot of anger issues and got himself into a situation where he lost control. If he was such a macho guy, why didn't he take self defense courses? That makes me wonder how many of the people who walk around with concealed weapons ever bother to take non-lethal, self-defense classes like karate or carry pepper spray. As I've written numerous times, you and others fail to understand this man had previously made numerous calls to 911, so he knows the drill. Maybe in another call he was told "don't follow him, Sir." I hope you never attack a woman and she begs "Please stop" and your defense is "She didn't say, don't rape me. She just said please stop."

Well, I guess since Zimmerman is walking around a free man, he got the ball rolling. This was in the news today. I'm hiding.

Shooter claims self-defense in central Fla. case - Florida Wires - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/09/2738849/shooter-claims-self-defense-in.html - broken link)

Old 04-09-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Hippies View Post
... and then complain that businesses won't open in their neighborhood because they are racist. The businesses that do take a chance have to charge extra-high prices just to cover their theft losses and insurance premiums.
You and do realize that that they have an integrated community don't you? This being said, who's neighborhood do you think will get burned down

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-09-2012 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: language

Old 04-09-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yup I wonder how the good Reverends will respond, an escalation? Call for a new prosecutor?
I believe that they did what they were asked to do and that was to provide light on the situation, which they did. From this point on it is up to the legal system. If anything happens after that, especially if it does not go to trial it would be because of the people already there.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:27 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,373,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So a 911 dispatcher suddenly realizes the caller is following a person he (Zimmerman) calls suspicious, probably on drugs, up to no good, has something in his waist like a weapon, and says "we don't need you to do that" and we're all supposed to sit back and think..."Oh, so that really means, "go ahead, follow the man, get into a confrontation, and shoot him if you get into a fight?"
Like I've asked a million times, and have yet to receive an answer (hint:you don't have it), after the operator said "we don't need you to do that" and Zimmerman said "ok", do you have any definitive evidence whatsoever that Zimmerman did not head back towards his vehicle? I'll wait.....

Old 04-09-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Hippies View Post
That "gated community" was only 47% white.

The Sanford police chief is black.
Reading on your own is fundamental The original (and permanent) police chief is white!

Old 04-09-2012, 12:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,953,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Hopefully the KKK and the New Black Panthers will get into a shoot out and eliminate each other.
Unfortunately, there are many more KKK members. However, I agree!

Old 04-09-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
We're not even talking about trials merely charging an individual. This isn't a whodunit case. We know who did it the stories haven't changed much through out the case. It's just that different versions have been spawned in the media at different times. Zimmerman's account has been consistent with police reports as have witness statements. So what earth shattering news do you expect to come from this continuing "investigation"?

I think they know they don't have enough to sustain an arrest let alone a conviction and are scrambling to find the best way to put the proverbial lipstick on a pig.

Obviously you have never had to deal with the law, if they wanted to they could have easily found something to charge him with. I guess that you forgot that the homocide detective wanted to charge him with something before the DA intervened. I guess the original charge was lost in the shuffle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies