Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 06:53 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
If true, so what bro? Was he any match for ZIMMERMAN'S GUN?!?
Z's gun was concealed, TM did not know he had a gun, If he did, the out come might have been different and TM may have responded differently, like yes sir, no sir as it should have been.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:56 AM

17,428 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Theres a big difference between an arrest and a conviction anyway. The FACT is had he been a convicted of domestic violence or anything similar he would not have had a permit to carry. But regardless nothing in his past has much to do with that night.

I know this wasnt directed at me, but I feel I'm being objective. I have two boys and can certainly sympathize with Trayvons parents. But I'm also a home owner in a neighborhood where people get robbed. Personally I'v had vehicles broken into several times in my yard & things stolen from my porch. If I see a strange person, young or old, black or white, walking on my street at night in the rain and feel like watching him I will, if I feel like walking down the street to see whats up I will. The way I see it, the way any impartial rational person should see it, is I have as much right to be on the street as anyone else. My presence on a street after dark in the rain is NO justification for an assault on my person, if I engage that person in dialog its still no justification for an assault. You guys seem to think that because this Zimmerman decided to follow Trayvon he deserved to be attacked? You think that because he confronted him, which by the way is suggested by nothing we have seen on the episode yet, but you think that if he confronted him that was reason for attack? Yet being attacked was not justification for Zimmerman to defend himself? Seems absurd, its ok to jump somebody for being behind you at night on a public street, and its ok to attack somebody because they asked you a question, but its not ok to respond to a violent attack with violence.

What I took away from this & told my sons was dont put yourself in such a position if you can help it, if you find yourself in such a position act intelligently. If an adult asks you what your up to just say I'm coming home from the store, if you are afraid dial 911, if you really think somethings going on get out of there. This young man did none of these common sense things. When he first saw Zimmerman on the phone watching him he could have simply said "Can I help you" and difused the situation, instead he ran. He could have kept running & gotten away, instead he either laid in wait or came back. He could have called 911, but instead he attacked a concerened citizen.

Mistakes were made by both of them. But at the end of the day I cant feel Zimmerman was wrong for defending himself once attacked. At that point everything that went on before is pretty irrelevant. What matters is how the fight itself actually started. Since Zimmerman had a gun it doesnt make sense that he would have attacked Trayvon, if anything he would have held him at gun point and Trayvon would have probably complied. Had that went on I'd say Zimmerman was definately wrong. But the fact is Zimmerman was being beaten by Trayvon and defended himself. I feel very safe saying thats what went on simply because the police let him go.
Its been a very long time since people were not charged for killing a black person simply because they were white, which is what the entire premise of Zimmermans guilt despite being released from custody is based on, and he's not even white.
Thank you for taking the time to post this.

It's a great post.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:01 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I think the racial slur is 'f'ing coon.' Whether gz used that term is debateable, but those who absolutely Want this to be a hate crime/ race issue have no doubt that's what gz said.
Maybe I've not been paying enough attention but no media, no paper, no tape has even hinted at this slur. If that's what was said; MSNBC, NBC, CNN etc would have been all over it

Old 04-05-2012, 07:10 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Maybe I've not been paying enough attention but no media, no paper, no tape has even hinted at this slur. If that's what was said; MSNBC, NBC, CNN etc would have been all over it
I believe it was something he said under his breath while on with the 911 dispatcher, regardless, these are the same people who heard, "black hoe'' from a doll, when the doll actually said ''black hole'. They will say anything to get a hate conviction and hang a white guy, instead of waiting out the investigation for true justice to be served.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:28 AM

17,428 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
No, he is not on target and neither are you Zimmerman's panting pursuit of an innocent citizen and racial slur were caught on tape. Thank God for that.

Zimmerman's arrest is only a matter of time. The jury will hear his "f-ing coon" remark and a hate charge will also be applied to his murder conviction.

Zimmerman will go to prison for a very long time. Rightfully so.
Not so fast.

CNN joins the back-pedal bus.

They've enhanced the tape even more.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Old 04-05-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I believe it was something he said under his breath while on with the 911 dispatcher, regardless, these are the same people who heard, "black hoe'' from a doll, when the doll actually said ''black hole'. They will say anything to get a hate conviction and hang a white guy, instead of waiting out the investigation for true justice to be served.
Side note... we have a Dallas County councilman (Radical & Black) that threw a hissy fit a few years ago when someone mentioned "Throwing money down a Black Hole". Apparently the guy never watched the science channel about black holes in the universe.

Need a new term for Black Holes since it's now a Racial Slur.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:37 AM

169 posts, read 337,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Not so fast.

I thought it sounded like "f-ing cold" from the beginning. I'm glad everyone is finally dismissing this racial slur nonsense. It's easy to think you hear something if you WANT to hear it.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Not so fast.

It was pretty F'kn Cold out that night.

I'm sure Rev Al will say you can't trust this and it's a white guy who doctored the results.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:43 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
You know, there was a time in my life when I feared no man. Now I am older and I break easily. This 17 year old "child" could easily kill me without any weapon and I am not ready to die at the hands of a 17 year old "child". He was bigger than me and probably much stronger. His bones aren't brittle and he has reflexes that I no longer have. Whereas I don't know what happened, I can understand being fearful of a 17 year old. I honestly can not say that I would not have also shot him. I wouldn't have followed him, but at the same time, if confronted, I might well have taken the same action against him.
Why wouldn't you have followed him?

Old 04-05-2012, 08:00 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
You can only arrest someone if you have probable cause it's still America your innocent untill proven guilty.
Having been a Police Detective I see enough Probable Cause. This was politics a retired Magistrate with a wife who works for the County and their son the self appointed vigilante.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies