Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 01:03 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,333,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Where did he ignore the dispatcher?
When she told him NOT TO FOLLOW HIM! She said this right before he got out of the truck to follow Trayvon

Old 04-09-2012, 01:05 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,953,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think it might be more of a CYA issue. He took a lot of heat for Tawana Brawley and he may be thinking his reputation now as an establishment activist is more important to him than say 20 years ago. He may be thinking he needs more time for the whole story to play out especially since Zimmerman isn't the kind of guy the rush to judgment media initially painted him to be.
Oh, so you know George Zimmerman personally?

I never heard Al Sharpton calling Zimmerman a racist. Did you? Please post the video. Thank you. What I did hear is the call for justice for all Americans of every color. The media has turned this into an issue about race and I'm not sure it is. However, people in his community say he frequently sent out emails telling them to look for young Black males. One neighbor said he was afraid to take a walk because one description matched him so closely. Another neighbor, a Black teenager, said her friend was harassed by Zimmerman who accused her of stealing a bike. (he was mistaken) I never said he was a racist, but he certainly had that image embedded in his brain. "If you see a young, Black male walking around, he is probably up to no good."

A young Black teenager was shot to death while walking home. He had no gun, no knife and was committing no crime. The police did not arrest his killer. After a couple of weeks, the victim's parents contacted outside sources because they didn't trust the local police or the State Attorney's office. Then Civil Rights groups were contacted to help the family.

The way people are posting here, you're talking as if Sharpton is happy Trayvon Martin was shot so he has something to talk about, and I find that appalling.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:05 PM

381 posts, read 507,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Is it possible that this particular State Attorney intervened because the NRA has big bucks and he's running for election? He's usually not challenged and has been in office for over 20 years running the show. Now a Democrat is running against him. I'm not pointing any fingers, but you have your theories, and I have mine. But perhaps this has some bearing on why a sitting State's Attorney shows up at a crime scene with the Chief of Police late on a Sunday evening and overrules a homicide detective? Why didn't they just keep Zimmerman in jail until Monday morning? I don't know the exact timeline, but the shooting was between 7 and 7:30. Zimmerman was taken to the police station and questioned by police. Chris Serino filed an affidavit and requested an arrest and manslaughter charges. Wolfinger lives about 50 miles from Sanford. So he probably got to the scene close to midnight.
it is possible. everyone knows how corrupt FL police is. how powerful the NRA is questionable. they were not able to stop Obama from becoming president (i'm an NRA member but voted for Obama because he is black).

but is it possible that Trayvon was a thug and attacked zimmerman because he was disrespected?

Old 04-09-2012, 01:07 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,373,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I've written a lot of posts and, in many of them, I said Zimmerman knew he shouldn't have been following anyone he thought was suspicious. This was emphasized many times in previous calls and during the presentation by Wendy Dorival of the Sanford Police.

I said, ‘If it’s someone you don’t recognize, call us. We’ll figure it out,’ ” Dorival said. “‘Observe from a safe location.’ There’s even a slide about not being vigilante police. I don’t know how many more times I can repeat it.”

Even Frank Taaffe, who has been defending Zimmerman's actions admitted his friend "had fed-up issues. He was mad as hell and wasn’t going to take it anymore.”

Since I am only repeating myself, I did not post links since they're including in my previous comments.
You insinuated that HE CONTINUED TO FOLLOW TRAYVON AFTER THE DISPATCHER TOLD HIM "We don't need you to do that" :

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy
So a 911 dispatcher suddenly realizes the caller is following a person he (Zimmerman) calls suspicious, probably on drugs, up to no good, has something in his waist like a weapon, and says "we don't need you to do that" and we're all supposed to sit back and think..."Oh, so that really means, "go ahead, follow the man, get into a confrontation, and shoot him if you get into a fight?"
AGAIN, DO YOU HAVE ANY PROOF THAT ZIMMERMAN IGNORED THE DISPATCHER AND WAS NOT HEADED BACK TOWARDS HIS VEHICLE WHEN THE CONFRONTATION TOOK PLACE?

Old 04-09-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
that is still uncertain. we don't know if zimmerman stopped the pursuit after being told to do so. we heard him say trayvon got away and he was looking for street signs to tell the dispatcher or police where he last saw trayvon. we don't know if he was still looking for trayvon or walking back to his car.

the girlfriend confirms what zimmerman said that he was following trayvon. is this really new evidence that zimmerman was beating on trayvon? did you not forget the funereal director's comment of not seeing any injuries to trayvon and the police comment of seeing injuries to zimmerman? connecting the dots is not difficult. but, if you are a gun hater, then zimmerman will satisfy your ideology of the typical gun carrying citizen.

I was looking at the place (between some houses) where Trayvon was killed and what struck me as being odd is that if Trayvon snuck up on zimmerman while he was at his truck, it had to be parked on someone's lawn. Trayvon was on a path heading directly to his father's house so why was zimmerman over there in the first place?

Old 04-09-2012, 01:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I didn't ask you for your speculation or beliefs, I asked for proof that Zimmerman ignored the dispatcher and continued to follow Trayvon. You don't have it. There is no proof that Zimmerman wasn't heading back to his vehicle when the confrontation started. So the constant repeating that Zimmerman ignored the dispatcher is unfounded at best. You know that, yet you keep repeating it over and over.
As far as proof is concerned, we won't have it unless Zimmerman states that he did continue to follow Trayvon. Trayvon is dead, and can't give his side of the story. The police say there is no eyewitness account of the start of the altercation between Trayvon and Zimmerman. However, there is no proof that Zimmerman went back to his vehicle until the altercation began. It's a little far-fetched to think that Trayvon approached Zimm. in his vehicle (a truck, I believe), yanked him out and threw him on the pavement before Zimm. shot him.

Quote:
how would you picture stalking sneakily?
Walking quietly. Didn't you learn all about that when you studied the Native Americans in elementary school?

Quote:
we don't know what trayvon was doing to attract zimmerman's attention. since we know it wasn't racial profiling, then we can only go by the 911 recording of zimmerman saying there was a suspicious character looking at houses. adding your own interpretation that trayvon wasn't doing anything suspicious contradicts the 911 call.

we do have trayvon's girlfriend's account of the mobile phone conversation, but still doesn't answer all the uncertainties of the event. if trayvon was up to no good, you actually think his girlfriend would volunteer that information?
We don't know it wasn't racial profiling, either. You can't get into Zimmerman's head.

No, I don't think Trayvon's girlfriend would volunteer that "he was casing homes" or some such. We do have the preponderance of the evidence, ie, Trayvon was talking to her until just a few minutes before he was shot; he was planning to watch the NBA All-Star game; he was unarmed in no posession of burglary tools.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
When she told him NOT TO FOLLOW HIM! She said this right before he got out of the truck to follow Trayvon
Wow, what ignorance. First off, the dispatcher was MALE. Second of all, you hear Zimmerman get out of his vehicle, huff and puff because he's running, and THEN the dispatcher asks if he's following him. Zimmerman says yes, and the dispatcher then says "we don't need you to do that", and Zimmerman says "ok". So again, what proof does anyone have that Zimmerman ignored this, and was not headed back towards his vehicle when the confrontation took place?

Official George Zimmerman 911 Call (Trayvon Martin) - YouTube

Quote:
sharpton doesn't care about police cover ups or young kids getting killed. if racial profiling was not the issue, then sharpton doesn't care. there are many dead young black thugs. sharpton has no interest on those cases. did you see sharpton try to help the black teens that brutalized a young white kid just because he was white? don't forget about the slain white tourist for being white by white hating young blacks. no sharpton for justice there. his actions speak very loudly. he doesn't care about justice, only for race based black justice.

FBI, justice department and FL special prosecutor is investigating. you really don't think this is enough? would you rather charges be filed then seeing it fail for lack of evidence? one does not go to trial to discover the facts. one goes to trial because the facts have been discovered.

Did the family of the white teen ask for his help? Did the family of the tourist ask for help? In any of these cases did the police try to cover up any of the facts? Were arrrest made? Was justice served? While you are looking for excuses........I will be patiently waiting for an answer

Apparently as a nonperson of color you don't realize that we have been held in custody just for being "suspect" in a alledged crime. I guess you can't recall how many blackmen have been held by the police because some nearsighted old white woman said that we did something and was wrong.

14,268 posts, read 18,953,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Listen to the 911 tapes from the police. The 911 dispatcher is a man. No, he didn't tell Zimmerman not to follow, but he did say "we don't need you to do that." Others here are being petty and picking at words. It doesn't matter since he called in reports of seeing several other "suspicious" people. Each time he was told not to follow anyone. He was also instructed to keep a safe distance when a police coordinator met him in September. She has a slide show and she's repeated in a few interviews that she said a "gun is out of the question" and words like "don't be a vigilante cop." I've posted this many times. I just removed a link to the 911 tape that no longer works.

SimpleMan fails to appreciate that he knew he was in violation of the neighborhood watch rules as soon as he left his vehicle. He was sitting there saying "these a-holes, they always get away." I've already spent a lot of time on this, but he got out of his car twice, once to check a street sign. He knew he was supposed to wait for the police. It's so ridiculous when people argue about this, because it's like saying you should shoplift if a sign isn't clear. Just because you don't see a sign that says "don't steal" in the dressing room, it doesn't mean putting a jersey on under your coat is okay. You already know what the rules are.

Even the gun enthusiasts who run combat training schools and promote gun ownership are all saying people who carry concealed weapons should never confront a person who isn't in the process of committing a crime or inflicting bodily harm.

Last edited by justNancy; 04-09-2012 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: remove link

Old 04-09-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
As far as proof is concerned, we won't have it unless Zimmerman states that he did continue to follow Trayvon. Trayvon is dead, and can't give his side of the story. The police say there is no eyewitness account of the start of the altercation between Trayvon and Zimmerman. However, there is no proof that Zimmerman went back to his vehicle until the altercation began. It's a little far-fetched to think that Trayvon approached Zimm. in his vehicle (a truck, I believe), yanked him out and threw him on the pavement before Zimm. shot him.
I agree. I'm not saying that Zimmerman didn't continue to follow Trayvon, but we don't know. What bugs me is the people who keep repeating how Zimmerman ignored the dispatcher and continued to follow Trayvon with absolutely no proof. I don't believe the confrontation started at Zimmermans truck, I think it started very close to where Trayvon was shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies