Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 02:48 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,433,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Obviously you have never had to deal with the law, if they wanted to they could have easily found something to charge him with. I guess that you forgot that the homocide detective wanted to charge him with something before the DA intervened. I guess the original charge was lost in the shuffle
We have a constitutional amendment that protects against unreasonable arrests. I suugest you familiarize yourself with it.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:49 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,586,197 times
I admit, I don't watch much television, and especially the endless hype given to cases such as Trayvon Martin's murder. What I have watched only stated that Trayvon was walking home from the store with a bag of skittles and an iced tea, and was only 70 yards from the house he was walking to when he was murdered.

I was DEFINITELY in support of Trayvon, and I thought that George Zimmerman was over-reacting by calling 911 and following Trayvon. If he wasn't on Zimmerman's property or causing trouble in any way, and was only walking down the street then Zimmerman was wrong.

Now I am hearing that Trayvon was a bad kid, was found with a screwdriver and jewelry, had multiple suspensions from school, etc. What is the real story? Why is this being turned into a black vs white thing?

I am so sick of black and white.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:54 PM

381 posts, read 507,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
What would she possibly have to gain from lying? Her friend is already dead and she's even been hospitalized due to trauma.

We all know that Zimmerman has a pretty damn good reason to hide the truth. He's even getting daddy to do some of the lying for him.
i didn't say she was lying. i think her current account supports zimmerman's story. i also think there is more that she is not saying. she was in contact with trayvon for a long time but only mentions the part where she thinks zimmerman pushed trayvon down because it sounded like it on the phone. we don't know the location of where the phone was found so to say zimmerman pushed trayvon is only another scenario yet to be proven.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:54 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,373,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
No, as I wrote in my post, you called me a moron.
You had a quote from simetime that you referenced, not your post, so that is the one I responded to. As far as that comment, it was not a direct comment towards you, it was a comment that I think that anyone who believes Zimmerman came around the corner with his gun drawn ready to shoot is a moron. I stand by that belief.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:56 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,396,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhadorn View Post

Now I am hearing that Trayvon was a bad kid, was found with a screwdriver and jewelry, had multiple suspensions from school, etc. What is the real story? Why is this being turned into a black vs white thing?
So since Trayvon had a srewdriver, got suspended from school and had gold it's now ok that he was shot dead?

Or did I read your post incorrectly?

Old 04-09-2012, 02:58 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,373,162 times
I sure hope the race baiters are happy:

Police are investigating the beating of a 27-year-old man who said he was attacked by several men who shouted “Trayvon.” | Gainesville.com

Old 04-09-2012, 03:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
I admit, I don't watch much television, and especially the endless hype given to cases such as Trayvon Martin's murder. What I have watched only stated that Trayvon was walking home from the store with a bag of skittles and an iced tea, and was only 70 yards from the house he was walking to when he was murdered.

I was DEFINITELY in support of Trayvon, and I thought that George Zimmerman was over-reacting by calling 911 and following Trayvon. If he wasn't on Zimmerman's property or causing trouble in any way, and was only walking down the street then Zimmerman was wrong.

I am so sick of black and white.
Read through this and the other three threads about this issue. Trayvon was not "found" at the scene of the accident with a screwdriver and jewelry. He had a clean record. He had some school suspensions, including for having the above in his posession.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:02 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
Sharpton is a self serving race baiting idiot.
He was supposed to lead an "occupy" type protest with the family.....he stood them up.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:03 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,173,414 times
Quote:
.......Now I am hearing that Trayvon was a bad kid, was found with a screwdriver and jewelry, had multiple suspensions from school, etc. What is the real story?......
Most kids have some bit of jewelry and lots of them get an occasional suspension, but that doesn't excuse Zimmerman from murdering him. At any rate, Zimmerman has a record of past violent actions against a cop and probably threats of violence to a former girlfriend, who took out a restraining order against him.

I don't care myself for the lopsided reporting of black vs white crime reporting (white crime is usually given more prominence while black crime is poorly reported) but in this case it's hard to escape it. In my opinion, had the situation been reversed and Zimmerman ended up dead, there's not the slightest question in my mind that Martin would have been arrested, and not simply believed about it being self-defense. And yes, that would have been from racial differences.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:04 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,586,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
So since Trayvon had a srewdriver, got suspended from school and had gold it's now ok that he was shot dead?

Or did I read your post incorrectly?
Don't read too much into it. My point is that some people are trying to paint this kid as a bad kid to justify his murder.

My question is, did I miss something? Was he doing something other than minding his business? I don't think he was, but why does something like this always turn into black vs white?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies