Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 04:37 PM

40,992 posts, read 49,359,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
First of all, that's destruction of public property. Second, it symbolizes hate. Not newsworthy? The fact that it was done during Passover doesn't bother you? I'm curious. Does the section of Dallas where this happened have a lot of Jewish residents?

Sure, maybe it was "just kids" having a little fun. The same people who are saying this is no big deal are calling Trayvon Martin a thug because he got suspended from school. Think about it.
What you did not see is the amount of coverage the news gave a story that was minor. It was well over blown and murders did not get as much coverage.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:46 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,402,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
there are more that you haven't heard. if you can, please read the police report. zimmerman was reported to have injuries to the head while funereal director described trayvon with no injuries. there was a struggle and scream for help. there was a witness that stated trayvon was on top and other witnesses that only heard the screams and shot saying it sounded like a young man screaming. after the shot, zimmerman was seen being on top. initial police reported that zimmerman's back was wet and had grass stains.

all the ones that support trayvon are going for gun hating prejudices (anyone carrying a gun is out to be a vigilante) therefore, they believe that trayvon was a victim of a gun toting vigilante. they use past complaints against zimmerman but ignore that trayvon could have been a hot head and actually did violently attacked zimmerman. again, there is evidence that zimmerman suffered injuries and trayvon didn't. this is an important fact that connects the dot to what may have actually happened.
Ok. So Trayvon actually having NO injuries makes things look worse for Zimmerman. It implies that either Trayvon was so superior physically or skilled in the martial arts that Zimmerman was not able to fight back in any way shape or form- no parrying blows, no counterpunches- he was just able to pull his gun.

Guess what? Even if a hotheaded teen is walking down the street- I'd never know, because I have no business confronting him. He has the right to not be questioned by the self-proclaimed captain of the block watch.

I live in a nice area in Texas, I might have choice words if some guy was following me in a car and then got out and asked me what I was doing- unless it was a cop. If it's a cop- it's 'hello officer- I live in the big spanish style villa right there'. Any other questions? I really don't want to be talking about this over beers at the White House in a few weeks.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:52 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,975,238 times
Correct. No murder 1 without a grand jury. The most people were thinking here was manslaughter, the legal analysts are thinking manslaughter, based on several reasons, but we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
Yup, media gets an F- on this one.

I have heard (anyone confirm?) that murder 1 is out of the question without grand jury in Florida. So maybe she's angling for a manslaughter charge.

From what we have seen though, I seriously doubt charges are filed. I think she realizes they have no case and is hoping that by stalling the mobs will quiet.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:52 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,528,903 times
Quote:
Yup, media gets an F- on this one.

I have heard (anyone confirm?) that murder 1 is out of the question without grand jury in Florida. So maybe she's angling for a manslaughter charge.

From what we have seen though, I seriously doubt charges are filed. I think she realizes they have no case and is hoping that by stalling the mobs will quiet.
If charges aren't filed I'll be seriously surprised. In GZ's shoes, I'd have already left the country.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:53 PM

40,992 posts, read 49,359,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
I live in a nice area in Texas, I might have choice words if some guy was following me in a car and then got out and asked me what I was doing- unless it was a cop. If it's a cop- it's 'hello officer- I live in the big spanish style villa right there'. Any other questions? I really don't want to be talking about this over beers at the White House in a few weeks.
And that's the difference, you would have choice words and maybe told the guy to get lost. You would not have physically assaulted the guy. If you did then you've escalated the problem.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:55 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,202,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No, it is not a real possiblity, blah, blah, blah. I posted earlier about this, and you can read it yourself on the Huffpo.
Well excuse the bleep out of me...I didn't realize YOU were the only one permitted to post updates and opinions...

Going back to my reason for posting and original question....

So, we know according to Florida law because the State Attorney is not giving it to the Grand Jury, he WILL NOT be charged with first-degree murder.

If she is unable to charge him at all...what then?....

And BTW It is a Real Possibility that he won't be charged at all...

Old 04-09-2012, 04:55 PM

381 posts, read 508,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So, you are saying that if you are walking along minding your own business or chatting to a friend on your cell phone, it's okay for someone to trail you in his SUV and then get out of his car and follow you in the dark? You won't mind if that person then starts to question you? If you have children, I certainly hope you tell them to run if a stranger tries to approach them and to fight and cry for help if they are confronted.

In any case Trayvon Martin was innocent. He wasn't doing a damn thing but walking home. Even if the defense can prove he was trying to fight off Zimmerman, who was following him behind the townhouses on a dark path, does this justify the shooting?

If the feds cannot find a reason to arrest Zimmerman, based on Florida law, then it does not mean he was right. It only means there isn't enough evidence and that the laws protect him. It says nothing about Martin's innocence or guilt.
how did zimmerman suffer injuries and martin with only a fatal shot? let me guess, zimmerman was on his knees beating himself while trayvon was screaming for help then zimmerman jumps on top of martin and shoots him.
or does this sound more logical: zimmerman was screaming for help while martin was beating on him, then zimmerman shoots martin.

people who are facing a gun do not scream, they get shot. therefore, i don't see zimmerman chasing martin with his gun while martin screams for help.

the facts follows zimmerman's story, that's why evidence to the contrary doesn't exist.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:04 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,376,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I nearly choked from laughing when I read that.
Read it again and try harder this time.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:04 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,132,115 times
Quote:
I seriously doubt charges are filed. I think she realizes they have no case and is hoping that by stalling the mobs will quiet.
Duval County State Attorney Angela Corey told The Miami Herald in an interview last month that she did not expect to need a grand jury, and would likely make the decision on whether or not to charge Zimmerman herself.

“I always lean towards moving forward without needing the grand jury in a case like this,” Corey said last month. “I foresee us being able to make a decision, and move on it on our own.”

Read more here: Prosecutor: No grand jury for Trayvon case - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/09/2739151/trayvon-martin-case.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)

Old 04-09-2012, 05:05 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,975,238 times
A murder in the first degree is either a felony murder--murder committed during the course of a felony--or premeditated. If she is unable to charge him at all? You will see many--not all, but many--here saying they told us so, laughing at those who did not support their belief that Zimmerman was justified to kill Trayvon, stating that it showed Trayvon was in fact a thug wannabe--general low class stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
So, we know according to Florida law becuse the State Attorney is not giving it to the Grand Jury, he WILL NOTa be charged with first-degree murder.

If she is unable to charge him at all...what then?....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies