Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 06:36 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,760,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
All i ever hear on C-D is how blacks complain about racism, but since we're not complaining about racism, that's a problem too. We're supposed to be angry that there are few blacks or folks "of color" on his staff?

What's it gonna be? If some black person did make a public complaint, then there would be 10 threads by the usual anti-black rabble rouser's saying that blacks are always complaining.

Or there are the "Dems focus too much on race" threads....but take a look at all of the race threads on this forum. Damn near all started by conservatives. Hell, the same race baiters couldn't wait to make a thread about CHICKEN of all things!

So tell me again...who focuses on race all the time in reality?
Its pretty much an all volunteer staff, maybe some of you brothas should step up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 06:38 AM

17,403 posts, read 12,002,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
All i ever hear on C-D is how blacks complain about racism, but since we're not complaining about racism, that's a problem too. We're supposed to be angry that there are few blacks or folks "of color" on his staff?

What's it gonna be? If some black person did make a public complaint, then there would be 10 threads by the usual anti-black rabble rouser's saying that blacks are always complaining.

Or there are the "Dems focus too much on race" threads....but take a look at all of the race threads on this forum. Damn near all started by conservatives. Hell, the same race baiters couldn't wait to make a thread about CHICKEN of all things!

So tell me again...who focuses on race all the time in reality?
Maybe the question should be "who is more hypocritical about race".

Old 04-10-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Why does it matter what ethnicity his campaign staffers are?

Really? Who should care?
When companies are fined for not being diverse enough, then it DOES matter.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:45 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,760,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Regarding the red - It's kind of forced down our throats right now by media and political liberals. If it's not dealt with, then the narrative is allowed to stand. If it is dealt with, then people on the right are racists. It's a no win situation because the truth is not the goal - only fanning the flames of racism for elections and political advantages.

And here we go w/ the counterproductive name calling.

I'm using that picture to try to help illustrate the truth of who Obama is so other black people hopefully won't be fooled. He doesn't care about black people beyond the elections - he never has.

You got a white lefty liberal on CNN saying "F****** N*****" live on TV for goodness sakes. Where's Al and Jesse? Is CNN losing sponsors? Why? Because it's really not about black people to liberals - we are just tools to get to the end goal which is winning the next election.

Ultimately, I want black people to make money, and succeed, and have a good life where we don't kill ourselves in the process. To get there, we have to deal with the truth about what's going on.

You can doubt my blackness and call names all you want - but the truth is what it is and Obama doesn't care about black people despite what he says. Except - when he needs blacks to fan the flames of racism in order to silence or guilt white working conservatives - then we are useful. Think about it - no focus on jobs, no economic incentives, black businesses ignored - but when Trayvon is killed, now he looks like you - now he needs you.
I don't know what black people expect, there are more pressing problems than tending to black peoples needs, like the economy, if that fails, we're all screwed, including black people.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Jazzy? and one has to wonder why the DNC convention looked like a cross secrion of the American populace while the RNC convention looked like a KKK rally without the hoods over their heads.
Ah yes, the KKK reference. What, you've used up your monthly allotment of nazi references?

Old 04-10-2012, 06:52 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,780,433 times
Obama's thinking "I don't need no diversity... I only want the best talent....diversity is for peons and losers"

Yet the “army of twenty-somethings” campaign manager Jim Messina has assembled in the president’s hometown is almost uniformly white, according to photos contained in a detailed BuzzFeed report Monday.
Further examination of the Obama’s campaign’s Tumblr site over the past month reveals very few black individuals—apart from the president and his wife, Michelle—in the pictures posted in the feed.

One of the only featured pictures to include a black individual is one from a recent White House visit by Star Trek actress Nichelle Nichols.
The revelation is potentially embarrassing for the first African-American president and the party he leads.

In August 2011, Obama signed an executive order requiring federal agencies to develop plans for improving workforce diversity.

Minority Report | Washington Free Beacon

Old 04-10-2012, 08:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,267,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Maybe the question should be "who is more hypocritical about race".
Oh..so now the conversation should change, huh? Hmmmm

So you don't like the answer when i ask who brings up race time and time again on C-D, which means that I have to change the wording so that the answer MIGHT come out the way you like it?

Nah...doesn't matter. On matters of hypocrisy, the right wing is just as guilty...actually more.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I don't know what black people expect, there are more pressing problems than tending to black peoples needs, like the economy, if that fails, we're all screwed, including black people.
Don't worry about what we expect. When we want you to know, we'll tell you. And of course, that'll never happen.

Worry about your own folks.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
They don't pander to individual groups.
Of course they do. It's called WHITE PEOPLE.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:32 PM

45,677 posts, read 27,308,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
African American definition of an "Uncle Tom"....a black man with a job, who takes care of his family and who doesn't have a police record.
Nope - just a black person who is against liberalism. That's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies