Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 08:38 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post

You just have the majority of psycho white guys in America.
Ever visited a inner city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 08:43 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Real mean shoot and kill unarmed middle schoolers!!!

Old 04-11-2012, 08:45 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Actually, real men shoot and kill burglars regardless of the burglar's age or whether they're armed or not.

You know what else real men do? Real men raise kids that don't do Darwinian stupid s**t like home invasions, not only so they don't get their asses whooped by their dads should they survive the homeowner's wrath, but they won't give in to peer pressure because all of their friends were raised by real men who wouldn't tolerate that either.

But good try! Just kidding. Grow the hell up.

Last edited by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥; 04-11-2012 at 08:54 AM..

Old 04-11-2012, 08:48 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Oh well........ Kids need to know they are not invincible.

He had it coming.

Thank god for "gauges". Or as I like to call my guage: The Show Stopper

Old 04-11-2012, 08:51 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
Actually, real men shoot and kill burglars regardless of the burglar's age or whether they're armed or not. But good try!

Just kidding, that wasn't a good try. Grow up.

What I mean to say was, real men raise kids that don't do Darwinian stupid **** like home invasions, not only so they don't get their asses whooped by their dads, but they won't give in to peer pressure because all of their friends were raised by real men who wouldn't tolerate that either!
No. Real men do not shoot and kill 14 year old would be burglars.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Granted, I do believe in the "castle doctrine" in principle... but usually flashing a gun should be all that's necessary. Shoot if they don't run away or come towards you. A life (even a thiefs) outweighs the value of your flat screen. Oh, and you probably have insurance anyway.
...I work hard, but like most people, my expenses eat up most of my income. Saving up to buy that flat screen (for example) takes me a long time, maybe a couple years. A couple years of MY life IS worth more to me than some CRIMINALs life. Someone that is willing to commit criminal acts against others needs to consider how little value a victim pay place on their life. A few more of these animals assuming ambient temperature and maybe Darwinian selection would start to kick in. Actions have consequences.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,750 times
Quote:
No. Real men do not shoot and kill 14 year old would be burglars.
Fine, you can have your delusions of what a "real man" is, we'll obviously never agree on that. I don't know why you're making quantum leaps in logic between masculinity and self defense, but whatever. When a kid breaks into your home then you can hug and kiss them all you want.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:03 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The tendency to refer to what used to be known as "burglary" as "home invasion" has contributed to an increase in hysterics and fear in this country.

A "home invasion" is when you're sitting in your living room, and armed men bust down your door, point guns at you and commit violence and steal things.

A burglary -- even at night -- is someone trying to steal your stuff.

Granted, I do believe in the "castle doctrine" in principle... but usually flashing a gun should be all that's necessary. Shoot if they don't run away or come towards you. A life (even a thiefs) outweighs the value of your flat screen. Oh, and you probably have insurance anyway.
So do you propose that if someone enters your home while you're there that you should ask them politely if they're just coming in to rob you or if they may have intentions of harming you?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
What would you do if someone was kicking your door down while you were on the other side? Would you ask how old they were? So how old should they be to make it appropriate to take action? High schoolers maybe?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Oh well........ Kids need to know they are not invincible.

He had it coming.

Thank god for "gauges". Or as I like to call my guage: The Show Stopper

The universally recognized sound of racking the forend may be enough to end the encounter but I wouldn't count on it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies