Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 10:46 AM

381 posts, read 507,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Zimmerman pursued Martin, therefore, Zimmerman was the aggressor and any force Martin used was Martin's need for self defense. Remember, Martin had no weapon and was committing no crime.
that has not been fully determined. we know zimmerman lost contact with trayvon, therefore the pursuit ended. what we don't know is how the next confrontation started. all we know is that a witness saw trayvon beating on zimmerman and that a funereal director did not see any injuries on trayvon, other than being shot.

martin had no weapons, yet, zimmerman suffered injuries. place yourself as an impartial juror that can only go on facts. emotions cannot be used.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:47 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
One last time for those with thought processing issues:

You don't call the cops, identify yourself, describe your "victim", then proceed to murder him for no reason knowing the cops are just around the corner.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:14 AM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

You don't call the cops, identify yourself, describe your "victim", then proceed to murder him for no reason knowing the cops are just around the corner.
Very true. You call the cops, tell them your location, and wait in your vehicle for them to arrive.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:17 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Very true. You call the cops, tell them your location, and wait in your vehicle for them to arrive.
Yes. You don't say (paraphrasing), "I can't give you my location. Call me when you get here."

Old 04-14-2012, 11:20 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

The reason is what needs to be determined as that is what is in question.

After you do your civic duty and make the call and give the description, a balanced and logical person would back off, not make it personal.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:37 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,672,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Actually, I used to work in a minimum security prison, and assuming that the rules are similar at the Sanford jail, Zimmerman won't be allowed to accept cookies.

She can, however, send a money order to be put on his account - that way he can buy more Jolly Rancher candy.

I'm sure he will appreciate her support. Oh, and lots of married inmates carry on with different women, which can prove to be a bit of a problem on visiting day.

Maybe we could clone him for our NW program?

Old 04-14-2012, 11:46 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Why do they say Zimmerman was standing his ground when he was not even standing, plus he was on the ground with Trayvon on top of him?

Old 04-14-2012, 12:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Maybe we could clone him for our NW program?
Yeah, if you want your neighbors and their friends blown away!

Old 04-14-2012, 12:11 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You know, until this point, in all five threads which I have thoroughly read, I never saw Bush's name. Are you trying to politicize this further?
Actually, I think one person wrote something about the Dems blaming Bush, but I ignored it. I think Bush, like Obama, would have expressed his sympathy and given his condolences to the Martin family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You're right, maybe he IS smoking dope up in heaven. But just as we don't know if Zimmerman quit following Trayvon when the dispatcher told him to (which numerous people on here allege), we don't know if Trayvon smoked the weed.
Yes, we don't know, but it's so wrong when people bring up a school suspension. He was the victim. If Trayvon was caught with drugs, especially on suspicion of dealing, the principal would have called the police! Gosh, it's a good thing nobody is looking into my high school records! "She skipped school and the truant officer called her parents! She liked to makeout with her boyfriend in the back of a Pontiac LeMans while listening to Light My Fire by the Doors. She went on a class trip and got caught with a beer!"
Lock her up, throw away the key!

Old 04-14-2012, 12:16 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,160 times
If it hasn't been posted already here is The 2011 Florida Statute for JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies