Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 07:20 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,438,277 times

Advertisements

The problem that I have with this "Zimmerman has no blood" mantra is that it wasn't even mentioned in the charging documents yesterday. In fact nothing about "the struggle" was in the charging documents. If the meat and potatoes of the prosecution's case is in the charging documents, this case won't get past a judge period.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
here is a question i have and maybe someone could answer it.

if trayvon had a cell phone and was talking to his girlfriend on it, why didn't he just call the police and report that zimmerman was following him? wouldn't that be the normal thing to do if someone is following you and you are on a phone?

or did he?
There was some speculation on the net that he did in fact call 911. Supposedly when you call 911 from your cell phone it doesn't always register a police record or something but goes somewhere else. I think it's an urban legend.

I wondered that myself. Althoughi t's understandable why he didn't call 911 isn't the first thing that comes to teenagers minds when in trouble.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Thank you for the link. It echos what I said at the beginning *and got deleted for being off-topic* about how it seemed she was campaigning or giving an Academy Award speech.
I was initially impressed with her during the conference but the charging docs are so weak that it's borderline unethical. It just mentions media talking points that led up to the "struggle". Yet the case will be determined by what occured during the "struggle". Even if you think Zimmerman is the agressor once a struggle ensues he is afforded self-defense protections.

There was no mention of any evidence they have in regards to the immediate run up to the "struggle" and the "struggle" itself. They better have something about "the struggle" or Zimmerman will walk free in the end of May.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:30 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,293,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The problem that I have with this "Zimmerman has no blood" mantra is that it wasn't even mentioned in the charging documents yesterday. In fact nothing about "the struggle" was in the charging documents. If the meat and potatoes of the prosecution's case is in the charging documents, this case won't get past a judge period.
The prosecutor will only put as much information in the charging documents as is needed to support the charge. She's not going to put all of the information she has in the first document; she'll save it for trial or for plea negotiations.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:34 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,095,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
My brother brought up a very interesting point about this case thats never been discussed. With all the media coverage of the shooting, why did they never release the security tapes from the convenience store showing Trayvon entering the store? It would have shown clearly how he was dressed and probably his demeanor. Both the prosecutors and the defense would have been all over this piece of evidence.
The tape has to be there. Lets get it released.
ok "Icy Tea" perhaps you can shed some light on this since it's been reported that you were there that night. For starters, are you glass, plastic or aluminum?

Old 04-13-2012, 07:42 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,687,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
That's an extreme example of a broken nose, most times they are not compound fractures and you'd barely be able to tell it was broken just at a glance.
I've been meaning to tell you I love your user ID.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:46 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,141,806 times
Quote:
There was some speculation on the net that he did in fact call 911. Supposedly when you call 911 from your cell phone it doesn't always register a police record or something but goes somewhere else. I think it's an urban legend.

I wondered that myself. Althoughi t's understandable why he didn't call 911 isn't the first thing that comes to teenagers minds when in trouble.
Urban legend, my kindegartener got ahold of his mom's cell phone and called 911 4 times hanging up and within 5 minutes there was a deputy at my door...no address given or correspondance at all.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:00 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,253,742 times
Quote:

At 17 years old i wouldn't have thought to call 911 at all. He was only 210 ft from my door and he is black in Sanford which is known to be black unfriendly.

How do you know what comes into the mind of a17 year old black kid; when you are white and old like you?

"the first thing that comes to teenagers minds when in trouble".[/quote]

Old 04-13-2012, 08:42 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,849,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerdavis View Post
I think you'd have a nearly impossible time convincing a jury that following someone to see if they were committing a crime was stalking. If so, every store security guard and most police could be charged.
I'm surprised how many people are willing to jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts. If this is your idea of justice, why do we need a trial at all? Why not just have a bunch of extremists for and against someone being convicted make a plea on t.v. and then have people vote to convict or acquit based on that? Seriously, wait until you know the facts before you pass judgment on anyone.

Seems to me that Zimmerman was the one who jumped to conclusions. There was no need for Zimmerman to get out of his truck and approach the teen.

Zimmerman created the situation and caused escalation by physically confronting the boy.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:43 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,219,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
The prosecutor will only put as much information in the charging documents as is needed to support the charge. She's not going to put all of the information she has in the first document; she'll save it for trial or for plea negotiations.

Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit "Irresponsible And Unethical" - YouTube

Alan Dershowitz Harvard Law begs to differ.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies