Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:59 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So are you on a first name basis with any white people who have been shot?
That one's also rhetorical BTW....
Is that all you got?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 11:02 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Is that all you got?
No it's not but it's way more than I need.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:03 AM

994 posts, read 725,041 times
Quote:
Did you even bother to read the article?

The dead man, Adkins, approached the driver's car and struck it with a bat or a metal pole. If he was pulling out of a drive-thru, it's possible that he had no way around Adkins.

Self-defense seems reasonable in this case.

Unlike Trayvon, Adkins had a weapon that could be used to harm and/or kill a person.

Try again.
"Unlike Trayvon"? So self defense is not reasonable when your head is being pounded against the ground? You're supposed to lie there and let someone hold you down and fracture your skull?

Old 04-12-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
"Unlike Trayvon"? So self defense is not reasonable when your head is being pounded against the ground? You're supposed to lie there and let someone hold you down and fracture your skull?
Quote:
BOSTON -- An Abington Marine died Sunday after a dispute over a barking dog led another man to allegedly punch him in the face last week.
Man Dies After Fight Over Barking Dog - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/20032757/detail.html#ixzz1rqYikDkU - broken link)

Old 04-12-2012, 11:11 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Another thread started out of spite under the guise of concern. This is a perfect example of why self-defense and SYG are not to be used lightly and SYG sucks. This happened recently, more recently that the Trayvon Martin incident. It took over a month for GZ to be charged and arrested. The same people in here said "The police did their job." and "Allow due process.". Now those people are complaining. This guy claims that he was threatened and that the person that he killed had a bat, but no bat was found. Should we now believe the killer because he says this what happens, or should their be an investigation? I believe their should - I am sure the family of the victim will do whatever they can to seek justice for him. I see nothing wrong with that. What irks me about these threads is the faux concern. You really don't care so stop pretending...you're more transparent than and just as flimsy as a piece of saran wrap.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:13 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
He should be charged. He shot him because he had a gun and a permit and felt it gave him a license to kill. I want him charged and convicted because without the SYG he would not have killed this young man. I and many other black people wanted they black guy who shot the man in front of his 8 year daughter charged with murder. Now for the best part. This is not the same as TM case. Both men were engaged in this and both knew why. Trayvon never knew what was happening and never will. The problem is this law giving punks the swolle chest and costing lives.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:13 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Did you read what I wrote was "unlike Trayvon"? Like, this person was (allegedly) armed and Trayvon wasn't. That was the comparison.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:14 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So are you on a first name basis with any white people who have been shot?
That one's also rhetorical BTW....
So I guess in this case the shooter is wrong to you right RR?

Old 04-12-2012, 11:16 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Did you even bother to read the article?

The dead man, Adkins, approached the driver's car and struck it with a bat or a metal pole. If he was pulling out of a drive-thru, it's possible that he had no way around Adkins.

Self-defense seems reasonable in this case.

Unlike Trayvon, Adkins had a weapon that could be used to harm and/or kill a person.

Try again.
A car weighing thousands of pounds beats a man on foot with a blunt instrument every time. This fact is routinely taught in CCW classes. Does one have to shoot instead of run over or side swipe a threat not pointing a firearm? Really?

Try again.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
So I guess in this case the shooter is wrong to you right RR?
I don't have an opinion yet. I need more evidence. Unlike yourself I don't look at the color of the parties involved and make a decision based on that. I will say that if they have a SYG law and he was attacked then he was justified. The point of this thread isn't so much who is right or wrong but the blatant media bias. You can also tack on the blatant bias of Obama, Holder, Sharpton, Jackson, and most black posters on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies