Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 12:52 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Might prove he was an affirmative action baby with gift grades.
His writings would expose if the man who needs a teleprompter has a brain at all. If so, is it Stalin's brain?
Affirmative action is about giving people an opportunity, not about gifting them with outstanding grades. And his grades would not be just passing, they would be outstanding, in order to graduate magna c-um laude.

As for a teleprompter, they've been in use for quite some time. There is no disgrace in speakers using teleprompters.

And your comment about Stalin's brain---what the heck? Do you self-edit at all? Because that's out of line, irrelevant, and just nonsensical.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
At commencement, or the graduation ceremony, they generally recognize honor students or students whose accomplishments have been outstanding. They give a little speech. If Obama was so outstanding, surely he got some recognition. There would have been something!
Just look up Harvard's alumni records.

They've been posted on this thread already.

The little "mlc" notation that is shown. That means "magna c-um laude". It denotes that he graduatued with high honors. That is recognition.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:59 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
He was a complete failure at being a community organizer, as with anything else he has attempted. And he's about to be fired again! Maybe they can teach him to make license plates.
Yeah. He 'failed' so completely he was elected State Senator and then U.S. Senator and then President of the United States of America.

Everyone should aspire to 'fail' so well.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
I'm sure SD truly believes what he says, he just doesn't understand the difference between the truth and lies.

I asked some time ago for at least one creditable persons name that has any evidence showing Obama isn't eligible to be POTUS, so far nothing. All anyone can come up with are people that have no knowledge of what they are stating, or some wacko sheriff.
This. is. classic.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:05 PM

60 posts, read 45,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yeah. He 'failed' so completely he was elected State Senator and then U.S. Senator and then President of the United States of America.

Everyone should aspire to 'fail' so well.
He only got 'TWO' bills passed as a U.S. Senator. That's it. As far as his State Senator records go, well, his were were lost. There are no archives of what he did.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Party Ted View Post
He only got 'TWO' bills passed as a U.S. Senator. That's it. As far as his State Senator records go, well, his were were lost. There are no archives of what he did.
You know, I've read that over and over again. It originally came from World Nuts Daily. Now, having lived in Illinois for seven years, I know the place is corrupt, but I can't imagine that the State Senate records for the years Obama served have all been *lost*.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Party Ted View Post
In how many years?

Shall we look at Ron Paul's legislative record? Or how many times he has unsuccessfully run for president?

Like I said: everyone should aspire to 'fail' as well as President Barack Obama.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
first of all: I don't think he has paid that kind for money, but who knows and second, how do you know he did if we can't see his records? Anyone can say anything, the university can lie, whatever. Don't be so gullible. I certainly don't know and to be honest I don't carre, but you don't know either.
Oh, Nita, we know he graduated magna c um laude because it's a public record. It became public record when he graduated. If you go to the University of Arkansas law school commencement, they have a little program, a schedule of events that lists the speakers and so on, and also lists every graduate. Next to their name, there will be little letters like "cl", "mcl", "scl" and even other notations, to signify honors and achievements. Those programs make this information public, it is not part of the private record of the student. When Obama graduated Harvard, there was a similar program distributed. And from that day forward, it was a matter of public record that Obama graduated "mcl", with high honors. Which is why, if you look at Harvard's lists of alumni, Obama is listed, with the information of which school he attended at Harvard (the law school), what years he attended, and that he graduated mcl.

So, we do know.

Last edited by DC at the Ridge; 04-14-2012 at 01:30 PM..

Old 04-14-2012, 01:23 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The University of Chicago isn't McDonald's. You don't "convince" the manager to hire you. I have never applied for a job that I was not offered. I have also never applied for a job I wasn't qualified for. You have no premise to assert that Obama wasn't qualified to lecture on Constitutional law, and your "plausible answer" that he had incompletes in Constitutional law aren't plausible at all. And the fact that you don't understand that the University of Chicago would have requested his transcripts before hiring him as a lecturer is indicative of poor thinking skills. If you told this story during an interview, you wouldn't get hired.
I never worked at McDonald's - even my summer job when in school was at a large city public library. My first job out of college was at a very respected Medical School working for a person who a few years later won a Nobel prize for work done while I was there. I won't even go into what later jobs were for privacy reasons, but suffice it to say that you would be impressed. I think I know a little bit about interviewing for a high level job and never said that his transcripts would not have been viewed. You asked what course would have been problematic if revealed that he took an incomplete and I offered an answer. I never said that it was a fact or even that he had any incompletes, just that it would answer your question. If you believe the premise that he or
his minions are actively working to keep his law school records sealed, then one might wonder why.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
I never worked at McDonald's - even my summer job when in school was at a large city public library. My first job out of college was at a very respected Medical School working for a person who a few years later won a Nobel prize for work done while I was there. I won't even go into what later jobs were for privacy reasons, but suffice it to say that you would be impressed. I think I know a little bit about interviewing for a high level job and never said that his transcripts would not have been viewed. You asked what course would have been problematic if revealed that he took an incomplete and I offered an answer. I never said that it was a fact or even that he had any incompletes, just that it would answer your question. If you believe the premise that he or
his minions are actively working to keep his law school records sealed, then one might wonder why.
You offered a nonsensical answer. I pointed out how ridiculous it was. Now you are quibbling because you only offered it as a possibility, not as fact. Backpedal, much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies