Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 05:44 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times

Advertisements

Ironic on so many levels. I love it.

Better for the Government to outright pay for the quick release of a low-level "criminal" than have taxpayers continue to float the bills for non-violent crimes.
Sentences should be determined by how many people you have effected.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 04-13-2012 at 05:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 06:36 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Ironic on so many levels. I love it.

Better for the Government to outright pay for the quick release of a low-level "criminal" than have taxpayers continue to float the bills for non-violent crimes.
Sentences should be determined by how many people you have effected.

I wonder what the sentences should be for the banksters that took those bonuses on us taxpayer's dime, AFTER we bailed their a**es out for making p*** poor business decisions?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:41 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Absolutely. People like my grandmother, at age 90, should be publicly humiliated for daring to be poor. $60 a month, on our dime? What kind of country does she think this is?

How dare she.
Maybe you should do your fair share by actually helping to support your 90 yo grandmother.

You'd rather her be on public welfare then you help buy her some groceries ? I thought family should help family. Good example of what welfare creates.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:42 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I wonder what the sentences should be for the banksters that took those bonuses on us taxpayer's dime, AFTER we bailed their a**es out for making p*** poor business decisions?
Why has the Feds not come down on them, that's their job ? Maybe they give large contributions to all the politicians just to cover their bases.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:53 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
ROFL...government efficiency and oversight hard at work.

Food stamp money being used for bail. Guess he'll have to go to the food pantry for food eh ?
Sorry but you can't use food stamps to buy any thing but food.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I'm sure most people that use those cards are embarrassed about it. Why would you further embarrass them because they are on hard times? They only receive it to feed their children.

And how do some of you notice what type of card the person in front of you use? As many times that I have grocery shopped, I never fixate my eyes on what card they use. I'm too busy placing my groceries on the counter.
Exactly!

Old 04-13-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well there are others, like the drug dealer mentioned in this post, getting more than $60/month (bail is usually a heck of a lot more than $60) and using it for non food items.
because it was their cash amount and not their food stamps.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:50 AM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Fair enough, but why focus on piddling stuff like this? If your priorities are a lean, efficient government, the trillions upon trillions we spent propping up banks that should have gone out of business makes social service fraud look laughable by comparison.

I guess executive bonuses don't incense you as much as some criminal cheating the system out of a few hundred bucks but if that's the case, your priorities are seriously out of whack. We could have paid off every mortgage, every student loan, with the money we gave the banks. We could have fixed the roads, funded pensions, helped the poor, made this country a better place. Hell, even if you don't believe in all that, we could have bought some pretty cool new toys. Instead, our tax dollars were divvied up among the already rich to pay off bad bets.

This drug dealer can pay for whatever the hell he wants with his piddling government assistance, it's just flies feeding on a corpse.
2/3 of my states budget goes to stuff like this.

Do you know why the banks failed? People didn't pay their mortgages. In many cases they could have, but chose not to and just walked away. I know it's convenient to lay all the blame on faceless "banks" or a couple CEO's that for the most part make a lot less than a decent baseball player....but you might want to wake up and look around and the full range of culpability.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:51 AM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
because it was their cash amount and not their food stamps.
Food stamps sell for 50-60cents on the dollar. Just sayin.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:54 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Absolutely. People like my grandmother, at age 90, should be publicly humiliated for daring to be poor. $60 a month, on our dime? What kind of country does she think this is?

How dare she.
Trotting out your granny does nothing to evoke sympathy from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies