Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 11:55 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,938,058 times

Advertisements

that have absolutely nothing in common with middle class America? It blows my mind how the poorest states in this country like Mississippi, Alabama, AK, etc. continually vote for Republican candidates that whole heartedly support corporate welfare and tax breaks for the uber rich and that stand for everything opposite 99% of the population lives according to.

I guess Jesus is a more influential impact on votes in those kind of states than the almighty dollar.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:57 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,830,622 times
Severe mental illness, I really can't think of any other reason to explain it.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:01 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,569,548 times
How about the fact that our state was run into the ground by over a century of Democratic Party rule in both the legislature and governor's mansion, many of whom were quite rich. Our state's former governor Edwin Edwards was a fine rich Democratic party member who recently got out of feder prison.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:05 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,780,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
that have absolutely nothing in common with middle class America? It blows my mind how the poorest states in this country like Mississippi, Alabama, AK, etc. continually vote for Republican candidates that whole heartedly support corporate welfare and tax breaks for the uber rich and stands for everything opposite 99% of the populations lives according to.

I guess Jesus is a more influential impact on votes in those kind of states than the almighty dollar.
Beats me. I just don't get it. They wrote a book on the topic.

What's the Matter with Kansas? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-15-2012, 12:06 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,964,372 times
Why do blue states still vote like Tamney Hall is run things iis my response. They seem to vote for the crook who promises them the most and has since those days ;regardless of now its worked out for them and their children.What better or whose richer. someone who makes lower miidle class income and lives on that or someone who blames others so they spent their childfren future then borrows on the chibese crdit card i their childrens name.I thnik i know whose richer of those two ;in realty.So mnay not poor but bankrupt blue states is who.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:12 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,852,281 times
Have you not noticed the Democrats are the EXACT same way, even if they sometimes talk a different game? Is there a normal, middle class politician in congress that is not at least moderately wealthy? What is worse, following a party that at least admits they are pro business/wealth, or following one that lies to your face about it?

Old 04-15-2012, 12:31 AM

994 posts, read 726,026 times
Yes, the old liberal head scratching puzzle of why anybody who makes less than a million dollars would be a conservative.

You've told them Republicans are the party of rich greedy racists, so why aren't all the poor and middle class voting Democrat? It's a real mystery.

The obvious reason is that just because you've swallowed the progressive kool aid doesn't mean everyone else has too. We see the Democrat rehetoric for what it is - pandering for votes.

But even if you accept the liberal rhetoric that the Democrats are the party of the middle class then there are still a number of reasons not to vote for them. People may not vote Democrat because they don't want the government telling them what kind of light bulbs they can use. Because they want a government that isn't hostile to their religion. Because they want to choose their own health insurance. Because they don't want unions controlling government. Because they want to be able to own a gun. Because they support Israel. Because they don't like trillion dollar deficits.

As foreign a concept as it might seem to you, it's called having principles. Sorry but not everyone votes based on which party will give them the most free stuff.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,199,591 times
What other choice do they have? The two party masquerading as one party system ensures only bootlickers to capital run and win. Same goes for everywhere else in the country.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:26 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,078,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
that have absolutely nothing in common with middle class America? It blows my mind how the poorest states in this country like Mississippi, Alabama, AK, etc. continually vote for Republican candidates that whole heartedly support corporate welfare and tax breaks for the uber rich and that stand for everything opposite 99% of the population lives according to.

Maybe they see a better shot in life with the Republicans seeing as how your party's goal is keeping people dependent on them in order to get their vote.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:33 AM

2,234 posts, read 3,327,275 times
Of the top ten richest congressmen 8 are democrats. So I guess the liberals are the ones voting for the rich ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies