Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 08:38 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times

Advertisements

More BS from liar extraordinaire.

NASA Climate Change Letter Belongs To Long Tradition Of Fake Expertise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 08:43 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
I don't know if the planet is actually "warming"...it's gone thru ice ages and total meltdowns before....I do know that whatever is happening is in NO WAY related to us puny humans and our activities...that's a purely political and monetary assumption.

The earth will do what it will do. We can't (and shouldn't) try to change it....if we were able to, we may be truly screwing ourselves!

Animals (think polar bears!) will adapt...they've already started to adapt to less sea ice. I like warmer weather! Hate snow and ice! I'm a happy camper!
I would hardly call over 7 million people puny. So how can over 7 billion people and their activities not affect the world. You think all the trash and pollution we generate has done nothing detrimental to this planet. Do you not think about the consequences of our actions. Our actions do affect where we live so we need to take care of it. That is not being political at all. To me it's just common sense.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:45 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I would point out that none of them are actually climate scientists.
and you can prove this in what / which manner?

Old 04-15-2012, 08:51 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
More BS from liar extraordinaire.
Fascinating isn't it? The mind of a compulsive liar is a terrible thing to taste.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I would hardly call over 7 million people puny. So how can over 7 billion people and their activities not affect the world. You think all the trash and pollution we generate has done nothing detrimental to this planet. Do you not think about the consequences of our actions. Our actions do affect where we live so we need to take care of it. That is not being political at all. To me it's just common sense.
Common Sense? - please explain to me what we can do to change the actions of the sun which is 93 MILLION miles away.

Doh!

I choose to believe what God says over & over; again & again - The Earth shall abide forever.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
The LIAR and cheat is Hansen and his minions, who have "adjusted" the data going back decades.

Warming in the USHCN is mainly an artifact of adjustments | Watts Up With That?

Warming in the USHCN is mainly an artifact of adjustments

Hansen Report Card | Real Science

Hansen has politicized NASA for his AGW cultist agenda.

He should have been fired long ago.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:00 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Common Sense? - please explain to me what we can do to change the actions of the sun which is 93 MILLION miles away.

Doh!

I choose to believe what God says over & over; again & again - The Earth shall abide forever.
You really think that global warming is because humans are changing something about the sun?

I guess this is more proof that people who deny global warming really have no F'ing clue or more brain cells then teeth.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:06 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Forty-nine highly respected former NASA astronauts, engineers and scientists are fighting back against efforts by top executives to use the federal agency to promote global warming alarmism.
Well, you know, it's the "Red State" folks who seem convinced that GW is just a scientific hoax - which is pretty ironic since it's mostly Red States that stand to take the biggest beating (as they did TODAY) as the global climate warms. Sooner or later those same "Red State" folks will come around - though it will likely only happen after they see for themselves what GW is going to cost them in regards to their homes (or the homes of their neighbors). If the studies are correct - and I believe they are - over time the number and severity of both tornadoes AND hurricanes is going to increase significantly - and they will be mostly zeroing in on those same "Red States" where people seem to think the whole GW theory is a bunch of BS. It may take 10 years, it may take 20 years - but sooner or later it's going to be those same "Red State" folks who will be clamoring the loudest that action should be taken. Sadly some people just have to learn the hard way.

The warmup is just starting folks. The climate is likely to get a WHOLE lot more severe.

Ken

Old 04-15-2012, 09:09 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:

Doh!

Ummm, well ok. I didn't say anything about the sun though. I was talking about our actions and how they affect our environment. You can blame it on what you want but you are foolish to deny our involvement. We are abusers. Maybe god is right about the earth abiding forever but he didn't say anything about humans going along. Maybe he's sick of us polluting and not caring what we do to what he created. I mean have you ever thought of that. Maybe we will all be wiped out to start over

Old 04-15-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Ummm, well ok. I didn't say anything about the sun though. I was talking about our actions and how they affect our environment. You can blame it on what you want but you are foolish to deny our involvement. We are abusers. Maybe god is right about the earth abiding forever but he didn't say anything about humans going along. Maybe he's sick of us polluting and not caring what we do to what he created. I mean have you ever thought of that. Maybe we will all be wiped out to start over

It is obvious you have never ever even read WHAT GOD PROMISED !

In other words you think he is like Obama... a liar!?? Shame Shame Shame on yew.

What I asked was - what can we do to influence the sun in any manner ? ANS: nothing! The sun is what controls our weather and climate in some distinct manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies