Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 09:36 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Could it be because men don't pole dance -or- gays are affronted by females on a pole?

But the gays in San Francisco have no problem with gay nude parks do they?

That city is beyond screwed up.....
Stop lying, there are no "gay nude parks" in San Francisco. Nudity in general is not illegal in San Francisco, which is true of most towns if you look hard enough at the laws. We have clothing-optional beaches and areas, but there is no official nude park (and how would it be determined as gay if there were?) that I'm aware of - and I've been in this region for almost 30 years.

There is also no "gay sex fest" in SF as the OP claims, so you guys might wanna stop lying if you want to be taken seriously. And yes, even we have our limitations on what is allowed or not allowed within our cities... or did you think this whole place was just one big ongoing display of debauchery? That would be fun, I admit, but sadly it's not true on a typical day. Has anyone posting here even been to SF??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 09:39 PM

Here, read this (particularly the part about nudity in parks) before running your virtual mouth again: San Francisco Bay Area Naturist Resources

Old 04-15-2012, 09:51 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,610,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Stop lying, there are no "gay nude parks" in San Francisco. Nudity in general is not illegal in San Francisco, which is true of most towns if you look hard enough at the laws. We have clothing-optional beaches and areas, but there is no official nude park (and how would it be determined as gay if there were?) that I'm aware of - and I've been in this region for almost 30 years.

There is also no "gay sex fest" in SF as the OP claims, so you guys might wanna stop lying if you want to be taken seriously. And yes, even we have our limitations on what is allowed or not allowed within our cities... or did you think this whole place was just one big ongoing display of debauchery? That would be fun, I admit, but sadly it's not true on a typical day. Has anyone posting here even been to SF??
i used to live in SF. actually just a few blocks away from the hustler club. there's a bunch of festivals w naked ppl walking around in SF. no gay nude parks or outdoor orgies i know of tho.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
i used to live in SF. actually just a few blocks away from the hustler club. there's a bunch of festivals w naked ppl walking around in SF. no gay nude parks or outdoor orgies i know of tho.
Yeah... we do have activities and areas where nudity is "tolerated," but the only official nudist spots are Baker Beach and San Gregorio Beach. The way people from elsewhere describe us, though, you'd think it was a veritable Mecca of nakedness! I don't see the big deal, either way, since (unlike the puritans on here) I do not think of the human form as disgusting... it's not appropriate to show your stuff anywhere & anytime, but on a beach or at certain festivals who cares?? I've been to Baker Beach many times, and somehow my eyes survived the experience.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:59 PM

P.S. The only strip club I've been to in my entire life (I'm a straight female, FYI) was the Hustler Club... my bisexual roommate and her lesbian friend took me, and we actually had a great time! I don't have much to compare with, but it seemed like a rather classy joint considering. Of course I was more concerned with their cute shoes than their boobies, but still.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yeah... we do have activities and areas where nudity is "tolerated," but the only official nudist spots are Baker Beach and San Gregorio Beach. The way people from elsewhere describe us, though, you'd think it was a veritable Mecca of nakedness! I don't see the big deal, either way, since (unlike the puritans on here) I do not think of the human form as disgusting... it's not appropriate to show your stuff anywhere & anytime, but on a beach or at certain festivals who cares?? I've been to Baker Beach many times, and somehow my eyes survived the experience.
i find the belief that SF is a den of hedonism to be more amusing than anything. i actually enjoy being in sexually deviant cities, but i wouldn't rank SF much different other US cities, a pretty boring place IMO. i have a feeling the BM's who believe SF is bad would have a heart attack or something if they spent a night with me in one of my preferred cities.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:28 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,509 times
San Francisco has been my favorite cities for a long time and I go there about twice a year.... if anything, this enhances my feelings even more

Pole dancing is played out, especially because it is so mainstream

Old 04-15-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
San Francisco has been my favorite cities for a long time and I go there about twice a year.... if anything, this enhances my feelings even more

Pole dancing is played out, especially because it is so mainstream
I know, right? Pole dancing is soooo 2008, and lost all its "dirtiness" the minute housewives started signing up for pole-dancing workout classes.

Amazon.com: pole dancing dvd

Old 04-15-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
i find the belief that SF is a den of hedonism to be more amusing than anything. i actually enjoy being in sexually deviant cities, but i wouldn't rank SF much different other US cities, a pretty boring place IMO. i have a feeling the BM's who believe SF is bad would have a heart attack or something if they spent a night with me in one of my preferred cities.
I don't know if I'd call SF boring, but it certainly isn't the hedonistic resort they make it out to be! For the most part it's like any other city, just with better weather (or worse, if you're the type who loves sun/heat) and nicer views than some.

Btw, what does "BM" stand for in your post? Racking my brain, but I can't come up with anything - besides bowel movements, LOL.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:39 PM

board member
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies