Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 01:00 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Does anybody think that the national debt, the unpaid laibilities of SS and medicare/ medicaid and our interventionist foreign policies matter more than what some musician says?

Why are 80% of the threads on this forum are concerning crap that does not matter?
Agreed but plenty of other topics addressing your and my concerns about whats important, however this topic is about Ted Nugent and if we start turning the topic to your other interests we'll be cited for being off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 01:05 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Today Ted Nugent is being interviewed by the Secret Service. And I’m sure Ted is delusional enough to think it’s going to turn into a job interview. After all, Ted himself is a “duly sworn” law enforcement officer. Ted, you and your “law enforcement” fantasies have nothing to do with people like the agents in the Secret Service. People like you are an embarrassment to them... and it’s not easy to embarrass the Secret Service right now. What is Ted Nugent going to tell the Secret Service? Guys! There’s no need to pay for hookers—just find an underage girl and convince her parents to make you her guardian! Ted’s opinion spewing is a lot like his guitar playing—he figures that if it’s loud and discordant enough, people will think it’s good.
Randi Rhodes

Old 04-20-2012, 01:08 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
To add
I wont knock his guitar playing,he has a gift in that department but other than that is this guy really the shining example of rightwing virtues and morality?,Is this the guy the right want to hold up as their poster child for where we want this countries attitudes to go?Do people really want to cast their votes for a Presidential candidate who ascribes to Nugents way of thinking?If so the moral/ethical fabric of the country is diminishing more rapidly than i thought.
No...not so much. He's a circus act,
but he's kinda cool in his way.
Does anyone think he really threatened
to kill the President? Really?

Old 04-20-2012, 02:36 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
No...not so much. He's a circus act,
but he's kinda cool in his way.
Does anyone think he really threatened
to kill the President? Really?

His diatribe was certainly bordering on the suggestion that harm to the President and his government was a possible forthcoming scenario.
Did he really threaten to kill the President? He didnt go quite that far but he certainly gave me the impression that he wouldnt mind if some one else did.
As for him doing something that would get him killed or jailed?Just a lot of hateful rightie hot air from some one who is basically a coward and doesnt really have the guts to carry out anything he might have been suggesting.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:48 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As for him doing something that would get him killed or jailed?
Yeah, hot air, but effective in front of a crowd of gun fanatics.

I could see Ted insinuating something like - "If they're going to take my gun ... they'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hand".

Hence - Killed or in Jail.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:25 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,194,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He is now a bigger hero than ever to the Tea Baggers and all the other assorted low information, high emotion conservatives who listen to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and FOX News.
I miss the good ol' days of G Gordon Liddy telling us patriots to go for a headshot whenever federal agents show up at your door. This whole gee those federales sure are swell thing is lame-o.

A real 2nd amendment champion wouldn't have his nose shoved up the transverse colon of the secret service or any fed agent. The Nuge is a huge wuss.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:03 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
he engages in various sexual acts with wild animals,
That's not a nice thing to say about Courtney...

Old 04-21-2012, 05:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Sorry, but if anyything, it sounds like Nugent's referring to Obama's gun-grabbing that's in the works for his 2nd term, and Nugents willing to fight to the death for it.

He's an idiot. Moving on.

Too bad Nugent wasn't willing to fight to the death using a gun when our country needed him. He can leave now.

Ted Nugent: Vietnam Draft Dodger - YouTube

Old 04-21-2012, 05:59 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Yeah, hot air, but effective in front of a crowd of gun fanatics.

I could see Ted insinuating something like - "If they're going to take my gun ... they'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hand".

Hence - Killed or in Jail.
How about Nugent's comments about telling Obama to suck his machine gun?

DNC's Ted Nugent Mitt Romney Attack Ad - YouTube

Old 04-21-2012, 06:44 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
So ... Ted Nugent Threatened to Assassinate President Obama?

We're not sure how else to take this remark from the nutjob guitarist and Romney-endorser: "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year."

So ... Ted Nugent Threatened to Assassinate President Obama? [Updated: Secret Service Is On It] -- Daily Intel
Usually you just post links and say nothing. That was smart of you, go back to your old ways for all of our sakes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies