Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 01:57 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,106,655 times

Advertisements

Mitt or Barack? Mitt says Obama is because he is in the WhiteHouse. Obama says Mitt is because he's wealthy.

The 2012 Presidential Election: Is Obama or Romney the one who is out of touch? - Slate Magazine

The Bubble Wars

One way to think about the 2012 presidential campaign is as a battle between two houses: Barack Obama's White House and Mitt Romney's San Diego house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 01:58 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Who cares. They are both sock puppets that do as they are told. Interestingly, their donors are very similar

Old 04-17-2012, 02:01 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,514,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Who cares. They are both sock puppets that do as they are told. Interestingly, their donors are very similar
I really have to agree with you. Also, I don't think there's a big difference between Obama and Romney.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:05 PM

566 posts, read 958,106 times
Mitt is more out of touch. He has $250+ million in the bank and has been around nothing but wealthy individuals/families and Wall Street types his entire life.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:07 PM

639 posts, read 828,114 times
depends which one's Teleprompter is running smoother...

Old 04-17-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I really have to agree with you. Also, I don't think there's a big difference between Obama and Romney.
There isn't one single difference. The same Fortune 100 corporations donate to their campaigns and the same lobbyists visit them. Also, their Cabinet positions are always filled with big bank executives like Goldman Sachs

Old 04-17-2012, 02:08 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,463 times
They are the two sides of the same coin.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
Mitt is more out of touch. He has $250+ million in the bank and has been around nothing but wealthy individuals/families and Wall Street types his entire life.
And Obama, who hosts $40k a plate dinners, regularly meets with industry lobbyists who are rich and powerful does? Get a clue, Obama is surrounded by Wall St. just as much as Mitt is

Old 04-17-2012, 02:15 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Mitt or Barack? Mitt says Obama is because he is in the WhiteHouse. Obama says Mitt is because he's wealthy.

The 2012 Presidential Election: Is Obama or Romney the one who is out of touch? - Slate Magazine

The Bubble Wars

One way to think about the 2012 presidential campaign is as a battle between two houses: Barack Obama's White House and Mitt Romney's San Diego house.

Let's see a guy that makes about 20 million dollars a year MOSTLY FROM CAPITAL GAINS. Has Swiss bank accounts and money in blind trusts. Then sits down with a group of unemployed people and says "Yea I know what is like to be unemployed" and LAUGHS ABOUT IT.

Who's dad was the CEO of an auto company and the governor of a state, and who attended the best prep schools in his area. A person who has never known what it is like to worry about paying a utility bill, car payment or buying groceries for his family.

Who' along with his wife has three houses she can CHOOSE to live in whenever she wants, and who laments having maids, cooks and other household staff has caused her to "struggle raising five kids without ever having to work outside her home a day in her life.

Who goes on a national cable show ands says "I don't care about poor people the social safety net is fine for them."

Who during a campaign rally says "Corporations ARE PEOPLE TOO!" and actually gets upset at somebody for disagreeing with him.

Who tells people "I don't really follow NASCAR but I'm friends with some of the owners".

Sorry but Mitt is one out of touch individual
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies