Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:15 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times

Advertisements

You are all missing the cause of the decline of the USA. The country has a TOXIC culture. This is nothing new at all it's just getting harder to deal with as the population has grown to over 300 million people. The history of the country plays a part in the whole mess also. America was founded by a rebellion and Americans as a whole have been rebels ever since. The entire rugged individualism concept of the American person breeds a tendency of people who do what they want regardless of how it effects others. The entire concept of Americanism is opposed to cooperation and is very comfortable with confrontation instead. The obsession with individual rights takes the rights away from all who are weaker. AS other western countries advance through compromise, the USA declines through incompromise. The government is disfunctional at all levels. The political class is rotten through and through. It matters not what party they are from. It's the system that is at fault. Never forget the country operated on the SPOILS system for a long time openly and still does covertly. It's actually a miracle that the USA has been a success for as long as it has. I attribute that more to the countries geographic location and the basic Eurocentric culture it started off with, without the problem of strong and well armed neighbours who are unfriendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 11:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
You are all missing the cause of the decline of the USA. The country has a TOXIC culture. This is nothing new at all it's just getting harder to deal with as the population has grown to over 300 million people. The history of the country plays a part in the whole mess also. America was founded by a rebellion and Americans as a whole have been rebels ever since. The entire rugged individualism concept of the American person breeds a tendency of people who do what they want regardless of how it effects others. The entire concept of Americanism is opposed to cooperation and is very comfortable with confrontation instead. The obsession with individual rights takes the rights away from all who are weaker. AS other western countries advance through compromise, the USA declines through incompromise. The government is disfunctional at all levels. The political class is rotten through and through. It matters not what party they are from. It's the system that is at fault. Never forget the country operated on the SPOILS system for a long time openly and still does covertly. It's actually a miracle that the USA has been a success for as long as it has. I attribute that more to the countries geographic location and the basic Eurocentric culture it started off with, without the problem of strong and well armed neighbours who are unfriendly.
interesting perception. i have been watching walking dead series. the americans become slowly like the bedouin people of the mideast. their values and ethics slowly change. social justice much more ruthless. just like the mideast. circumstances & limited resources dictate our system of justice .

Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
What is happening to America? Is it going to get better or worse anytime soon?

"The following are 25 signs that America is a seething cesspool of filth and corruption….

#1 The men and women of the Secret Service are supposed to be the best of the best. Instead, they have become a national embarrassment. 11 members of the U.S. Secret Service are under investigation for consorting with prostitutesin Colombia. Reportedly, several of the Secret Service agents that hired prostitutes were married.

#2 Our financial institutions are filled with cheats and liars. 2011 and 2012 have been absolutely horrible years for natural disasters in the United States. At a time when homeowners need their insurance companies more than ever, many insurance companies are systematically trying to weasel out of payouts and are trying to shift as much liability over to homeowners as possible. The following is from a recent Reuters article….

[MOD CUT/copyright]

25 Signs That America Is A Seething Cesspool Of Filth And Corruption - BlackListedNews.com

Saw this elsewhere. Get ready for the usual detractors (if they haven't already done so, since I haven't read all of the posts yet) to down play everything as being hunky dory!

Old 04-19-2012, 09:54 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Agreed. How can we admonish other countries for corruption, when our own society is shot thru and thru with it? Including our own Diebolt-rigged elections.
Well said!

Old 04-19-2012, 10:59 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
I was shocked that homosexuals did not get scapegoated for something in the top 25.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:24 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,680 times
Activist Post: 18 Venn diagrams showing how corrupted American ‘democracy’ really is

Old 04-19-2012, 05:35 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Agreed only partially. Radical Islam IS a problem and MUST be dealt with ... but only after we fix the more local problems within our own nation. After that we need to deal with the Mexican border/drug cartel problem (and no just legalizing drugs isent going to make them *poof* vanish). Then we can go deal with Radical Islam.

Like LifelongMOgal I would also have added the F&F scandal as well as the NBPP voter intimidation scandal and Obama's various embarrassing and un-presidential acts (ie: living like royalty [trips and extravagant lifestyle as Americans make less and less money and take fewer and fewer vacations], acting like a king, etc)
Every time I read "Obama is acting like a King." I puke a little in my mouth. Normally it's after they say he bowed too low to some foreign leader. So, is he the ultimate bowing, snivveling douchebag, or a lordly, "You can't touch this. I'm so awesome." kind of king.

**** In My Pants response: "Puke In My Mouth" -MsTaken.com - YouTube

Old 04-20-2012, 01:33 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Are you sure he said that about keeping unemployment below 8%? I thought so too, but I went to look for that quote and couldn't find it on the net.

Agree with the op, the crime syndicate is running this country. I've been listening and reading Wayne Madsen today, now that's investigative journalism!
No. HE did not say it. St. Hope and Change NEVER said that. It was Christina Romer and Jared Bernstein who wrote a report about the stimulus bill that said if passed, the unemployment rate would stay under 8%. You could say that it came from the Obama Administration but St. Hope and Change did not make that promise.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:48 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
The ultimate source of our corruption is the incredible lack of logical faculties in humans. The secondary source is our poorly written Constitution that makes it all but certain we would fall into a two party system by not allowing us instant runoff voting where we can put a first preference vote for a third party then a second preference vote for a mainstream party. The electoral college is quite the diaper load as well consigning a great more power to less educated rural people. The education system conservatives have conspired to destroy is up there as well, keeping critical thinking skills the last priority in teaching while making a stink about allowing prayer at football games

Old 04-20-2012, 06:39 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Meanwhile, 90% of America is too busy staring at the shadows on the cave wall aka X-Box, reality TV, Hollywood filth, pop music, sports, etc.

They keep us distracted, meanwhile our entire culture is turned upside down, and nobody even notices....why should they, "The Gilmore Girls" was on!
Even back in the time of Nero they knew that if they gave the multitudes bread and circuses they could rule them without complaint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies