Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:23 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Being an older person, I view this subject with the eye of having witnessed the slow and incremental "normalization" of this tiny bit of the population...to the point where today...if you are approached by a woman...and you reject her..there is the assumption that one is gay...This bench mark of judgement is becoming more and more common.

Yes with this liberal democracy we live in and the push toward utter equality has created an atmosphere that is artificial....I believe that the author of this thread is just perturbed that media is over representing this sub-group..and by doing so give the impression of a recruitment agenda...and worried about the future..

Do these types of ads push those over the edge into a life of homosexuality?

They just might...Young persons with no sexual experience might because the political and economic normalization of gay..and lesbian..may cause a young person to experiment and get caught in a trap..where they are sexually and emotionally confused...personally...I say..let nature take it's course...to manipulate the population through any form of sexuality..is selfish social engineering that does not benefit the public.
Very well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 10:23 AM

613 posts, read 759,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Being an older person, I view this subject with the eye of having witnessed the slow and incremental "normalization" of this tiny bit of the population...to the point where today...if you are approached by a woman...and you reject her..there is the assumption that one is gay...This bench mark of judgement is becoming more and more common.

Yes with this liberal democracy we live in and the push toward utter equality has created an atmosphere that is artificial....I believe that the author of this thread is just perturbed that media is over representing this sub-group..and by doing so give the impression of a recruitment agenda...and worried about the future..

Do these types of ads push those over the edge into a life of homosexuality?

They just might...Young persons with no sexual experience might because the political and economic normalization of gay..and lesbian..may cause a young person to experiment and get caught in a trap..where they are sexually and emotionally confused...personally...I say..let nature take it's course...to manipulate the population through any form of sexuality..is selfish social engineering that does not benefit the public.
HA-ha! You are very funny, man!

Come on now, a picture is not going to make someone gay or not gay!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:25 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
One Million Moms Slams Urban Outfitters for Lesbian Ad in April Catalogue | Video | TheBlaze.com

But they aren't trying to shove acceptance down our throats.

One Million Moms is right on this, but I don't think they were right about be outraged because JCP made Ellen their spokes person. That's way over board. But this is just not okay.
Totally agree with you. You sound very mature and reasonable.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:26 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Not really. The OP story tells of a Boycott on Urban Outfitters; i.e., a group encouraging others to not shop at a store. They are not demanding the ad be removed as some are trying to imply.
They aren't demanding it to be removed because they tried that with JC Penney's and became a laughing stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Which is fine.

However, the crux of the issue is this:

Why?

Why boycott a harmless kiss?

ARe people that freaking stupid?
Because the group is rabidly anti-homosexual.

They just keep spinning up ways to get upset.

And we keep spinning up ways to poke fun at them.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:27 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
HA-ha! You are very funny, man!

Come on now, a picture is not going to make someone gay or not gay!
Not exactly.

A picture may rumble up feelings that would've otherwise been ignored.

So man who would otherwise consider himself straight might find guys who very convicingly dress up as women as hot as regular girls.

Yes, it's just a man's latent bisexuality coming to surface, but if he didn't see the picture, he could've ignored it!

Or some sort of idiocy like that.

Seriously, I got nothing.

That line of thinking is stupid as balls.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:27 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Not really. The OP story tells of a Boycott on Urban Outfitters; i.e., a group encouraging others to not shop at a store. They are not demanding the ad be removed as some are trying to imply. (I had started a thread before this one took off that actually had the boycott more of the focus. It got deleted.)
You are incorrect. They are demanding the ad be removed.

One Million Moms.com - Issue details (http://onemillionmoms.com/IssueDetail.asp?id=450 - broken link)

Quote:
Please send an email letter urging Urban Outfitters to discontinue this ad and immediately stop the circulation of the catalog with the two women kissing...

Old 04-18-2012, 10:31 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Totally agree with you. You sound very mature and reasonable.
I rest my case.

Yup - rather than encouraging open-mindedness and acceptance, let's compliment a young person because she is growing up to be a narrow-minded bigot.

Good job!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:32 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
There is no hate in my heart. It really bugs me when people who make money through media...will stick anything in your face to hopefully make a profit..This ad...is generated by common greed....worst of all---It is NOT gays or lesbians who push this stuff...It is shrewd business types...From what I have seen..lesbians and gays don't like to have their "community" used.

Men who get a kick out of two woman getting it on...usually have some weakness in sexual drive...and need the unusual bit of kink to bring up their interest...It's just a cheap shot...not to be concerned about...Just like the Ellen fans..who mistakenly view her as some strong woman that does not need a man...and is very successful............Mean while Ellen behaves like a sexist power mongering male...Here very attractive girl friends are all straight..who go with her for the money and status...so ironic...a lesbian who behaves like a rich guy who buys his woman.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:34 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Again:

Why?
I just think that our culture is sexualized enough by heterosexuals, let alone homosexuals. That's all. It's not that I'm a homophobic, or that see gay PDA bothers me. It's just I think that putting it in a magazine on the 2nd page where you know that everyone who gets the mag is going to see it, is kinda messed up.

I do love their clothes though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Actually, OP is a homeschooled seventeen-year-old girl looking for something to be outraged about.

She's probably never seen that magazine (I'm not familiar with it either) but most likely saw a thread about this outrageous (sarcasm) ad on the Million Moms website and thought she'd bring her outrage here, hoping to get the pats on the backs that some conservative adults here routinely give to her.
Your hate makes me giggle

So I guess because you haven't seen it than I can't posible have seen it. I have read the magazine while sitting in a waiting room. I didn't see this issue though. I read the story and thought it was interesting. I've never been on the Million Moms website. Read it on the blaze. You know..... the link I used. lol.

I think it's hilarious that every time you talk about me you point out that I'm 17 and homeschooled, proving that it bothers you. Why don't you just put me on your ignore list and get on with your miserable life?

Old 04-18-2012, 10:34 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
One Million Moms Slams Urban Outfitters for Lesbian Ad in April Catalogue | Video | TheBlaze.com

But they aren't trying to shove acceptance down our throats.

One Million Moms is right on this, but I don't think they were right about be outraged because JCP made Ellen their spokes person. That's way over board. But this is just not okay.
Good pic. But warn people about opening a Blaze thing. They bombard you with ads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies