Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:54 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times

Advertisements

OH BUT THE ECONOMY IS ROARING BACK!!! LMAO... I see the actual economy every day in my business and it's still stagnate. It's not going to get better any time soon. Only an absolute blind idiot would believe we are heading out of this black hole we have been put in,.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
By what metric do you conclude "We are no better off now then 4 years ago?" Every economic indicator is up; the Iraq War is over; bin Laden is dead.
I no sooner said it and there he is...

Old 04-18-2012, 08:10 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
OH BUT THE ECONOMY IS ROARING BACK!!! LMAO... I see the actual economy every day in my business and it's still stagnate. It's not going to get better any time soon. Only an absolute blind idiot would believe we are heading out of this black hole we have been put in,.
Nobody said "roaring back" but you. But it is indeed curious that the GOP tries to stop every economy boosting initiative of Obama, then complains that improvement isn't fast enough.

Yet, in spite of GOP obstruction, the economy is far better than it was four years ago. Then, the economy was going off the cliff and job losses were nearly 1 million per month. Now we have job gains every month -- they're not as many as I'd like, but it's better than what it was.

I know it undermines your desire to believe everything is worse under Obama, but facts are facts:

Consumer Confidence in U.S. Holds Close to One-Year High - Bloomberg

Factory Orders Rebound - WSJ.com

Old 04-18-2012, 08:12 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
This is just hilarious; trying to convince Americans Every thing is someone else's fault except Obama & his (failed policies). How can he stand there with a 'straight' face?? ANS: This individual has no conscience.
How about you grow a set and first outline how his policies have influenced anything and failed. You're seem to be pretty adamant that the rest of the world is wrong, but you haven't proven your thesis to be correct.

Basically, you'd get an F in grade school with that post.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Nobody said "roaring back" but you. But it is indeed curious that the GOP tries to stop every economy boosting initiative of Obama, then complains that improvement isn't fast enough.

Yet, in spite of GOP obstruction, the economy is far better than it was four years ago. Then, the economy was going off the cliff and job losses were nearly 1 million per month. Now we have job gains every month -- they're not as many as I'd like, but it's better than what it was.

I know it undermines your desire to believe everything is worse under Obama, but facts are facts:

Well then GREAT!!! This is the time for YOU to start your own business and jump on with the rest of us that are already in business getting rich off the booming economy. Factory orders rebound? Laughable.. I haul what factories produce. Freight is slower now than it was even 6 months ago. If they are producing it, it is still sitting in their warehouses, because it isn't moving to market. This "recovery" is a manipulation of numbers game and my business is all the proof I need. I have been in business since 1986 and have withstood recessions before. I can spot a recovery, but this isn't one.... Plain and simple, the numbers are cooked.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:23 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:

That's odd. As I recall the great orator promised if the stimulus was passed unemployment would not go above 8%. I guess just chalk that up to yet another lie from your hero. Anyone who thinks the economy is better than it was four years ago is beyond blind.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:28 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
How about you grow a set and first outline how his policies have influenced anything and failed. You're seem to be pretty adamant that the rest of the world is wrong, but you haven't proven your thesis to be correct.

Basically, you'd get an F in grade school with that post.
Boy is that old expression true, you really can't fix it, can you?

Old 04-18-2012, 08:29 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
That's odd. As I recall the great orator promised if the stimulus was passed unemployment would not go above 8%. I guess just chalk that up to yet another lie from your hero. Anyone who thinks the economy is better than it was four years ago is beyond blind.
Another one of the GOP's dishonest claims:

PolitiFact Ohio | John Boehner says Obama promised the stimulus would keep unemployment below 8 percent
Quote:
PolitiFact could find no evidence of anyone in the administration making a public pledge that the stimulus would keep the unemployment rate below 8 percent.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:50 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,890 times
Quote:

Unfortunately, not one single one of Obama's initiatives is responsible for improvements in the economy. The economy is leveling off just as if nothing would have been done. That was shown by computer models of the economy nearly 4 years ago. For that matter, why did Obama wait till 3 years after he took office to come up with a "jobs bill"? First, take care of the rest, then maybe we can come up with a little time to try to placate the little people... The ones that don't really count.

Where I am, a few people are finding jobs, but there are just as many that are still losing jobs. Other people that still have jobs are not switching employers because there is nowhere to switch to. I have seen the economy leveled off just as was predicted 3 years ago. I'd like to say that the "turn around" is just around the corner, but I can not say that.

Oh, yeah... I don't see anything better in Romney's promises either.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
Unfortunately, not one single one of Obama's initiatives is responsible for improvements in the economy. The economy is leveling off just as if nothing would have been done. That was shown by computer models of the economy nearly 4 years ago. For that matter, why did Obama wait till 3 years after he took office to come up with a "jobs bill"? First, take care of the rest, then maybe we can come up with a little time to try to placate the little people... The ones that don't really count.

Where I am, a few people are finding jobs, but there are just as many that are still losing jobs. Other people that still have jobs are not switching employers because there is nowhere to switch to. I have seen the economy leveled off just as was predicted 3 years ago. I'd like to say that the "turn around" is just around the corner, but I can not say that.

Oh, yeah... I don't see anything better in Romney's promises either.
Agreed....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies