Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 09:56 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
This was taken 3 minutes after the gunshot genius......

Looks like pretty damning evidence that Zimmerman was getting his butt kicked and that stand your ground will apply.

Maybe not. This morning, after the bond hearing, legal pundits were discussing the fact that by following Martin without provocation, Zimmerman may have voided his right to use SYG.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:57 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
I suggest you look up Alan Dershowitz and his analysis of the affidavit. The special prosecutor made a political move by charging murder 2.

There isn't enough evidence for it.
I agree with this.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:58 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Every parent knows that a cut on the head is going to bleed - a lot. They always look at lot worse than they actually are.

I don't see any open wounds on Zimmerman's head - once cleaned up, they disappeared. His head certainly doesn't fit the description of "being beaten to a bloody pulp."
It does support his story that his head was being slammed into the concrete. If it wasn't done with any force or if it had just rubbed across the concrete, he would have had an abrasion versus cuts. In addition, you can seriously injure your head without it ever bleeding. Closed head injuries are very serious. You don't have to have gushing wounds to be beaten, and these photos do support his claim.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:58 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
At my size (aka, tiny)? I'm more likely to video tape something rather than become directly involved in a tussle between strangers I don't know. I keep on my person at all times a device capable of recording in full 1080p (even in the dark) and about 10GB free on said device.

I'm part of my neighborhood watch. Doesn't mean I'm going to sacrifice my health and safety. You can be a part of a neighborhood watch and not act like an idiotic vigilante.

By driving in the same direction and seeing if he pops back out? By driving neighboring streets? Any number of ways to follow a person who is on foot.

And Zimmerman was stupid for exiting his vehicle and following a random, suspicious individual.
While your stature has been established and the chain of events that you would have followed as well.... it still has nothing to do with this case.

Zimmerman had every right to exit his vehicle.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:59 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
Quote:
Maybe not. This morning, after the bond hearing, legal pundits were discussing the fact that by following Martin without provocation, Zimmerman may have voided his right to use SYG.

He still would have rights to use the normal self defense law to defend himself even if stand your ground didn't apply.

HUGE PROBLEM HERE

Investigator testified that the state had no evidence to support who started the confrontation.... IE they can't refute it.

They supported his self defense claim today.... the prosecution that is.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Did he require stitches?

No?

Then it wasn't that bad.

I've had a head wound (head first into a Jeep's sunroof when it rolled) and I bled like crazy (but, unlike Zimmerman, I did require stitches.....and a trip to the E.R.).

Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
Quote:
For me, this is the key issue in the case.

Normal self-defense is not clear either. Who was defending himself? Martin or Zimmerman?

Old 04-20-2012, 10:02 AM

628 posts, read 1,316,394 times
Quote:
Except for one small detail: Getting out of your car and following someone on a single one time basis is NOT against the law.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:03 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
It does support his story that his head was being slammed into the concrete. If it wasn't done with any force or if it had just rubbed across the concrete, he would have had an abrasion versus cuts. In addition, you can seriously injure your head without it ever bleeding. Closed head injuries are very serious. You don't have to have gushing wounds to be beaten, and these photos do support his claim.
Sure they are! And you don't just go off to your home. You get medical treatment. My daughter skiied into a tree and had to get an MRI, take a week off work, etc.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:04 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,174,301 times
Quote:
While your stature has been established and the chain of events that you would have followed as well.... it still has nothing to do with this case.

Zimmerman had every right to exit his vehicle.
Of course he had every right to exit his vehicle.

He had every right to follow the person.

It was still stupid of him to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies