Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 01:11 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,548,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Zimmerman was walking back to his car when Trayvon attacked him.
On the face of it, this is absurd. He shouldn't have even been at the location of the shooting if this were the case.

Quote:
I guess some cop an attitude when maybe asked what they are doing while in a residential area (that had seen a plethora of burglaries from black youth) they don't belong in.
Yes, because Martin didn't "belong" on a sidewalk walking back to the house he was staying in. And there had been a few burglaries by black people, and Martin was black, so obviously he should be okay with random strangers walking up and questioning him based entirely on skin color, a which is obviously not racist at all.

Gimme a break. All this argument does is make Zimmerman from a creepy person, into a creepy racist person.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:12 PM

96 posts, read 81,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
When I have come across images from yesteryear of Blacks who had been lynched, hanging from trees lifeless and some burned/mutilated, I used to wonder about all of the other people in the pictures. You know the ones. The other people in those pictures would be grinning, pointing, laughing at the dead bodies.

No need to wonder any longer. I know exactly who those people were/are and who they would be if they had the Internet in those days.

Praying for justice to prevail for Trayvon Martin and for ALL innocent victims of violence.
It was an awful thing that happened long long ago. You have to get rid of that chip on your shoulder, you will never get rid of the racist attitude that you carry that is so very obvious.

Did you mean you are praying for "ALL" innocent victims or only black ones?

Old 04-20-2012, 01:13 PM

25,877 posts, read 16,591,624 times
Well, Zimmerman apologized for the killing today so much for the gun nuts using him as their poster child.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:13 PM

1,332 posts, read 996,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
He was beaten to a bloody pulp and lucky to be alive??? Yet he managed to take pics of himself??? This really doesn't make any sense. And if he were really that bad off wouldn't the cops have taken him to the ER first instead of the police station. And if there were really pics you better believe that they would already be posted somewhere. There is so much that we don't know about this case and everyone is speculating. I feel bad for both families.
From a different point of view....if Martin did jump Zimmerman for rollowing him, and punched him in the face...then the case is over. Zimmerman should be acquitted...because according to the 'STAND YOUR GROUND' law, Zimmerman had a right to defend himself.

The only real question is....DID Trayvon Martin attack Zimmerman. Period. It makes no difference at all how severe Zimmerman's wounds were...the law doesn't care about that. It matters if Zimmerman was defending himself. If he was....he goes home...and it doesn't matter if anyone likes it or not...that is the LAW. Public opinion does not and SHOULD not dictate guilt....no matter how much people like Jackso and sharpton try to fuel the fires.

Like you...I feel bad for both families. I think that Zimmerman felt like he was doing a good thing being on neighborhood watch. I don't think he ever had an inkling that he would be pulling a gun that night and using it. I think he got scared when Martin jumped him (if that proves out to be the case) and feared for his life. I don't think racism has a damned thing to do with it as others here do.

I think this is a tragedy...but everyone..needs to let the law do it's job.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:14 PM

1,332 posts, read 996,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, Zimmerman apologized for the killing today so much for the gun nuts using him as their poster child.
that is an ignorant thing to say. congratulations.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:15 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,574,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
It was an awful thing that happened long long ago. You have to get rid of that chip on your shoulder, you will never get rid of the racist attitude that you carry that is so very obvious.

Did you mean you are praying for "ALL" innocent victims or only black ones?
I wrote ALL. Was that not clear?

Unlike certain people, I have a respect for the lives of all people regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:17 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,085,852 times
The state said today that they had no evidence that GZ was the aggressor. That is a huge problem for the prosecution.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:18 PM

190 posts, read 498,952 times
Quote:
instead of "he said, he said," it's going to be a case of "he said, he......can't say."
No, but the eye witness who saw Zimmerman on the ground being pounded CAN.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:19 PM

90,296 posts, read 120,998,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
Let's talk about the call with his girlfriend. If he felt threatened he should have hung up and called 911 or told his girlfriend to, he did neither.
Monday morning quarterbacking!

Quote:
Yeah, political. According to Dershowitz, it was her DUTY to include the picture in the evidence.

Dershowitz Blasts Zimmerman Prosecution: 'Not Only Immoral, But Stupid'

Your "version" of events is false.

He was the neighborhood watchman, looking into people that don't belong in the neighborhood is one of his duties.

I don't think he started the fight..sounds like trayvon sucker punched him and then proceeded to beat on him some more.

The PICTURES corroborate what Zimmerman said all along.
Home - National Neighborhood Watch Institute

Our Participants Handbook states, "Always remember that your responsibility is to report crime. Do not take any risks to prevent a crime or try to make an arrest. The responsibility for apprehending criminals belongs to the police/sheriff."

Neighborhood Watch participants act as additional eyes and ears for law enforcement.
They do not take the law into their own hands.
We Look Out For Each Other is our motto.

He was not supposed to be following Trayvon. He called the police. His neighborhood watch duties were over.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:19 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,964,026 times
Quote:
My god, where are you getting this BS?

Zimmerman's gun was not visible.

"they" as in the "punks" that had burgled the neighborhood many times in the recent past.

He SHOT trayvon AFTER getting punched to the ground and then beaten bloody.

Zimmerman was not the aggressor, he was doing his duty as NW captain.

The 9/11 operator knew no such thing, said no such thing and just asked him not to follow the stranger in the neighborhood.

No, he sounded like a reasonable man looking after his neighborhood.
Yes, a reasonable man who shoots somebody with a bag of Skittles dead.

Do you guys even listen to yourself? Holy mother of GOD. You are looking for ANY possible excuse to back up Zimmerman.

Look at those cuts on his head! He was obviously beaten! He had no choice but to shoot!!

Trayvon had been suspended from school!! So of COURSE he was up to no good!!!! Zimmerman was just protecting his neighborhood!

What was a BLACK kid doing in that community anyway???! He was looking to rob a house, so of course Zimmerman has to shoot him!!!

It's beyond pathetic. I really want to reserve judgement on Zimmerman but it is very difficult when the case is clearly stacked against him, and there are racist scum out there defending, to the end of the DAMNED earth, the killing of a black teenager.

Sure, you don't think it's racism, but it clearly is. Black teen = aggressor, White man = victim, even though the white man had a gun and shot the back teen dead. Makes sense, right? Zimmerman is clearly the victim. Innocent. Had no choice. Did the world a favor...

City-Data is a really good place to come when you want to lose all faith in humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies