Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 08:11 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,825 times

Advertisements

What happened is that Zimmerman lied and said he lost his old passport when he hadn't and was issued a new one. Someone told me today that the passport he turned in was the one he claimed he lost. I haven't seen any evidence of that.

The hearing in April was to set bond, requested by Zimmerman's attorney. The State asked the court to set no bond. The amount of money you have is a major consideration in determining bond, based on your ability to pay, the severity of the crime, whether or not you are a flight risk. Zimmerman lied about that too, claiming he was indigent when he had at that time about $200K, and his attorney stood before the judge and made representations that have now turned out to be false.

In today's hearing, the court saw transcripts of jail house tapes of conversations between Zimmerman and his wife where Zimmerman guided his wife where the put money and the two spoke in a a particular code, heard statements about the passports, and revoked his bond.

Zimmerman's attorney is going to try to get bond set again, but the Judge will consider the prior false statements of Zimmerman and Zimmerman's wife.

Florida's criminal system is doing just fine. Zimmerman has a fine attorney, is bringing in another one that is also a fine attorney. Hopefully some more time in jail will show Zimmerman the error of his ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
You CAN'T have more than ONE valid passport, so someone was being a nut case here.
If you turn in your old passport for a new one they hole punch it and give it back so it can't be used. Some one could have their old one, but it would be worthless.
How much money a person has should have nothing to do with bail IMO. I think the state has no case and are trying to find a way to pin something on George to placate the black community dis-organizers.
It was public knowledge having made national news that Zimmerman had put up a website to ask for defense donations. The fact he got some should not be a minus in anyone's eyes.
This looks like a setup. Florida's criminal system is looking inept and corrupt as time goes by.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:16 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
What happened is that Zimmerman lied and said he lost his old passport when he hadn't and was issued a new one. Someone told me today that the passport he turned in was the one he claimed he lost. I haven't seen any evidence of that.
We don't know if he lied, but he kept both passports. So who knows what he was up to back in 2004? There might be more about GZ than we've learned to date. Anyway, there's no evidence that he lied when he claimed he lost his original passport and requested a replacement. He did lie, however, about the money and he failed to surrender both passports. It's possible he knew he was not supposed to possess 2 U.S. passports and wasn't trying to be sneaky. However, if that's the case, he's not too smart for turning in the one he said he lost. Since he lied about the money and his stories about the night of the shooting keep changing, his credibility is dwindling.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:18 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
For goodness sake the judge bought the defenses version of events in regards to the passport. The Herald article I posted a few pages back shows that. He revoked bail because of the money discrepancy.

So once again folks are going around in circles over items the judge has ruled irrelevant.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:22 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
We don't know if he lied, but he kept both passports. So who knows what he was up to back in 2004? There might be more about GZ than we've learned to date. Anyway, there's no evidence that he lied when he claimed he lost his original passport and requested a replacement. He did lie, however, about the money and he failed to surrender both passports. It's possible he knew he was not supposed to possess 2 U.S. passports and wasn't trying to be sneaky. However, if that's the case, he's not too smart for turning in the one he said he lost. Since he lied about the money and his stories about the night of the shooting keep changing, his credibility is dwindling.
He applied for a passport saying his previous one was lost, that one expires in May '12. The new one arrives and that's the one he turns over to the court. As he is moving he finds the "lost" one and turns it over to his lawyer.

The judge bought the defenses version of events he was miffed at the paypal money.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:24 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
For goodness sake the judge bought the defenses version of events in regards to the passport. The Herald article I posted a few pages back shows that. He revoked bail because of the money discrepancy.

So once again folks ate going around in circles the judge has ruled irrelevant.
Actually, the judge apparently heard and/or saw the tapes on which Zimmerman and his wife were using "coded language" to refer to money and the passport that were in a safety deposit box; I linked that article not long ago. Needless to say, the judge was not as sanguine in his response as you.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:28 PM

812 posts, read 595,468 times
Quote:
That's why I added my previous comment. Yes, if he had the money, it might last for 5 or more years. It's just not that easy to move money around without a trail and if you transfer it illegally, if it's stolen or lost, you can't file a complaint!
I didn't know you were clairvoyant.
Well Nancy I wouldn't say I am clairvoyant I would only say analytically astute, -which of course you are not!

Old 06-01-2012, 08:36 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Well Nancy I wouldn't say I am clairvoyant I would only say analytically astute, -which of course you are not!

Old 06-01-2012, 08:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He applied for a passport saying his previous one was lost, that one expires in May '12. The new one arrives and that's the one he turns over to the court. As he is moving he finds the "lost" one and turns it over to his lawyer.

The judge bought the defenses version of events he was miffed at the paypal money.
Totally false. He applied for the new passport in 2004. That's why his 2nd passport expires in 2014. I will try to find another source, since I already pasted a link to a TV news channel. He just found the old one when he was moving? Huh?

By the way, he DID NOT turn in the new one. He turned in the old one and kept the one that doesn't expire until 2014. I will try to find another link. That's probably why he got caught, since the old one was reported lost. I already said he could have just been under a lot of stress and made a mistake, but why did he keep 2 U.S. passports, one issued in 2002 and another issued in 2004. It's confusing, since I thought the replacement should have the same expiration date as the original which is 10 years.

[URL="http://www.10news.com/news/31139723/detail.html"]HERE[/URL]

and

[URL="http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/01/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html"]HERE[/URL]

"In court documents, State Attorney Angela B. Corey also said that Zimmerman had two passports, and the passport that he surrendered to the court at the April hearing was one that Zimmerman had reported stolen on March 8, 2004. That passport was valid until May 2012, Corey said. Zimmerman was issued a second passport on March 26, 2004, and that one is valid until 2014, she said."

Last edited by justNancy; 06-01-2012 at 08:49 PM..

Old 06-01-2012, 08:45 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I knew the word 'malice' wasn't in the murder 2 law. Since you, despite sitting through murder trials from beginning to end, weren't sure, I simply wanted to give the language. If you look up malice in law you'll see it's similar to language in sub. 2.
My post was to EdwardA in response to his post saying that the state was required to prove malice as one of the elements of 2nd degree murder. Implying that you are a lawyer yourself, you know that "similar to" is not the same as.

You seem to be looking pretty hard to try to find something to discredit me. Why? You wouldn't be on Zimm's defense team or friends with Zimm and his defense team, would you?

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 06-01-2012 at 09:20 PM..

Old 06-01-2012, 08:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Totally false. He applied for the new passport in 2004. That's why his 2nd passport expires in 2014. I will try to find another source, since I already pasted a link to a TV news channel. He just found the old one when he was moving? Huh?

By the way, he DID NOT turn in the new one. He turned in the old one and kept the one that doesn't expire until 2014. I will try to find another link.

HERE

and

HERE

"In court documents, State Attorney Angela B. Corey also said that Zimmerman had two passports, and the passport that he surrendered to the court at the April hearing was one that Zimmerman had reported stolen on March 8, 2004. That passport was valid until May 2012, Corey said. Zimmerman was issued a second passport on March 26, 2004, and that one is valid until 2014, she said."
well said nancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies