Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 05:54 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I never said or suggested that the prosecution doesn't know this info. I asked about it because none of US know about it.
Shame on you for pointing out the truth, lol.

I read it somewhere on the internet, probably here or via a link someone posted here, so you know it's just got to be true. And since at least 3 different people, right here on this thread, repeated the same nonsense more than once, that makes it even more true.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-02-2012 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 06-02-2012, 06:40 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Too bad that's not what happened.
Thats right, Z shot him before he had the opportunity to beat him to death

Old 06-02-2012, 06:51 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
And wrongfully at that.

This has no bearing on the outcome of him defending himself from a thug who attacked him and beat him almost the death.
What do you mean no bearing? He is charged with murdering the guy! I think he cooked his a** with this passport and "indigent" stuff.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:40 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,980,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What do you mean no bearing? He is charged with murdering the guy! I think he cooked his a** with this passport and "indigent" stuff.
I agree. We can argue all we like here, but his entire case hinges on people believing his side of the story and he now appears to have lied to the judge. I don't think a jury will be prone to swallow his tale so easily now and he surely has angered the judge.

He was probably planning to flee, if it came to that, lying about a passport and the money. That makes it sound that he knows he is guilty, that he acted way out of bounds in accosting Trayvon.

Even if this guy fries, it does not bring Trayvon back to his grieving parents.

But it will show some black people that justice is possible in Florida.

I hate the way the police just allowed Zimmerman to roam freely after the murder.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:56 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,227 times
One of the attorney commentators on the local news today said that Zimmerman has "torpedoed" his stand your ground immunity hearing opportunity now.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:58 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
***crickets***

What happened to ALL of the George Zimmerman supporters?

They have been awfully quite since the court has found that GZ willfully lied to the court.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:18 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
Zimmermann thought he could "buy" his way out of this mess

Old 06-02-2012, 10:19 AM

812 posts, read 595,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
***crickets***

They have been awfully quite since the court has found that GZ willfully lied to the court.
For my part I could care less if the man hangs or goes free. I just hope it is justice and not wild eyed racist speculation an whining that prevails. Right now I'm still on the objectivity position of whining. The only thing that would serve for me to reverse that position if I were a juror would be knowledge beyond a reasonable doubt that Z placed a loving fatherly hand on Trayvon. Otherwise he should walk an his liberties have been unjustly trampled by the amped up racism of the Jackson,Sharpton, political black caucus up to and including the racist Obama crowd.
If Zimmerman first laid a hand on that young man I am with Sime, my son is authorized to clean his clock. If Zimmerman was attacked by Trayvon, good night Irene.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:29 AM

17,810 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
If Zimmerman first laid a hand on that young man I am with Sime, my son is authorized to clean his clock. If Zimmerman was attacked by Trayvon, good night Irene.
You need to understand how fights like this usually start. Usually one person (or both) get in each other's face. Then a shoving match ensues and then fisticuffs start.

It is more than likely that this fight began this way because they were strangers, were not conversing, and there was not a third party involved in the incident.

So who is at fault? The guy who first gets in the other guys face? The guy that shoves the other guy out of his personal space? The guy who throws the first punch? The guy who wins the fight?

Zimmerman supportors act as if Zimmerman walked up to Martin and Martin automatically started waling on him. This puts Zimmerman in the best light. Zimmerman is NOT going to say well, I got in his face, or I shoved him, or I swung at him. It is in his best interest not to do so (obviously).

Bottom line is if Zimmerman had left him alone there is no incident. Period.

Last edited by eddie gein; 06-02-2012 at 11:51 AM..

Old 06-02-2012, 10:37 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
***crickets***

No doubt they're off making more donations to poor George's defense fund.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies