Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 04:05 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
There has been no verdict in this case acquitting or convicting Zimmerman.

He was jailed because his bail was revoked because it was discovered that he was intentionally not truthful in the bail hearing. The issue in a bail hearing is whether or not the defendant is a flight risk and whether or not he/she is a danger to him/herself and or society. Lying about finances could certainly be construed as going to whether or not he is a flight risk.

I think liberals advocate for due process....a fair trial.
Do you believe Martin Luther King should have had a fair trial every time he was arrested on trumped up charges?

Old 06-02-2012, 04:10 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Do you believe Martin Luther King should have had a fair trial every time he was arrested on trumped up charges?
We're really comparing a guy that freaked out when he saw a black kid walking down the street to a civil rights hero?

Old 06-02-2012, 04:10 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Their are two sides (or more) of the coin on every political issue. The SYG laws are a political issue for both us "anti-government" people and the "pro-government" people. An example here of someone using the Martin case to attack SYG laws.: Trayvon Martin and Stand Your Ground Laws

The rest of your post I have already addressed. The prosecution of Zimmerman is based on politics, not the facts of the case.
Sorry, I don't see the Martin family and their supporters bringing public attention to this case in order to focus on SYG laws. It should be obvious that the family wanted an investigation of the events which took place that night, and if charges filed, a fair trial in thie case to better understand what happened. The fact that SYG has become a focus is the result of the investigation, and the heightened awareness of that law by the public. I think it was a byproduct of the case, but it was not the focus or "political agenda" by the family who lost their 17 year old son by the shooting. I think their focus was simply wanted to know what happened to their son and why.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
We're really comparing a guy that freaked out when he saw a black kid walking down the street to a civil rights hero?
The legal principles are the same. You do not subject individuals to arrest and trial without due cause. There seems to be a philosophy here that you just arrest people willy-nilly because a trial will set them free if they are innocent. Thank God that normally people are not arrested and subjected to trial without evidence supporting a conviction. Arrest and trial, even if someone is found not guilty, causes great harm to an individual.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Yes, I do. Anyone arrested and then charged with a crime most definitely should have the right to a fair trial. Obviously the key words here are "trumped up"...(no trumped up charges against Zimmerman)..and which arrests are you talking about and how do those arrests compare to the Zimmerman case? I don't recall Martin Luther King ever killing anybody in self defense. You're really, really reaching here with this "example."

Old 06-02-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Yes, I do. Anyone arrested and then charged with a crime most definitely should have the right to a fair trial. Obviously the key words here are "trumped up"...(no trumped up charges against Zimmerman)..and which arrests are you talking about and how do those arrests compare to the Zimmerman case? I don't recall Martin Luther King ever killing anybody in self defense. You're really, really reaching here with this "example."
Let me repeat:

The legal principles are the same. You do not subject individuals to arrest and trial without due cause. There seems to be a philosophy here that you just arrest people willy-nilly because a trial will set them free if they are innocent. Thank God that normally people are not arrested and subjected to trial without evidence supporting a conviction. Arrest and trial, even if someone is found not guilty, causes great harm to an individual

Old 06-02-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
The legal principles are the same. You do not subject individuals to arrest and trial without due cause. There seems to be a philosophy here that you just arrest people willy-nilly because a trial will set them free if they are innocent. Thank God that normally people are not arrested and subjected to trial without evidence supporting a conviction. Arrest and trial, even if someone is found not guilty, causes great harm to an individual.
You are totally wrong about the Zimmerman case being the result of prosecutorial misconduct, ie, charging Zimmerman based solely on political considerations rather than evidence gathered during their investigation. You are ASSUMING things to be true without any real evidence at all. The State has certainly proven that they have evidence they believe supports the charge. There's lots of it in the court file. Have you even attempted to read the documents in the court file, rather than just what the TV talking heads may be saying?

What is "due cause"? Is that a legal term maybe I've never heard?

So because being charged with a crime and tried, even if found not guilty, caused great harm to an individual, do you think the the criminal justice system should just take every accused at his/her word they didn't do it and forego trials?

I see you are evading your comparison of Zimmerman's case to Martin Luther King. I'd be embarrassed about that too.

Repeating nonsense over and over, even using words like "legal principles" does not make it true.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:09 PM

812 posts, read 595,468 times
Quote:
You seem to be the only person pushing the race aspect of this case really hard. Do you think it was "reverse discrimination" that GZ was arrested and charged with a crime, and has a good attorney, and is now scheduled to have a trial by a jury of his peers?

Below are just a few examples of many:

"reverse discrimination"....again. http://www.city-data.com/forum/24572443-post5478.html

"wild eyed racist speculation".....http://www.city-data.com/forum/24570019-post5441.html

"advancement of racism"........http://www.city-data.com/forum/24565668-post5413.htm

"It is a racist drama by black"....http://www.city-data.com/forum/24548392-post5170.html
Wow must have struck a nerve for you to go to that kind of trouble. What I believe is racist has little at all to do with Zimmerman himself. Most folks are so blinded by their own racism it just doesn't register I guess. Like the white racism of a100 years ago it is perceived as the norm as wrong as it may be you might most correctly say it IRS inbred. I guess if you hear daily in the home about the white devil you come to see it as the norm and accept it as the norm

You see it has nothing to do with z he is just the staging point. If it were not for the Sharpton Jackson black caucus racist devils we would not see this case elevated to its current level. Again, the every day egregious black on black crime gets a pass. Just another day in the hood right? Am I wrong? This is the point of the posts you so succinctly and studiously regurgitate. This drama is not about z !it is about the great divide of the open wounds of the past. A self fulfilling prophecy. It is as ingrained as a religion and we are doomed to the finality that will eventually present itself. As one poster stated here this man will not get justice whether or not he deserves it as there will be rioting in the streets and more salt in the wound. The Frankenstein race mob is at the city data gate and across the land with torches and pitchforks screaming avenge Trayvon hang zi merman and pretending it just ain't so. Who me not me you!

Old 06-02-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Wow must have struck a nerve for you to go to that kind of trouble. What I believe is racist has little at all to do with Zimmerman himself. Most folks are so blinded by their own racism it just doesn't register I guess. Like the white racism of a100 years ago it is perceived as the norm as wrong as it may be you might most correctly say it IRS inbred. I guess if you hear daily in the home about the white devil you come to see it as the norm and accept it as the norm

You see it has nothing to do with z he is just the staging point. If it were not for the Sharpton Jackson black caucus racist devils we would not see this case elevated to its current level. Again, the every day egregious black on black crime gets a pass. Just another day in the hood right? Am I wrong? This is the point of the posts you so succinctly and studiously regurgitate. This drama is not about z !it is about the great divide of the open wounds of the past. A self fulfilling prophecy. It is as ingrained as a religion and we are doomed to the finality that will eventually present itself. As one poster stated here this man will not get justice whether or not he deserves it as there will be rioting in the streets and more salt in the wound. The Frankenstein race mob is at the city data gate and across the land with torches and pitchforks screaming avenge Trayvon hang zi merman and pretending it just ain't so. Who me not me you!
Another tirade about black racism.

You're going to be really disappointed when there are no riots in the streets, as so many anti blacks seem to be "praying" for. Btw, it took very little "work" time or effort to find and link to your posts.

Apparently one person here who said Zimmerman will not get justice is clearly wrong. There are NOT THREATS ANYWHERE that there will be riots if Zimmerman is acquitted. In fact, I challenge you to link to reliable sources which quote anyone threatening riots if Zimmerman is acquitted. Regardless of your belief that black politicians "own" our justice system, they DO NOT. Zimmerman will be tried by a jury of his "peers" selected from a large pool of jurors called for this case. Don't know whether or not the case will end up being tried in Sanford or not; I'd guess not. But don't know. You can watch the jury selection on TV, or if you live close to where the trial will be held, you can go to court and personally watch the process. The prosecution and the defense get to select the jurors. Al Sharpson and Jesse Jackson and whatever black caucus you're talking about will have no say in who gets selected to be on the jury, and I would say that to suggest such a thing is in fact racism, the old fashioned racism. Politicians will have NO SAY in what the jury decides.

I am white and I never hear anything about any "white devil".....where do you hear such biased language? Something you hear at any meetings maybe?

Old 06-02-2012, 06:08 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post

Oh, bologna! It has to do with the fact that many people see this as a case in which a 17 year-old kid went to the convenience store, was followed and questioned by a total stranger leading to a physical confrontation and, ultimately, the death of the teen. It might be shocking, but IRL many of us have family, friends, neighbors and co-workers of different races whom we like and even love. It's actually common these days. People are too busy living their lives to live in foggy shadows of fear and mistrust, as well as delusions of some vast and inevitable racial war. It's a pretty good place to live; it's
called America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies