Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 05:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I have yet to hear confirmation his father is Jewish. I guess folks are going off the surname which is German in origin.
Talk about stereotyping. I have a German maiden name and I am not Jewish!

Old 04-20-2012, 05:44 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Has everyone forgotten that Zimmerman is a Hispanic-Jew?

What does that have to do with anything??? He is not Jewish, his mother was born in Peru, he was raised Catholic...

Old 04-20-2012, 05:49 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry but a photo of blood does not exonerate George Zimmerman who actually instigated the entire incident. He needlessly followed a child because he was Black. Trayvon Martin may have thought that GZ was some sort of pervert or a mugger. GZ created the situation and he was a coward with a gun.
Where is your proof that Zimmerman instigated the entire incident and that he needlessly follow Martin (who was not a child by the way) just for being black?

I hate to keep reminding those of you who want to make this a white on black crime that Zimmerman is a Hispanic-Jew.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:51 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
What does that have to do with anything??? He is not Jewish, his mother was born in Peru, he was raised Catholic...
His father was Jewish and his mother Peruvian. That makes him a Hispanic-Jew. What religion he was raised in doesn't change that.

What it has to do with it is that the black community is trying to make this a white on black crime when it simply wasn't. Zimmerman was a minority just like Martin was.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:52 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What is the immunity hearing? I thought the bail hearing simply determined whether or not their was a likelihood that Zimmerman was take off and not come back, whether there was a risk that he would not come back for court etc.
An immunity hearing is a typical hearing that the defense may request in a Stand Your Ground case, in this hearing the prosecution has to turn over ALL of its evidence, if the judge decides there is enough evidence to support GZ's claim of self defense and the prosecution doesn't have enough evidence to contradict, he will dismiss the case and GZ will be immuned from criminal and civil prosecution...

Old 04-20-2012, 05:56 PM

867 posts, read 498,863 times
Quote:
An immunity hearing is a typical hearing that the defense may request in a Stand Your Ground case, in this hearing the prosecution has to turn over ALL of its evidence, if the judge decides there is enough evidence to support GZ's claim of self defense and the prosecution doesn't have enough evidence to contradict, he will dismiss the case and GZ will be immuned from criminal and civil prosecution...
It seems to me that the two massive cuts on the back of his head from it being pounded into the pavement is more than enough

Old 04-20-2012, 05:57 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,546,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Three suspensions, defacing property, drugs, jewelry and a burglary tool seems more than a phase to me. I call that a pattern of behavior suggesting Trayvon wasn't going to follow his big brother's example in doing well and going to college.
Lord knows what drugs already might have done to this kid's brain.
and you don't think there is any thing wrong with Zimmerman? After all he was arrested for violent crimes but it does help to have daddy as a judge.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,921,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
His father was Jewish and his mother Peruvian. That makes him a Hispanic-Jew. What religion he was raised in doesn't change that.
Actually, the religion he was raised in would be critical.

Judasim is based on maternal lineage, he would not be considered Jewish at all according to the standards of most Jews. If he did not actually practice Judaism, then you can change the most to all.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:00 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Pssssssssssssttttttttttttttt: Catholicism is a religion. Jewish, not so much.

Consider yourself a little smarter now.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:01 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
It seems to me that the two massive cuts on the back of his head from it being pounded into the pavement is more than enough
Of course, we know that there were no massive cuts, just some scrapes that are expected from a scuffle. This would also explain why he had no need to go to a hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies