Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 03:30 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What do you think is the political agenda of the Martin family and their supporters?
Their are two sides (or more) of the coin on every political issue. The SYG laws are a political issue for both us "anti-government" people and the "pro-government" people. An example here of someone using the Martin case to attack SYG laws.: Trayvon Martin and Stand Your Ground Laws

The rest of your post I have already addressed. The prosecution of Zimmerman is based on politics, not the facts of the case.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:31 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,825 times
He did say that, but for different reasons. He was trying to make sure both sides were protected in whether or not to release evidence to the media. We've all seen what the media has done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
ty for the clarification. I didn't hear or read what Lester said. Relied on this from the Miami Herald--- "Prosecutors argued that Zimmerman’s statements to police amounted to confessions, which are exempt from public-records law. But the judge said Zimmerman’s statements would likely bolster Zimmerman’s defense."

Old 06-02-2012, 03:39 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
ty for the clarification. I didn't hear or read what Lester said. Relied on this from the Miami Herald--- "Prosecutors argued that Zimmerman’s statements to police amounted to confessions, which are exempt from public-records law. But the judge said Zimmerman’s statements would likely bolster Zimmerman’s defense."
I pointed this out 20 pages ago. None of the Pro-Trayvon posters responded. I guess they are too busy high fivong each other over the revokation of bail.

Oh well let them have their fun when the mountain of evidence is released we'll see who is laughing.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I pointed this out 20 pages ago. None of the Pro-Trayvon posters responded. I guess they are too busy high fivong each other over the revokation of bail.

Oh well let them have their fun when the mountain of evidence is released we'll see who is laughing.

I remember an era when liberals did not celebrate the jailing of innocent men.

This man remained free on 30K bond for three years awaiting trial for killing a black man. He just killed another one.

http://www.khou.com/home/Police-arre...156121855.html

Old 06-02-2012, 03:48 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Their are two sides (or more) of the coin on every political issue. The SYG laws are a political issue for both us "anti-government" people and the "pro-government" people. An example here of someone using the Martin case to attack SYG laws.: Trayvon Martin and Stand Your Ground Laws

The rest of your post I have already addressed. The prosecution of Zimmerman is based on politics, not the facts of the case.
The BOLDED portion of you post is NOT FACT. It is your opinion. And seems to not be based on any legal expertise.

Obviously, you are just choosing to IGNORE everything I said about remedies for prosecutorial misconduct. If the State Attorney charged Zimmerman based on political considerations that behavior is prosecutorial misconduct and it would be to Zimmerman's great advantage and good fortune if that could be proven.

Do you think his attorney would hesitate to pursue that avenue if there were any evidence at all of such misconduct? If so, his attorney would have to be concerned about malpractice himself.

Don't think Alan Derschowitz has even suggested that the State Attorney be pursued for prosecutorial misconduct, although he "dances" around that issue. I think he's not calling for those charges because he KNOWS BETTER.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:54 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,825 times
I'm not a liberal. I am a very staunch conservative. I've butted heads in other threads with many of those with whom I completely agree here. However, my political position does not define me and my determination of right and wrong as it does for you and others here. I do not believe that the right to bear arms should automatically give someone a pass in circumstances such as these.

With regard to the high-fiving comment by Edward, you should be as shocked as we are at Zimmerman's arrogance and fraud upon the court. Many of us knew it wouild come out at some point.

I really hope you will take a step back and analyze whether you are allowing politics to define you. This is an internet thread. No one will think badly of you. In fact, many will applaud you.

Quote:

This man remained free on 30K bond for three years awaiting trial for killing a black man. He just killed another one.

Suspect in fatal shooting in Surfside leads police on chase with 3-year-old in back seat | khou.com Houston

Old 06-02-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Obviously, you are just choosing to IGNORE everything I said about remedies for prosecutorial misconduct. If the State Attorney charged Zimmerman based on political considerations that behavior is prosecutorial misconduct and it would be to Zimmerman's great advantage and good fortune if that could be proven.
Please, Corey is bright enough to insure no charges are brought against her. It is pretty difficult to prove prosecutorial misconduct but even us laymen can see a prosecutor responding to a politically charged environment. The first prosecutor, in the absence of political coercion, wisely chose to let Z-man go.

Quote:
I'm not a liberal. I am a very staunch conservative. I've butted heads in other threads with many of those with whom I completely agree here. However, my political position does not define me and my determination of right and wrong as it does for you and others here. I do not believe that the right to bear arms should automatically give someone a pass in circumstances such as these.

What you believe does not matter. What Florida law states is what matters.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:

Obviously you skipped over this post or were completely unable to understand what it said:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/24572976-post5490.html

Even your allies in this thread are having to admit that the revocation of bail for Zimmerman, based on the fact that his testimony regarding his finances was knowingly false, is bad for Zimmerman.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:58 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:

I, for one, don't find the death of a kid a laughing matter.....at all.

Regardless of the outcome of the trial, you won't find me laughing. There is nothing funny about what happened the night of February 26.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:

Suspect in fatal shooting in Surfside leads police on chase with 3-year-old in back seat | khou.com Houston
There has been no verdict in this case acquitting or convicting Zimmerman.

He was jailed because his bail was revoked because it was discovered that he was intentionally not truthful in the bail hearing. The issue in a bail hearing is whether or not the defendant is a flight risk and whether or not he/she is a danger to him/herself and or society. Lying about finances could certainly be construed as going to whether or not he is a flight risk.

I think liberals advocate for due process....a fair trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies