Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 09:04 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times

Advertisements

Great clarification! Thank you, Nancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Totally false. He applied for the new passport in 2004. That's why his 2nd passport expires in 2014. I will try to find another source, since I already pasted a link to a TV news channel. He just found the old one when he was moving? Huh?

By the way, he DID NOT turn in the new one. He turned in the old one and kept the one that doesn't expire until 2014. I will try to find another link. That's probably why he got caught, since the old one was reported lost. I already said he could have just been under a lot of stress and made a mistake, but why did he keep 2 U.S. passports, one issued in 2002 and another issued in 2004. It's confusing, since I thought the replacement should have the same expiration date as the original which is 10 years.

HERE

and

HERE

"In court documents, State Attorney Angela B. Corey also said that Zimmerman had two passports, and the passport that he surrendered to the court at the April hearing was one that Zimmerman had reported stolen on March 8, 2004. That passport was valid until May 2012, Corey said. Zimmerman was issued a second passport on March 26, 2004, and that one is valid until 2014, she said."

Old 06-01-2012, 09:05 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Next they will find out he has an extra driver's license and try and fry him on that. This case is going nowhere fast.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:11 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Next they will find out he has an extra driver's license and try and fry him on that. This case is going nowhere fast.
Just like GZ!

Old 06-01-2012, 09:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Not really. This case is going south really fast.

So you don't understand why the passport is such a big deal.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:17 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
So? Why would anyone have 2 Florida driver's licenses? Seriously, you cannot have 2 licenses in this country, at least not in Florida. I don't understand why you think breaking the law is no big deal. Strange, because many people who think having 2 U.S. passports in the same name also support the voter purging in Florida. After all, we must make sure nobody is being sneaky. But then it's okay to have an extra passport, lie to a judge about your finances, and hypothetically have a second driver's license? When I moved to Florida I had to turn in my NH license, but you think if they learn he has 2 current licenses, that's okay. I know you were being facetious, but you keep justifying his bad acts.

Sure, an extra passport and lying about the money has nothing to do with the shooting on Feb 26, but neither does writing graffiti on a wall or getting suspended from school. I guess only the character of the victim is what we need to examine.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:23 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Actually, the judge apparently heard and/or saw the tapes on which Zimmerman and his wife were using "coded language" to refer to money and the passport that were in a safety deposit box; I linked that article not long ago. Needless to say, the judge was not as sanguine in his response as you.
Needless to say you don't know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Prosecutors also accused Zimmerman of failing to turn over a second passport he owns as a condition of his bail. O’Mara said Zimmerman had lost his passport several years ago and obtained a new one, only to later discover the original passport when moving recently. Once he discovered the original passport, Zimmerman gave it to his lawyer. The judge sided with the defense and found that Zimmerman did not deliberately hide the second passport.
Read more here: Judge orders Zimmerman back to jail - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com

Moving on.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-02-2012 at 03:54 AM..

Old 06-01-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Not really. This case is going south really fast.

So you don't understand why the passport is such a big deal.
The judge said it's not a big deal.

Quote:
Prosecutors also accused Zimmerman of failing to turn over a second passport he owns as a condition of his bail. O’Mara said Zimmerman had lost his passport several years ago and obtained a new one, only to later discover the original passport when moving recently. Once he discovered the original passport, Zimmerman gave it to his lawyer. The judge sided with the defense and found that Zimmerman did not deliberately hide the second passport.
Read more here: Judge orders Zimmerman back to jail - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com

Trayvoniacs grasping at straws, yet again.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Totally false. He applied for the new passport in 2004. That's why his 2nd passport expires in 2014. I will try to find another source, since I already pasted a link to a TV news channel. He just found the old one when he was moving? Huh?

By the way, he DID NOT turn in the new one. He turned in the old one and kept the one that doesn't expire until 2014. I will try to find another link. That's probably why he got caught, since the old one was reported lost. I already said he could have just been under a lot of stress and made a mistake, but why did he keep 2 U.S. passports, one issued in 2002 and another issued in 2004. It's confusing, since I thought the replacement should have the same expiration date as the original which is 10 years.

HERE

and

HERE

"In court documents, State Attorney Angela B. Corey also said that Zimmerman had two passports, and the passport that he surrendered to the court at the April hearing was one that Zimmerman had reported stolen on March 8, 2004. That passport was valid until May 2012, Corey said. Zimmerman was issued a second passport on March 26, 2004, and that one is valid until 2014, she said."
Corey can say whatever she likes, she's already proven that she can't be trusted to be well trustworthy.

Quote:

Old 06-01-2012, 09:32 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Corey can say whatever she likes, she's already proven that she can't be trusted to be well trustworthy.

Read more here: [url=http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/01/2827932_p2/judge-orders-zimmerman-back-to.html#storylink=cpy]Judge orders Zimmerman back to jail - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com[/url]
Well, I guess we don't know which article to believe. I have links that claim he turned in the passport he said he lost. If he turned in the passport he got as a replacement, then it's possible he found the old one when he was moving.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:33 PM

812 posts, read 595,204 times
I wish you could have all heard joe Walsh on Trayvon Martin today. Where is ole Jesse with rampant black on black crime, "nowhere to be found". He is invested in racism in America and without racism he could not exist.
It is sad to say but first and foremost that is what this case is all about, the advancement of racism in America. So...are you happy to have more reasons to hate one another well congratulations!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies