Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 06:02 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Uh...hello! I quoted someone. I responded to someone else's post. That someone wasn't you. I didn't realize this internetwebthingy stuff was so hard.
It's an internet forum. You post here, you are likely to get responses from various other members. Duh! apparently this "internetwebthingy" is harder for some than others.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:14 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Okay, that might be because of the money they already spent. I guess they only had $135,000 left. Previous news reports stated he had raised over $200k. In any case, it's still a lie. I guess you've never worked for the IRS. If you don't report income, whether it is $20,000 or $100,000 you are still violating the law. So when they said they were broke & indigent, they were still lying. You are trying very hard to clean this up, but it still comes out smelling like dog poo.

By the way, if you think $135,000 is chump change, I'll send you my bank's routing number and my account. Direct deposit is fine with me.
This article discusses money taken from the fund by the Zimmermans, as well as notes that the first lead investigator wanted to charge G.Z. the night of the killing.

Trayvon Martin's Killer Makes Big Move, Hires High-Profile Lawyer | SOHH.COM

Old 06-01-2012, 06:32 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,942,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Bill, I can promise you that the State Attorney knows all the details regarding that passport. They are able to get records on things like that while conducting a criminal investigation. They know, from passport official records, exactly when he reported his passport lost, when he applied for a replacement, and when he received it. My guess is that a copy of those records are most likely attached to the State's Motion to revoke bail which was filed today.
I never said or suggested that the prosecution doesn't know this info. I asked about it because none of US know about it.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Okay, that might be because of the money they already spent. I guess they only had $135,000 left. Previous news reports stated he had raised over $200k. In any case, it's still a lie. I guess you've never worked for the IRS. If you don't report income, whether it is $20,000 or $100,000 you are still violating the law. So when they said they were broke & indigent, they were still lying. You are trying very hard to clean this up, but it still comes out smelling like dog poo.

By the way, if you think $135,000 is chump change, I'll send you my bank's routing number and my account. Direct deposit is fine with me.
Show me where I said or suggested anything like what you are talking about here. I merely pointed out your incorrect number. Stop taking one word from a post and throwing it into a totally unrelated post and trying to attribute that tripe to me. It's annoying.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
How to Get Your Passport in a Hurry

Anyone can get an expedited passport.
Yes, anyone can get an expedited passport. From that link, we learn this;
Quote:
As of ( Friday June 1, 2012 ), we are processing requests for expedited service in about 2-3 weeks door-to-door, when overnight delivery is requested and paid for both ways (to and from the passport agency).
Since Zimmerman reportedly got his passport two weeks after the shooting, we still don't know when he lost the old one & requested the new.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:54 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Show me where I said or suggested anything like what you are talking about here. I merely pointed out your incorrect number. Stop taking one word from a post and throwing it into a totally unrelated post and trying to attribute that tripe to me. It's annoying.
This is the link: George Zimmerman Raises $204,000 In Three Weeks, $50,000 Already Spent | SOHH.COM

[quote] According to reports, George Zimmerman has already spent a quarter of the raised donations.
Zimmerman, the man who shot their son, raised $204,000 in just three weeks with a PayPal account posted to a website. He spent about $50,000 before his defense lawyer ever learned of the fund's swelling balance, his attorney, Mark O'Mara, acknowledged. O'Mara recently created a new fundraising site administered by a former IRS agent and registered with the Florida Division of Consumer Services. He told ABC News that he raised nearly $8,000 in the first few days the site was active. "I'm not going to be unrealistic to the fact that everyone is seeking donations in relation to this case, including the Trayvon Martin family," O'Mara said at a recent press conference. "It seems as though we have become in this criminal justice system a system where we can ask other people to help us. That's what we are doing." The fund now also includes the $150,000 balance transferred from the original PayPal account Zimmerman had set up. (Kansas City Star)/]

Old 06-01-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Yes, anyone can get an expedited passport. From that link, we learn this; Since Zimmerman reportedly got his passport two weeks after the shooting, we still don't know when he lost the old one & requested the new.
No, we don't know that information. And that's because it, so far, has not been released. Seems the state decided, in an abundance of caution, to check out Zimmerman's passport records after the bail hearing when he surrendered his passport and that's when they learned about it. Surely the didn't want that information leaked because they had intentions of filing a Motion For Revocation Of Bail and they didn't want this info to come out before the hearing today. IIRC, they filed the Motion in court at the hearing today, which would be the first time anybody had seen it.

No, we knew nothing about his passport, prior to today, other than it was reported that he turned over his passport to the court before he was released on bail. Nothing else had been reported.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:55 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Broad generalizations like that would lose a case for you in a heartbeat if you were a lawyer. And the statement about the revocation of bail and the reason for it amounts to nothing is just beyond naive. Zimmerman wasn't "vague" about the money, he lied about the money.

Edward, I'm not so sure you're correct when you say the State has to prove that Zimmerman acted with "malice." Do you have a definition for the word "malice" from the Florida Statutes?

According to Florida law, does the phrase "depraved mine regardless of human life" mean "malice"? I don't think so. The statute is saying it's a depraved mind showing no regard for human life. I think Zimmerman demonstrated he had no regard for human life when he set out in that community with a gun pursuing Martin, it was a reckless act on his part.

You know, words in statutes usually have a legal definition and not just a casual definition you might find online. In reading the Florida statute for 2nd murder, I don't see the word "malicious" or "malice" in there. Do you see it?
The jury will be given this instruction re murder 2---
[SIZE=3]
An act is "imminently dangerous to another and demonstrating a depraved mind" if it is an act or series of acts that:

1. a person of ordinary judgment would know is reasonably certain to kill or do serious bodily injury to another, and

2. is done from ill will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent, and

3. is of such a nature that the act itself indicates an indifference to human life.
[/SIZE]

Old 06-01-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He could have left a long time ago. Frankly I said as much during the run up to the arrest. He was free to leave. He should have left the minute Al Sharpton started ginning up the case.
But wait. You've been saying all along that the State has no case, that this is a slam dunk for the defense, no way Zimmerman will be convicted.......yet, a long time ago you thought he should leave the country while he had the chance.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:06 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Yes, anyone can get an expedited passport. From that link, we learn this; Since Zimmerman reportedly got his passport two weeks after the shooting, we still don't know when he lost the old one & requested the new.
You get the passport in a few days if you pay the expedited fees, if not it's 3 weeks.
Least that was our case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies