Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 03:43 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I don't know that this event will be allowed into the trial. It's an event that happened AFTER the shooting, and doesn't alter the facts of that night, but could be very prejudicial to the jury. A good attorney will at least TRY to exclude this from the trial.
It absolutely can be allowed at trial, to show his character.

Just because something happens AFTER the crime, doesn't mean it can't be admitted in court. Behavior after the crime can be very telling.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:43 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,227 times
What's worse is he put his wife in a position where she lied on the stand, so she may be charged, too. Zimmerman sat there like a "potted palm" (Judge's words) while Zimmerman's wife lied and his attorney unwittingly misrepresented what actually was going on. He lied to get a second passport. Zimmerman orchestrated this and as such, he is a flight risk.

I wonder if he's going to show up in 48 hours.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:44 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Maybe if Zimmermans defense was based solely on his statements maybe you'd have a point. Its not the physical evidence confirms his version of events as do witnesses. Also lying seems to be a strong word seems like a misunderstanding. If the prosecution is basing it's case on bail hearings like you and Crupp seem to be doing this case will be a slam dunk for Zim.
Can you explain to me how it's a misunderstanding? He was literally discussing the exact amounts of money received with his wife on the phone, then days later they both told the court they had nothing.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Ok, that's not a controversy...that is left for the judicial process to break down. Like any other murder trial. So why don't we dig up all the details of every murder trial in the True Crime forum since "character flaws" qualify as "controversy"...

Trayvon martin was killed...George Zimmerman is being tried for murder which is a CRIME. True Crime forum!!!
Funny how the Georgie Porgie supporters want to bury this thread in the "True Crimes" sub-forum now that their little gun slinging hero has been proven a LIAR.

Just face the facts, Georgie Porgie thinks that he is above the law and that he is smarter than everyone around him....and this time it caught up with him.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
And he didn't, and now he will be spending months in jail waiting for the trial. Pretty stupid on his part.
I agree that this brings his credibility into question.
But all of the physical evidence released so far seems to be on his side, so I still think he will eventually be found not guilty of 2nd degree murder.
Especailly since he waived his right to a speedy trial to prepare his defense. LOL!

Quote:
Why isn't this in "True Crime"??
Because it's here.

Quote:
Do you have a link to that? I haven't read it anywhere else.
The comments from the judge wouldn't seem to indicate that:

It seems the judge was more swayed by the financial information. It seems like if he had gotten a new passport 2 weeks after the shooting that the judge wouldn't have dismissed that part so easily.

U.S. News - Judge revokes bail for George Zimmerman in Trayvon Martin case
The link that you posted stated GZ got a new passport two weeks after the shooting. He had some plans in mind, I would think.

Quote:
Not smart to play games with the judge:
George Zimmerman's Bond Revoked - ABC News
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Legal counsel for both sides have been all over TV since this was announced. O'Mara (or whatever his name is) is not exploding with rage. He has very calmly said this will all be explained to George's benefit. Sweet Little Trayvon's family's attorney, however, is making a spectacle of himself, throwing around liberal goofy words like 'transparency', blah blah.
"Both sides"? Trayvon is dead. He has no "side".

Old 06-01-2012, 03:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Funny how the Georgie Porgie supporters want to bury this thread in the "True Crimes" sub-forum now that their little gun slinging hero has been proven a LIAR.

Just face the facts, Georgie Porgie thinks that he is above the law and that he is smarter than everyone around him....and this time it caught up with him.
True. No one ever made this request until today. This is priceless!

Old 06-01-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Maybe if Zimmermans defense was based solely on his statements maybe you'd have a point. Its not the physical evidence confirms his version of events as do witnesses. Also lying seems to be a strong word seems like a misunderstanding. If the prosecution is basing it's case on bail hearings like you and Crupp seem to be doing this case will be a slam dunk for Zim.
How is it a "misunderstanding" when Georgie Porgie and his wife discussed moving the money and then the wife fgot on the stand in the bond hearing and stated that there wasn't any money?

Based on your logic, one can only assume that "misunderstanding" and "bold faced lie" are synomyns in Ghana.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:50 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

I don't "support George. I support "justice".

I am making the issue because my thread, which is just as "controversial" as this case...was moved to "True Crime" by the forum nazis.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I don't "support George. I support "justice".

I am making the issue because my thread, which is just as "controversial" as this case...was moved to "True Crime" by the forum nazis.
Sure. Uh huh.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:52 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Ok, that's not a controversy...that is left for the judicial process to break down. Like any other murder trial. So why don't we dig up all the details of every murder trial in the True Crime forum since "character flaws" qualify as "controversy"...

Trayvon martin was killed...George Zimmerman is being tried for murder which is a CRIME. True Crime forum!!!
What are you? "The Volunteer CD Neighborhood Watch Semantics Police"?

Controversy is a state of prolonged public dispute or debate, usually concerning a matter of opinion.

This topic fits the criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies