Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 01:37 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
in what sense was zimmerman playing games with the judge?
He had a valid passport and an expired passport.

One of his conditions of bond was to turn in his passport. He turned in the expired on and kept the valid one. Not only is that playing games with the judge, it's kind of making him look like a flight risk.

Not only that, he applied for the second passport 2 weeks after the shooting, claiming that he had lost the original one that was due to expire in May. He then turned in the "lost" passport to the judge.

He also lied about the amount of money he had - they found this out after they reviewed jailhouse tapes of him speaking to his wife on the phone about the money he was transferring into his bank account, apparently in some sort of code.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:40 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Yes. He has two passports and only turned in one, and has more money than he indicated. State of mind, state of mind. . .
And it goes to credibility, credibility. This guy is really burying himself with his dishonesty!

How could he expect a jury to believe things he says when he seems to be establishing such a record for dishonesty?

Old 06-01-2012, 01:41 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And it goes to credibility, credibility. This guy is really burying himself with his dishonesty!

How could he expect a jury to believe things he says when he seems to be establishing such a record for dishonesty?
And if he wants to act like he is not a flight risk, why would he obtain a new passport right after the shooting, and give the judge the old one?

Honestly, with that behavior, he should not have any sort of bail at all.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
He had a valid passport and an expired passport.

One of his conditions of bond was to turn in his passport. He turned in the expired on and kept the valid one. Not only is that playing games with the judge, it's kind of making him look like a flight risk.

Not only that, he applied for the second passport 2 weeks after the shooting, claiming that he had lost the original one that was due to expire in May. He then turned in the "lost" passport to the judge.

He also lied about the amount of money he had - they found this out after they reviewed jailhouse tapes of him speaking to his wife on the phone about the money he was transferring into his bank account, apparently in some sort of code.
Having access to so much money, and having a new passport, does sound like he and his wife could have been planning a trip out of the country prior to the trial. Good that his bond was revoked.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
And if he wants to act like he is not a flight risk, why would he obtain a new passport right after the shooting, and give the judge the old one?

Honestly, with that behavior, he should not have any sort of bail at all.
I don't think he will be out on bail again.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Lying about how much money he had and not turning over a second passport. That's more than just playing games, frankly.
Don't think it would be possible for him to make a case that he's not a flight risk again.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:55 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,943,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Don't think it would be possible for him to make a case that he's not a flight risk again.
I agree. I can't think of any way to interpret his actions other than he was making sure he had a way to leave if he decided he needed to.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:01 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
I wonder what the zimdefenders are going to say about this? Whoops I think...that ...I ....hear....crickets!

Old 06-01-2012, 02:05 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Wait at minute, you used your own post to verify what you could not prove

So in otherwords your are basing your assumption on the words of a woman who may or may not be black hiding in her house afraid of her own shadow
Stop being lazy the referenced article is posted in that thread in the first post. Im not going to scour the web for you.

The info is there it's not my problem you choose to ignore it

Old 06-01-2012, 02:07 PM

812 posts, read 595,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I guess maybe because I'm a father of two black youngmen that frequently goes to the store by themselves unarmed. Maybe perhaps because being of the darker hue myself, might have concern about some wanna be cop approaching me with some nonsense and a gun.

Does that answer your question

Well I am not black so I don't know what your experiences have been and whether you deserve a pass because of negative experiences or are just paranoid and need counseling

I am disturbed by some black folk that jump to I think a paranoid conclusion that this was some sort of profiling based on race and race alone. As I have said before, Arabs in general I don't pay much notice but Arabs on a plane give me pause for concern. I think young black men with a negative history in this neighborhood is the problem.
Not that I am naive enough to believe there isn't still racism in the world I do believe that it has become more of xenophobic by definition than racial hate. It is a trust problem based on I believe mutual negativity so what say we all get a little more positive. As an old psych teacher once said to me you come at me fist rolled up how do expect I am going to come back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies