Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 10:37 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Let me ask you something. If you happened to be carrying a firearm...just how much would you let someone beat you before defending yourself? Would you have been as tolerant as Zimmerman? Letting someone pound you in the face, breaking your nose. Blackening both eyes. Pounding your head into the concrete, gashing your head. Would you be thinking, "it's ok, he's not REALLY hurting me...I'll just wait till he cracks my skull open"? Or would you do SOMETHING to stop the violent attack while you still could? How about if it was a loved one, a spouse or child? Would you let a criminal split their skull before you shot?
If George Zimmerman's head had been BANGED and/or SLAMMED into the pavement, he would have had more than just those superficial scratches. His injuries are not consistent with his story. Where are the medical records showing that he received treatment for these life threatening wounds inflicted by TM?

The fact remains that there was no need for GZ to have confronted TM. Let alone continue to follow him after being told not to by the police dispatcher. He disobeyed a direct instruction by the police dispatcher because he felt empowered by his gun. He knew better than the police and was going to teach this Black kid a lesson for daring to be in HIS neighborhood.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:44 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I guess you do not recall this correctly. From the very first time Sybrina Fulton heard the cries for help, she said it was her son. She was so upset that she ran out of the room crying. Even the Mayor of Sanford was shaken by her emotional reaction to the tape.
I stand corrected, it was the father that said the screams weren't Martins.

Quote:
Initially, Trayvon Martin’s father said that the screams heard were not from his son, but later recanted.

Quote:
The document says Trayvon's mother identified the screams for help heard in a 911 call as those of her son. It also reveals that investigators interviewed a "friend" of Trayvon's who was talking to him in the leadup to the shooting.
Case Against Zimmerman Claims Screaming on 911 Call is Trayvon

Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If George Zimmerman's head had been BANGED and/or SLAMMED into the pavement, he would have had more than just those superficial scratches. His injuries are not consistent with his story. Where are the medical records showing that he received treatment for these life threatening wounds inflicted by TM?

The fact remains that there was no need for GZ to have confronted TM. Let alone continue to follow him after being told not to by the police dispatcher. He disobeyed a direct instruction by the police dispatcher because he felt empowered by his gun. He knew better than the police and was going to teach this Black kid a lesson for daring to be in HIS neighborhood.
Something doesn't smell right to me. Why are news anchors like Anderson Cooper reporting on things that should only be discussed by an ME under oath? Then he interviewed CNN's legal analyst, Jeffrey Toobin, who said this is good news for the defense. What news? Why are there so many leaks like this in a murder trial? First Trayvon Martin's sealed high school records were leaked by the police and now we're hearing about a medical examiner's findings on a body through network news? I only know what I saw, and [URL="http://publicintelligence.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Kelly-Thomas-Police-Beating.jpg"]this is what Kelly Thomas looked like[/URL] when he was beaten by cops in October. Zimmerman was walking around the police station as if he wasn't hurt at all.

By the way, why aren't the people who are boasting about the ME report mentioning that Zimmerman was on 2 prescriptions at the time of the shooting. I said he sounded drunk or dopey on the 911 tape and I was right! His physician included in his report that, prior to the shooting, Zimmerman had been taking Adderall and Temazepam. These prescription drugs often cause side effects like agitation and mood swings. So George was taking anti-anxiety drugs and walking around with a loaded 9mm gun?

Old 05-16-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

1) The evidence suggests that Martin confronted Zimmerman, not the other way around.
2) As I corrected you on before, and as you would know if you actually listened to the oft-quoted 911 tape, Zimmerman did not follow Martin after being told not to by dispatch. He was already following, and stopped when suggested "we don't need you to do that".
3) He was "going to teach this black kid a lesson"? Get over your blind hatred of anyone not black. It doesn't matter how many times you repeat a lie, it's still a lie.

In case you're actually interested, here is the 911 call transcript. Transcript of George Zimmerman's Call to the Police

Old 05-16-2012, 10:55 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, no. Martin's lawyers claim to have an exper witness that says it was Martin. Zimmerman's lawyer claims it was Zimmerman. IIRC Martins' mother said it did NOT sound like her son.
Actually, the state investigator testified that Martin's mother did in fact identify the voice as her son.

Also, here's a link to the NBC Nightly News report about info released today. It states that the gun was fired from "intermediate range" based on a report that NBC news reporter REVIEWED today. So you have CBS saying "suggesting inches" to NBC saying "intermediate range."

NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: News and videos from the evening broadcast- msnbc.com

Old 05-16-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You guys are citing a CBS news report which is really very imprecise about it's claims. READ the article carefully.

First: (quote from your link)

"Wednesday new details emerged from sources close to the investigation. A responder at the crime scene told CBS News that he and others saw wounds on the knuckles of one of Martin's hands as he lay dead on this lawn, suggesting Martin had thrown a punch."

"details emerged from sources"....WHAT SOURCES, WHO??? Pretty vague.

"A responder at the crime scene"....WHO, NAME, how can you verify if you don't know WHO?

"suggesting" Martin had thrown a punch"...again, WHO "suggested" how reliable is that person, why not give your name if you are certain of what you are suggesting, how can the person's credibility be determined if we don't know who it is?

Second: (quote from your link)

"Special prosecutor Angela Corey's team has built a murder case against Zimmerman on evidence not available to the original state attorney or Sanford police - information that includes the autopsy report on Martin.
State crime lab analysis of his clothes, including gun powder residue that could

indicate the distance between of the men

^^^ True, and WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT EVIDENCE IS AT THIS POINT because it has not been released.

Three (another quote from your link)

A source also told CBS News an unreleased police report noted Zimmerman's sweatshirt had "grass stains, and was wet on the back."
Details from Trayvon Martin's autopsy show the bullet entered the left side of his chest, and shattered the ventrical, one of his heart's two large chambers but the round did not leave his body.

"A source ...told CBS News".....WHO, WHAT SOURCE? We have no idea who the source is nor any motivation they may have to tell CBS whatever they told them.

Fourth (quote from your link)

The reports also noted the fatal wound's...It suggests Zimmerman fired inches away from the teenager.

WHAT REPORT? Where is a copy of the report? Who is the source who gave this information to CBS and how reliable are they? We don't know. It could have been anybody with any motive. And that's the problem. We don't know. So the link that you are relying upon as factual evidence to support Zimmerman is really all about details emerging from an unknown source, a responder whom is not identified supposedly said things. The CBS news report is vague.

The real Medical Examiner's report will not be vague. But you have to wait to see it.
And once again I ask...where is the report that indicates the shots were fired FROM A DISTANCE? Or that counters or contradicts anything in this news article? If you have them, I would like to see them. Because as far as I know, this report, no matter how flimsy, is the only one that discusses the forensic evidence of the shooting. You are quite correct, the MEs report or that of other expert witnesses will be much more creditable. But also as you have said, they have not been released (to the best of my knowledge anyway).

Old 05-16-2012, 11:00 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Maybe he just wasn't as smart as you? No one ever made the case that George was a genius. Anyone that has taken a CCW course knows that you NEVER talk to the police without your attorney present.

I didn't mention talking; I'm wondering why if I know that I'll definitely be
using self-defense as a plea after I've killed someone, I wouldn't be absolutely sure that every minute detail of my injuries would be duly noted. That's simple common sense.

There were reports that the fight and screaming lasted 1-2 minutes prior to the shot being fired, not 10-20 seconds. The 10-20 seconds (or whatever time on the UNRECORDED phone call) were between the time the first contact (verbal confrontation) happened and presumably when the fight started (phone dropped). The shot was fired some time later

My timeline of 90 seconds was taken from the article that you provided the link to; I take it that you aren't in agreement with that writer's opinion?

OK, I take it back. I now doubt that you're any smarter than Zimmerman...
The Kel-Tec 9 may be small and inexpensive, but it's still metal. It would be similar to being hit with a good-sized rock. BTW, regarding the article that you linked: The body has a left "venticle," not a "ventrical." I would suggest articles from publications with proofreaders.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
1) The evidence suggests that Martin confronted Zimmerman, not the other way around.
2) As I corrected you on before, and as you would know if you actually listened to the oft-quoted 911 tape, Zimmerman did not follow Martin after being told not to by dispatch. He was already following, and stopped when suggested "we don't need you to do that".
3) He was "going to teach this black kid a lesson"? Get over your blind hatred of anyone not black. It doesn't matter how many times you repeat a lie, it's still a lie.

In case you're actually interested, here is the 911 call transcript. Transcript of George Zimmerman's Call to the Police

In GZ's own words he stated that HE was following TM. That is the catalyst for this entire incident. He was told to not follow TM and let the police handle it. GM took the law into his own hands with deadlt consequences. All GZ needed to do was observe and report.

The problem that I have is that the people who are on Team Zimmerman are on his side because they believe that ALL Black people are suspicious no matter what. That is a very dangerous assumption. TM lost his life just because someone carrying a gun didn't like the way that he "looked".

I could have been TM. My brother could have been TM. My mother could have been TM. My father could have been TM. My cousins could have been TM. My (Black) friends could have been TM. And our only crime would have been walking on a street where an armed person just decides that we don't "belong" regardless of our purpose for being there. It is not right. It is disgusting. Trayvon Martin had the right to be left alone. Instead he lost his life because George Zimmerman felt the need to execute him on the spot.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Something doesn't smell right to me. Why are news anchors like Anderson Cooper reporting on things that should only be discussed by an ME under oath? Then he interviewed CNN's legal analyst, Jeffrey Toobin, who said this is good news for the defense. What news? Why are there so many leaks like this in a murder trial? First Trayvon Martin's sealed high school records were leaked by the police and now we're hearing about a medical examiner's findings on a body through network news? I only know what I saw, and this is what Kelly Thomas looked like when he was beaten by cops in October. Zimmerman was walking around the police station as if he wasn't hurt at all.

By the way, why aren't the people who are boasting about the ME report mentioning that Zimmerman was on 2 prescriptions at the time of the shooting. I said he sounded drunk or dopey on the 911 tape and I was right! His physician included in his report that, prior to the shooting, Zimmerman had been taking Adderall and Temazepam. These prescription drugs often cause side effects like agitation and mood swings. So George was taking anti-anxiety drugs and walking around with a loaded 9mm gun?
The ME report would have nothing to do with Zimmerman's health or condition at the scene or otherwise. Don't know what the State will do with that info regarding his meds.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
And once again I ask...where is the report that indicates the shots were fired FROM A DISTANCE? Or that counters or contradicts anything in this news article? If you have them, I would like to see them. Because as far as I know, this report, no matter how flimsy, is the only one that discusses the forensic evidence of the shooting. You are quite correct, the MEs report or that of other expert witnesses will be much more creditable. But also as you have said, they have not been released (to the best of my knowledge anyway).
NBC Nightly news. First part of their report says "intermediate range"......

NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: News and videos from the evening broadcast- msnbc.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies